main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Lit Sernpidal's mayor (spoilers)?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Ludicrous, Oct 11, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Ludicrous

Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 25, 2000
    This is totally crazy and way out there, but I got this idea that Serpindal's mayor was a retired Boba Fett. He had already made his peace with Han, and he was a lawman anyway. So what if, he decides to leave retirement and don the armor once again, but this time to battle the new menace to the galaxy. And what if he saved Chewbacca, therefore gaining his life debt?
    Crazy... but impossible?
    I don't know.

2. Teke Daggerscout

Teke Daggerscout Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 1999
    LOL! Got a lot of time on your hands, do ya DL? Impossible... i dont think anything is impossible. Highly unlikely? Quite. Still, speculateing is half the fun.

Teke

3. Senator Turpentine

Senator Turpentine Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 1999
    I doubt it but that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to see it be true. I would

4. Grand Moff Jerjerrod

Grand Moff Jerjerrod Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 1999
    Thank you as I will not be able to sleep tonight. I don't think so keeping in mind the story of BF in Tales of the bounty Hunters, but stranger things have happened.

GMJ

5. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    I saw that scene in the Tales of Bounty Hunters as the end to their fued.

6. Wedge

Wedge Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 1998
    I'd like to think it's true, DL, but as far as I am concerned, offing Chewie for the sake of showing a well-known character dying is pretty lousy, to me. Yes it was dramatic, but why him?

It is an interesting idea, however, that the mayor be Fett. I'm a little surprised we don't ever find out his true identity...then again, I still have about 90 pages to go..

7. Opie Wan Cannoli

Opie Wan Cannoli Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 1999
    Someone else posted in another thread that he was Captain Panaka. Personally, he reminded me of (old) Obi-Wan.

8. Tia Slade

Tia Slade Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 1999
    I am really surprised that we don't find out who the Mayor was. Who knows maybe we'll find out in a future novel. But speculating is half the fun. I wished he would have given a better desciption of him.

9. Ton Phanan

Ton Phanan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    He certainly acted like he used to be someone important; I'll bet we find out who he is sooner or later.

10. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    DL, you stole my thunder, dang it. Oh well. I was wonderin who that might have been as well. I figured that he was someone who might have been a major player in the SW universe at some point, what with his knowledge and stature. Just didn't know who. And if it was Fett without armor on, that would explain his ability to come back from the dead once again. I did like the line though that Han and anakin were thinking. Where it was a pointless yet honorable and brave deed.

11. Mara Solo

Mara Solo Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 1999
    An ex-Imp, perhaps? When I saw Fett mentioned I thought Baron Fel but threw that idea out. That's a cute little mystery I hope will be resolved ASAP!

12. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    I personally think the mayor really is a of little concern. I think he was just mentioned to add a humn perspective to Sernipendal while Han, Chewie, and Anakin were there. Besides he jumped down a hole with a monster at one end and a termail detenator on the other. I really is it hard for him to survive, but as everyone has pointed out Boba Fett survived the Sarlacc, so who knows. Maybe one day we will find out.

13. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Since Boba Fett escaped his intended death at the bottom of a pit with a monster in it, it would be ironically fitting for him to choose to die at the bottom of a pit with a monster in it.

14. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    His calm, somewhat careless attitude reminds me of the ruler of the universe in Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series.

15. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Boba Fett?? He sounded more like a Jedi to me somehow.

16. Genre Fad

Genre Fad Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 1999
    I thought it was Jan Dodonna.

17. rogue9

rogue9 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 1999
    Han would have recognized Dodonna -- Boba Fett all the Way! good pick DL

18. KnghtHammr

KnghtHammr Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 1999
    Boba Fett is the most ruthless bounty hunter in the entire galaxy with no care for galactic life but rather the amount of credits in his account.

The mayor went down that hole with a thermal detonator to make sure that no one else would have to face the destruction of the monster who brings down Sernpidal's moon.

Doesn't sound like the heartless Fett we've learned to admire, respect and love.

I hate to be unrealistic, but I have to believe that somehow Chewie will be back. If I could say otherwise then I wouldn't be the most loyal fan that I am.

Regardless, the galaxy is all upside down and after reading VP I have a very unsettling feeling in my stomach.....Give me the next book!! :)

---Knight Hammer

19. Leggo My Eggo

Leggo My Eggo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 1998
    I don't know....I think, for some reason, that the "mayor" may be some kind of superbeing sentinel, or watchman.....I wouldn't be suprised if he turned up again (he seemed to be too calm and knew a bit too much about everything)....for those of you Dragonlance fans, does this remind you of Fizban?

20. Darth Ludicrous

Jun 25, 2000
    Does Fizban remind any of you LotR fans of Gandalf the White?

21. Nachenso

Nachenso Jedi Youngling

Oct 13, 1999
    Why couldn't the mayor just be some guy who decided to jump down a hole with a thermal detontator????? People always whine about ridiculousness in the SW books, then they want to see **** like this.

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 7

Oct 4, 1998
    I was thinking of Admiral Pellaeon. Did Han ever meet him?

23. Santee Ordrin

Santee Ordrin Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 9, 1998
    Hmm....

Fizban seems to have a recurring happening in Weiss & Hickman books. There was the forgetful "immortal" in the Deathgate Cycle. And there was one in the Rose of the Prophet trilogy. Terry Brooks had someone similar with Allanon in His Shannara series. And yes DL Gandalf the Grey seems to be the standard by which everyone else follows.

24. Ayden Pride

Ayden Pride Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 1999
    Ok all facts that lead me to believe that the mayor was in fact Mr. Fett. Unbelievably calm during the landspeeder ride with Anakin with the walls of a canyon falling down around him (anakin actually uses the force and says that he was truley calm). Next just happens to have a thermal detonator on him? Not something a mayor of a planet would just have on him just for kicks (sounds like old habits are hard to break for Fett). In the middle of nowhere on the outer rim the mayor knows about interdictors and seems to have a knowledge about other things imperial (granted he said he did not live all his life on that planet). And Han called this man old so he was at least 20 or so years older than him and that is about right for Fetts age. This man was not albino like the natives. Carried with him a pack (whether or not that means backpack or not I am not totally sure). I will think of more things that lead me to believe that Fett is the mayor and that he would surely have his ship on planet.

25. Ton Phanan

Ton Phanan Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 12, 1999
    But why on Earth would Fett want to become a mayor on some Outer Rim backwards planet? It doesn't make sense to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.