main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Serial. Listen to it.

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I did enjoy that more than the regular episode, although the regular was more interesting than usual. I really don't know what to think of him.

Anyway, here is a video relevant to the episode today. It was linked in the Serial
    Website.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-before-capture-taliban-video?CMP=embed_video

After that and what the consultant guy was saying....you can't help but feel sorry for the foot soldiers. They're completely let down by their superiors.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yeah after today's episode i feel like bowe's a socially inept idiot but not a traitor. he should be mental health sectioned, if anything

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Someone who watches this program should please inform me if this woman is worthy of being declared a Lion of His Excellency The President for her work on the Bergdahl incident.

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I just listened to the most recent episode and
    it certainly seems that way as he was kicked out the Coast Guard training program because of psyche issues.

5. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I think his story was made up after the fact to cover his actions as best he could but at the same time agree that what he was trying to cover should not be considered treason.

6. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    yepppppp this episode has driven home my earlier suspicion that bowe is "one of those guys" that i can't help but feel everyone knows one or two of. poor social skills. superficially percieved as "smart" by others. obsession with the military and violence. they always wind up joining or trying to join, and in my experience usually wash out at some point

the hiding weapons around his workplace thing was the clincher

7. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    "Watches this programme"?

Wocky are you aware conceptually of the "pod cast"?

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Dear JC,

If I ever go down for murder, please make an extremely popular podcast for me.

If it happens, shivs for all!

Sarge, Juliet316 and Rylo Ken like this.
  10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm not sure either side would get a fair trial, in the sense that it's been like 20 years since the original trial has taken place and witnesses' accounts of the event might have change of could not be remembered. However, based on the Serial podcast, there did not seem to be enough physical or circumstantial evidence to convict Adnan. IIRC, one of the jurors that was interviewed in the podcast said that the conviction solely lied in the hands of the Jay's testimony.

Not knowing the Adnan's trial lawyers track record, I'd give Adnan a better than 70 percent chase of getting acquitted based on reasonable doubt.

I'm sure the retrial will get more that it's fair share of media coverage once it begins. And I'm sure it will be made into a movie, a TV movie at the very least. I'm sure FX wouldn't mind making Adnan's case into a mini series like OJ.

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Please, just let this kid go free. He's served closing in on two decades for a crime he may or may not have committed when he was just a little boy.

Lord Vivec and Rogue_Ten like this.
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been a decision on Adnan's appeal yet. Perhaps something this year.

Being as popular as this podcast was, it was only a matter of time when the obsession with true crime stories would be turned into a film.

Are You Sleeping’ Drama Starring Octavia Spencer In Works At Apple With Reese Witherspoon & Peter Chernin Producing
    I thought the TV show The Oreville already covered this. :p

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  14. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    The lame chicken wings of justice not suited for speedy flight

Diggy likes this.
  15. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    When is season 3

16. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    When His Excellency returns so she can bring him more honor.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What the **** is an excellency

18. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    someone whose title is "s/he who is execellent." I use it a lot. My job function is being excellent, so naturally I use "His Excellency" on name tags at conferences.

19. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Barack Hussein Obama, last ruler of the free world.

21. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
  22. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Well, going by the Serial podcast and not being a member of the jury or in the courtroom when the trial was going on, and going by the requirements for a conviction, I'm surprised the jury found Adnan guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt." I mean, the podcast provided enough reasonable doubt for everyone listening. But the key witness, Adana's friend(?) provided the proverbial smoking gun.

23. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    I'd say for sure his trial lawyer was incompetent.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I don't think he did it.

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I don’t know if he did or did not, but it certainly didn’t go down the way the prosecution said it did.

Convicted really blew the case open, but they were so bias at the start it’s hard to get over it.

@Lord Vivec do you think Jay did it, or was that more police subterfuge?

Last edited: May 17, 2018