main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Series 2 Cards

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by VideoPrince, Jan 20, 2013.

1. 72Princess1

72Princess1 President - NR star 4

Feb 27, 2015
    I'll scroll through and see what I can find

2. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Well we do have a meeting this sunday. So lets bring it up for a discussion. also my thoughts is why cant people just decide what kind of picture they want for there card? If they want half shot to show off the makeup or specific part of costume they worked on then that should be fine, and if someone wants full length to show off the entire costume then why cant they have that? basically if its there cards and there paying for it, they should be able to pick how they want it to look. well outside of the template for specific series that is

Wild Sidewalker likes this.
  3. Doubleblade86

Doubleblade86 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 29, 2009
    Agree with the Wookie I do.

4. 72Princess1

Feb 27, 2015
    Me too

5. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I talked to Bob Hubbard and he is willing to do photo shoots again if anyone wants to get some done. Just need to make an appointment with him once gets a little bit warmer outside. He is on Facebook or pm for his contact info

6. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Shall we set a deadline for when photos need to get to Jon for processing into the template as well as the text for the new back? Also, are we going to go with the QR code?

7. 72Princess1

Feb 27, 2015
    JON will be updating this thread, he will update what it is he requires from members in order to be able to put the cards together for printing (members will be responsible for their own printing) - this will include a timeline/deadline for photo, what kind of photo he needs, and what text he needs for the back of the card as well as the QR code info.

As discussed at the meeting: Members have the option of including a QR code, this will be member option- if you desire, please contact WEBMASTER Ken S to update your on line profile, The QR code will be a link to your profile on the website as to reduce the need for text on the back of the card. Also optional, members can determine if they prefer a full body photo or 3/4.

Photographers are available for HIGH RESOLUTION photos: Jon has volunteered, Steve L will inquire with Bob Hubbard about photos and update here, Bobby, are you available to help with photos?

8. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I already updated princess :p

9. 72Princess1

Feb 27, 2015
    You ROCK!!

10. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    nWo CARD IS COMING!

WookieeJedi likes this.
  11. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    I haven't looked over my schedule just yet, but I'll post deadline information soon. In the meantime, it was decided at the last meeting to stay with the current style of trading cards. The numbers will pick up from where we left off on the last run and it will be a first come/first served basis. I would like to come up with some more designs for future runs, but at this point, that is too much to do in just a couple months. After July, I'll start concept designs and bring them to the group.

I have photos for Nick (Endor Trooper) and am expecting photos taken this past weekend from Peter Sr. (Jedi).

Please provide character names with your photos for the front of the card. A much shorter bio/information for the back of the card so I can increase the font to something that doesn't require a microscope... I will speak with Larry about the QR Code for the back as I have not done those before.

Other than that, the earlier you can get information to me, the more time we have to proof them and make adjustments prior to sending to print.

12. SenseiWill

SenseiWill Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2014
    Just e-mailed Ken about getting a member profile on the website...figure I should get that done before getting the card so it can be linked up to it!

13. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    Are we going to have the QR code link to our member profiles on TheNorthRidge.com? I thought the QR code would link to a character description for the costume depicted on the card; thus, one would need a costume, then a pic of one in that costume, a write up of the character portrayed, and THEN a card which would include the QR code linking it to the write up for the character depicted on the card.

I would think that the write up would include the member name and the member name could be hyperlinked to the member profile page

14. SenseiWill

SenseiWill Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2014
    Is there a certain photographer in the group we should be contacting?

15. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    You could work with Jon Duffie or Bob Hubbard

SenseiWill likes this.
  16. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I'm looking to get my Dooku photos done this weekend or next

17. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Bump......time is starting to run out

18. Wild Sidewalker

Sep 5, 2012
    There's a deadline set for this? Or do you mean only so much time to get this done to have it ready in time for SWN?

19. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    My Dooku pics are done and will forward them to Jon ...I'm guessing there is still enough time to get these back to us and order cards before SWN since have not seen anything about a deadline yet from Jon.

20. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Just a heads up to people who are wondering about time frame. I ordered and got my new Chewie cards delivered in about a week. So there is still time to get cards done and ordered but not much.

21. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Bump..... Hopefully Jon will get enough time from work and family to get these done in time or maybe kyle or Bob Hubbard can help out with jons templates ? Just a thought

22. 72Princess1

Feb 27, 2015
    Jon?? Are you still able to help with this project?

23. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    Talked to Jon about this at meeting. He is to busy but is sending the templates for cards to kyle who said he can help finish the cards for people

24. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    if anyone else wants cards either email me your pictures and info or I can send you kyle's email so you can send to him directly

BobbyFromBUF and Wild Sidewalker like this.
  25. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    Now that I have my Mando done, and I was able to get some good photos at CCF. Do you think I am too late to try to order a set of cards for July 18? I bet Kevin would get in on it as well.