main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Serra Keto - inheritor of the Krath?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Onderon1, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

I stumbled across this interesting tidbit on the Wook tonight: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sebban_Keto

What I found intriguing was the line, He was also possibly a relative of Jedi Master Cin Drallig's Padawan Serra Keto.

Now, while Vader was in the middle of killing any Jedi he could catch during Operation: Knightfall (and the ROTS video game duels aren't canon, AFA I can tell), is it possible the Sith were wary of a potential heiress to the Krath? Might Serra have been a higher-priority target during the attack on the Temple than we think?[face_thinking]

2. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Ehhhh. Note that the part about Sebban and Serra being possibly related was added by an anonymous user back in 2005. With WotC's Star Wars stuff stricken from the net, it's hard to tell what the Byss and the Deep Core article said about Sebban. But I'm betting it's just speculation. (Anyone have a copy of BatDC to check?)

EDIT: Their first names are similar enough, though, that the implication of them being closely related could be intended. We would have to ask Dan Wallace or Rodney Thompson to know for sure...

3. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    This is what Byss and the Deep Core has to say:

4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Not likely-Serra Kato is a jedi through and through, if hot headed.

Besides, this is thousands of years later, there are likely millions of heirs to former Krath families, and the blood of any of them would be diluted to the point one wouldn't really have much more of a claim than the other.

Finally, the Krath were Sith wannabes, and ultimately cannon fodder, nothing the Sith need to be weary of.

5. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008

(nods) Could be nothing more than coincidence, or she's simply a very distant cousin.

6. Abalore

Abalore Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 19, 2001
    I think this is the problem. Don't put too much trust in Wookieepedia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.