main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Serious grievance with Lucas

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Pat-bk-Fitzsimons, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pat-bk-Fitzsimons

Pat-bk-Fitzsimons Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2002

I have a serious grievance with one of Mr Lucas?s companies and have written to the Lucas film address 7 time sin the last 9 months and no replies.

Is there any other way to contact people within Lucas film without writing to said address?

If anyone knows how I can contact Lucas film without the need for legal action for a reply. I would be grateful. If I don?t I will have to take legal action and make the whole matter public.

All of this is destroying my love for star wars and frankly a company like Lucas should have a system in place for complaint. It saddens me that people like Mr Lucas don?t feel the need to answer such grievances

If anyone can help, drop me an email please. badkarma.dragonfar@ntlworld.com

Before you say it, I am not son crackpot and this is a genuine problem, and if not resolved, I will be making it public.

2. yodaman

yodaman Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 26, 1999
    What, do you want Lucas's home phone number or something?

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Are they in the phone book?

4. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    No one from outside GL's hidden fortress called Skywalker Ranch can contact him. He's become completely isolated from the populace.

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    PLEASE tell me this doesn't have anything to do with not liking Jar Jar Binks. ;)

EDIT: I misread the initial message, never mind.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Super_Nation_Jock

Super_Nation_Jock Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2002
    Send the letter by certified mail to
    Gordon Radley,
    President of Lucasfilm,
    Box 2009, San Rafael, CA 94912

I am sure it will generate a response.

It is very unlikely Lucas himself will get directly involved in the matter. He has a huge staff to deal with the thousands of pieces of mail of every kind which comes to Skywalker Ranch daily. It's just not possible for the owner of such a famous and busy company to deal with every single thing that comes up. It's physically impossible.

He's not any more insulated than any other celebrity or powerful, successful person.
    He's been called a hermit, but I think the people doing that understand what a hermit is...you couldn't be a hermit and be a film director, the owner of 4 big companies, a charitable educational foundation and all the other stuff he does. I saw a picture of him a couple of years ago at the Telluride film festival standing on a street corner chatting with people in a friendly way. That's not a hermit. Now Stanley Kubrick, HE WAS A HERMIT!!!

Skywalker Ranch, a hidden fortress?
    Come on! It's a bunch of Victorian houses.

7. shocktrooper

shocktrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2002
    I'd give you his Mobile number but he made me promise.

Are you sure your just not some stalker?

8. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    SKYWALKER RANCH......there is an exit for it on the freeway. With a BIG sign and everything!!!
    Thousands and thousands of pieces of mail, phone calls, e-mails...etc. Perhaps, and I don't want to offend you, Lucasfilm (one word) doesn't think your problem is as big as you think it is. They also have an ARMY of some of the best lawyers in the world. I would not recommend legal action unless you have a personal fortune you want to give to the lawyer you retain.

Just my opinion.

9. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Let me guess, you have a problem with LucasArts, no?

You're stuck in Maniac Mansion and can't get an answer via the tip line.

Let me help. If you're stuck in the basement, remember that if you have 2 characters, one can push a secret button near a window and open the door to exit the dungeon. Remember, you need 2 characters, and only one can get out at a time.

Hope this helps.

10. JediMasterEllic_Kier

JediMasterEllic_Kier Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2002
    augusto that is DA*N funny. I hate those tip line operators. They do it on purpose. They know why you are calling, and they stand over the phone and taunt you.

BASTAGES!!

11. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    Skywalker Ranch, a hidden fortress?
    Come on! It's a bunch of Victorian houses

I was just joking. Actually, I was creating a little bit of an homage to the ANH novel prologue 8-}

12. Super_Nation_Jock

Super_Nation_Jock Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2002

NOW I get it! ;)

Surrounded by the bootlickers
    a la Palpatine, eh?

13. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well if this was a serious grievance any decent lawyer wouold surely know how to get in contact with the appropiate company or representatives. If your grievance is with another company, not Lucasfilm, then why don't contact the company in question (most Lucas companies have legal dept.). Sending a letter to the wrong place might just delay things or getting thrown away. Did you seriously directed it to Lucas? At least get the name of the reppresentative of the company, or get your lawyer to do it. Get serious, probably Lucas is not aware of your grievance and probably all his mail is screened first. If you just typed a letter the screener might have thought it was a crackpot (even if it is a valid complaint). Having a lawyer doesn't mean taking legal actions it'll just make your life easier (at least in theory ;-).

14. augusto

augusto Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    Did my game tip help you, or are you still trying to get through the Lucasarts tip line?

I don't think you should sue because you can't finish them game. Be entertaining to watch tough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.