main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Sequel to the Sequel trilogy coming?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by chris hayes, Feb 12, 2022.

1. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    @Darth PJ

Yes I suppose a ST to the ST could indeed be a Disney + series as yes it might be to risky to do a trilogy of movies, It's a bit like getting the gang back from Revenge of the Sith for the Obi-Wan series which if any series should be a trilogy of movies then it would be Obi-Wan, if they do that with Obi-Wan then Disney's move for the ST to the ST will probably go the way of Disney + .

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    Darth PJ likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

These jedi/force user, post ST era minus one or two. And plus Jacen Syndulla. Could tell all their stories conclude in one big era.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    If anything, Disney's next move seems to be going back, far back. Instead of forward, where they could have gone all along.

And if you're ok with Filoni retconning or bending the story around with Ahsoka being alive...then that means there could be dozens of still alive former students of Luke's first academy.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I'm totally good with Filoni retconing as he has done with both OT and PT stories and eras. Same will be done with ST era. The more jedi still around the better. I think we will go way back and seems to be starting with in High Republic. But i think they also do this era of post ST at least as conclude the stories of jedi/force users still alive and around.

5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Attention Disney/LFL: Don't do this. This was a joke.

:p

6. i think the only way that an Episode X XI and XII could work is if they reveal that Luke had a lost son or daughter and Rey is looking for him/her it will be weird to see an Episode X without the Skywalkers and Rey is not a real Skywalker if they do a continuation of the Sequels better do a Disney plus show instead of a movie the Episodes titles should be reserved for the Skywalker family

7. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    They could also do a 'Luke was a clone' in TLJ... and the real one is still out there. There's lots of ways they can circumnavigate the Skywalker's all being dead by the end of TROS (IMO).

ChildOfWinds likes this.
  8. Watcherwithin

Watcherwithin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2017
    There’s a million retcons they could try, but I thought when you’re in a hole you need to quit digging. They should leave the ST be and create new characters instead of writing a second attempt

Darth PJ likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They shundt abondon the characters because some fans dislike them. Give new life to the characters like the ones from the PT. But wait until the cast of the ST is ready to come back. 10 years maybe or less.

10. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I actually like this idea, that students from Luke's academy may still be alive. The only reference in the ST to the Jedi was when Luke simply said "I will not be the last Jedi." But that doesn't really say anything specific. I know technically in TLJ he was supposed to be talking about Rey. But it could easily be reworked as him referring to Rey as well as perhaps several other Jedi he's aware of. That would actually be kind of interesting.

As for Ahsoka however, it seems like so many just want her to just be alive forever...but I really have a hard time swallowing that she would still be alive if she was speaking to Rey while Rey was reaching out to Jedi "who came BEFORE" (as in not "currently"). I personally feel she will have died, at least before the events of TROS-and that's fine, as it gives her character another 20 odd years to have stories made. I feel that's perfectly reasonable.

ChildOfWinds and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  11. StartCenterEnd

StartCenterEnd Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 2, 2006
    The best way forward for a 10,11 and 12 would be to follow Luke into the afterlife of the Force. Consult Lucas and get his ideas for the sequel trilogy in there with the midiclorians and the Whills. Luke and Anakin and Obi Wan and Qui Gon and Yoda can all interact and we learn more about the Force and what true balance is and meanwhile we can cut to the world of the living with Rey rebuilding the Jedi while communing with Luke.

12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The main characters should be the Whills, but specifically as Lucas described them: single celled organisms.

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I have a bad feeling about this.

14. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    [​IMG]

Easily and beautifully done.
    • Grogu's journey leads him back with Luke, even if temporarily
    • Grogu saves the rest of the students, unknowingly to Luke, pulling something like this above
    • Fixes both the problem of zero Jedi alive at the end of TLJ and improves Luke's legacy a tiny bit
    • All these students are kept somewhere abandoned for their own safety, exploring The Force
    • They find Rey a few years after the end of IX, help her rebuild the Order
    • All kinds of future stories are possible

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    there's always broom boy.

16. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
    What I want to see in the next trilogy is a galaxy where "Jedi" are popping up everywhere, and by Jedi, I mean force-sensitives, perhaps with a lightsaber, maybe not. But no one wears robes, follows a code, says "may the force be with you" or anything like that. There could be a Jedi Order, or several, but they don't have a massive influence.

Like we could introduce a new Jedi hero who's a smuggler or something, who happens to be Force-sensitive. Maybe he lifts his saber off someone else. Basically Han Solo with a lightsaber, mind-tricking his way around the galaxy to make a buck.

And maybe the villain could be a Jedi extremist, a student of the old ways, who believes it's people not following the code (like the legend of Anakin Skywalker) that will lead it to ruin, and so they must be forced to, controlled.

This story could involve Rey and Finn as Jedi trying to navigate this new world. Deciding which traditions to carry over, if any. Like, Finn for example might feel very strongly about not taking force-sensitive kids from their families, never to see them again, inducting them into a belief system against their will. And if Rey and Finn openly become a couple, that could be something a villain has a big problem with.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2022
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Even i who like The ST, didn't like the reset button on the Jedi. And hope that Filoni and Faveru makes it that there are still jedi Survivors out there. Order 66 still had plenty of Jedi Survivors who still might be alive by OT and ST. Ahsoka and Ezra could have trained their own force users. But not be called jedi. Grogu and orher students hides. A story of the jedi order being rebuild in a galaxy in chaos.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
  18. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    As someone who actively dislikes the ST, I wouldn't necessarily want to abandon the ST characters. However, I certainly wouldn't want them leading Episodes X, XI and XII, because I think new sequels should go in different directions, and I think any exploration of Rey's story, for example, would be problematic and wouldn't lend itself to progressive stories post TROS. There's more room for Finn (IMO) because he was rather a disregarded and unfulfilled character, in terms of his arc, and if he were to become a Jedi master or leader of the New Republic etc, I think that could be worth the price of a ticket.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think for any episode X,XI, XII would be of new generation again. Could be with a older Rey as jedi master with Finn. Finn as main character in new story in show or standalone movie with Rey as secondary. You can have Poe have his own arc as a politician. I think Rey stories could work fine. Have it be re-building of the jedi order.

20. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    If nothing else... I think the ST showed us that mix of new and old didn't really work... and as much as I don't like the sequels, I have no desire to see those characters treated in the same way as Luke, Leia and Han. They need to kind of respect them and just move on (IMO).

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I agree with that i just see them being apart if the next saga movies.

22. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    I think a story where the Jedi students who survived, who basically have gone off into the galaxy thinking that Luke is dead, or that the dream is dead, could be interesting. If it's done in a way that's different from the Ahsoka era where she doesn't want to be a Jedi anymore. Or in the Kenobi-era where the Jedi are being hunted down by the Sith, have given up their sabers and are hiding.

I wouldn't want 12 Jedi in exile stories. But something where this group, whether together or separated, is still doing good things, there's just no Order to it might be cool.

Maybe Rey, or Finn, or whomever travels the galaxy looking for the Lost 20, the lost student survivors of Luke's academy, to convince them to join her and re-establishing the academy. Maybe she finds some rather easily. Maybe one or two are dead. Maybe one doesn't want to be found or isn't inspired by this Rey person, and only talks to "Luke", even though Luke doesn't talk back.

If there's a new trilogy though, I really think we need to get away from the single "last Jedi" protagonist story line. It can't just be about Rey, or Rey being mentor to one new Jedi hopeful. Or a redemption story. The story needs to go somewhere new.

23. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I think having Rey and Finn find Luke’s surviving students would also take some pressure off Rey for just doing what Luke was supposed to do - I still think that if you had to sell new Rey stories, “Rey the Champion Jedi because she’s actually pretty bad at teaching” would make an easier, more unique sell than “Rey the Jedi Master doing that think we all wanted Luke to do instead.”

24. DarkGingerJedi

Nov 21, 2012
    It also gets back to Rey's original starting point "you're just a scavenger girl", and makes that something important. In the same way that Anakin was into machines, foreshadowed him becoming one. She really becomes her own being. She finds the scraps of Luke's academy and helps rebuild them into something new. Instead of making something from scratch...doing what Luke was supposed to do...which really isn't Rey.

And a story where she finds and convinces these old washed up knights to resume their dream could be intriguing.

25. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002