main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Serena's Art - Update 4/12 - How to Train Your Dragon digital arts and digital art Self-portrait

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JediXManSerenaKenobi, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Noctis

Darth_Noctis Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2010
    You have phenomenal talent, these pictures are outstanding. Amazing work.

2. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    Darth_Noctis: Thank you so much! :)

OK, I've finished the Neytiri piece, but before that, I'd like to show you guys a sketch I did today. It's based on a fic I'm writing. I posted the first chapter here, but I've really only added chapters on FF.net. It's called "Brown Eyes", and it's a VERY AU Vader/Padme. If you'd like to read, here's the link: Brown Eyes

A Breath Away
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/018/7/4/A_Breath_Away_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Neytiri - Rain FINISHED
    [image=http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/014/8/4/Neytiri___Rain_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Questions? Comments? Thoughts?

- Serena

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love the avatar Neytiri and Padmé and Darth Vader

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I like "A breath away".

The sweetness of it, the love...

:_|@};-[face_love]

5. Black-Dog

Black-Dog Jedi Knight star 4

May 27, 2008
    I finally got to see Avatar last week. Your work on Neytiri, plus Anakin & Padmé is astonishing to say the least. :)

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Glad to see another Avatar fan!

With that said, I'm really enjoying all of your Avatar pieces! The graphite ones are amazing, but that last one done in Painter - WOW! Nicely done! I would love to see more in the same style and medium! :)

7. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    Wow wow wow wow wow! [face_hypnotized]

Your work is awesome!!! I especially love the way you draw Anakin/Padme' and Han/Leia. The cartoonish ones are really cool, too. The one with Obi-Wan and Asajj just about killed me! [face_laugh] (I hope you were the one who did that one...I've been trying to catch up and post comments)

8. Blue_but_beautiful

Blue_but_beautiful Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2006
    Wow, some beautiful work there, I especially like the atmosphere in the Neytiri portrait, you captured her features beautifully :D
    The Padme/Vader piece is wonderful, really touching.

9. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Thank you guys so much! [face_love] I'm so thrilled you liked the last two piccys. To Cara_Undercover_Jedi: Yes, I did do the Asajj/Obi-Wan drawing (and fic). :) You guys are the best!!

I don't know what happened here, but I've been trying to get a good skin tone and texture for a while, and all of a sudden I was experimenting with Photoshop and it came out pretty well for a first digital portrait, I thought. I was working from a photo reference.

Here's Emmy Rossum:

[image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/061/1/4/I_Belong_to_the_Night_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Thoughts? Questions? Comments?

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely picture and great colours

11. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    =D= The lighting on that piece is fabulous, and I love the expression that you captured on her face.

12. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Wow, Serena, just looked through all your artwork and it's just fabulous! =D= [face_dancing] My very favorites would have to be the two drawings of Han and Leia. [face_love] You've got some amazing talent- keep up the great work!![:D]@};-

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yes, I agree! Very well done!

You seem to be coming along quite well with the digital media. Each new painting you do is a step up from the last! Keep up the wonderful work! :)

14. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    Beautiful work! I love how you captured the tone and lighting.

I also enjoy your artworks based on Avatar. Just gorgeous.

15. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Earlybird: Thank you!

Mac: Thanks so much!

Dancing_star: Thank you! :) I love Han and Leia - I had so much fun with those drawings.

Steph: Thank you! I'm working in digital media pretty much all the time now... occasionally I'll do a few sketches in my notebook, but I'm really trying to use digital media more.

Corellian_Outrider: Did I ever say how much I love your penname? :) And thank you so much!

OK, here's a portrait of Natalie that I just finished. I saw the photo and was like - OK, I am SO painting that. [face_grin]

[b]Natalie Portman[/b]
    [image=http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/067/2/3/Natalie_Portman_portrait_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Let me know what you think!

- Serena

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And she is lifelike and stunning=D==D=

17. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    She definitely looks striking! The monochrome and the contrast really heightens her features. There is something about her eyes that captures your attention.

Thank you too :). I didn't know you love my penname. It has a dual meaning for me: It is like a scout or ranger and the other is of a ship.

18. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    You have a fantastic stlye.

@};-

19. JediXManSerenaKenobi

Jul 27, 2007
    Hey, guys! Wow, it's been a while. I'm really busy with college, but for my graphic art class, I've been doing a few different things.

I don't know if any of you have seen "How to Train Your Dragon", but I HIGHLY recommend it if you haven't. It's so adorable! So, I have a couple pieces done in PS from that, then a PS and Painter sketch of yours truly.

Hope everyone's doing well! I need to catch up with everyone, here...

How to Train Your Dragon - "Toothless and Hiccup"
    [image=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/089/c/e/Toothless_and_Hiccup_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

How to Train Your Dragon - "How to Trust Your Human"
    [image=http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/097/0/7/How_to_Trust_Your_Human_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

Yours Truly
    [image=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/101/3/0/Just_An_Artiste_by_Serena_Kenobi.jpg]

OK, that's all for now, folks. Questions? Comments? Thoughts?

- Serena

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice new works and your self portrait is beautiful.

Dragons?:) Doing dragons too and I have seen more dragons here.

21. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Those are really great! I love the 'Dragon' pieces and the simplicity of the self-portrait really works well.

Nicely done! :)

22. Corellian_Outrider

Mar 9, 2002
    Awwww! I love that movie. You making me want to see it again. Toothless looks wonderful. Love the pose, emotion and lighting coming through on the two of them.

I also love your self portrait, I think it turned out beautifully.

23. HelloKelly

HelloKelly Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2009
    D'aaaawwwwww. I loved the how to train your dragon ones! The movie was spectacular!

I really like your work a lot. Keep it up!

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    "Yours Truly" is so dream like, making me think about certain DESPERATE ROMANTICS (= a BBC six-part drama following the Pre-Raphaelite brotherhood).

The most funny is "How to train your human", a question that every cat has at least one time per day.

25. paltonae356

paltonae356 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    Very nice! Love the self portrait! [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.