main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Setting the Matter Straight (J/J, humor, fluff)- **IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT 7/31**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jaina_Fel_06, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina_Fel_06

Jaina_Fel_06 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2002
    This is a sequel to my viggie, Until Death Do Us Part. IF you haven't already read that, I suggest you do, because then everything will make more sense. ;) It's set directly after Dark Journey and incorporates a few of Elaine Cunningham's lines. Well, here goes!

Oh, and this is George's playground. ;)

This, by the way, is dedicated to the Lt. She gave me the idea and helped me think of the title. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Chapter One

After the battle, Shawnkyr took me aside and warned me that in implying that I¡¦d honor you as a commander, I was putting my pilots in the service of Hapes¡¦ future queen. That I was taking sides in the coming coup.

Jaina Solo rolled over and pounded a fist into her pillow. Stop! She screamed mentally at herself. But it was to no avail.

Congratulations, Lieutenant. Or would ¡¥Your Majesty¡¦ be more appropriate?

Jaina clutched her head in a futile effort to stop the scene from replaying in her mind.

I was stopped on my way to find and warn Tenel Ka. You¡¦re of legal age and don¡¦t require your parents¡¦ permission. If you wish to marry Isolder, no one can stop you. Logically speaking, what would this obstacle be but Queen Mother Teneniel Djo?

She sat up, breathing hard.

If you wish to marry Isolder, no one can stop you.

The words echoed and reechoed in her mind. Before, she had been too caught up in rescuing first Jag then Teneniel Djo to pay much heed to his words. Since then, however, she had had ample time to think and contemplate what Jag had said.

If you wish to marry Isolder¡K

She flung herself out of bed and began pacing her small room. What did he mean? Did he really think I¡¦d want to marry Isolder, my friend¡¦s father? She stopped pacing. Am I really that low in his estimation?

She cursed aloud angrily. ¡§Why should I care what he thinks?¡¨ She accosted the room at large.

She resumed pacing, fragments of previous conversations with Jag ricocheting in her mind.

The rank you were born in suits you very well. Anything more would be redundant.

Why did he warn me off like that? And then accuse me of wanting to marry Isolder, for Force¡¦s sake? Surely a Hapan prince is far above the son of a Corellian baron in the social ladder¡K

Congratulations, Lieutenant. Or would ¡¥Your Majesty¡¦ be more appropriate?

I cannot believe that Jag would think I would marry Isolder! Jaina seethed. Just goes to show how much he knows! She paused. ¡§How could he?!!¡¨ She yelled aloud.

The queen¡¦s retainers were of the impression that you were another Ta¡¦a Chume, an ambitious woman who would gladly seize this opportunity.

Okay, I admit it. His opinion means a lot to me, and it hurts, oh, how it hurts when he could believe that I would marry the father of one of my best friends just to get ahead in life! Another Ta¡¦a Chume? That woman is an evil, grasping schemer, and Jag believes that I¡¦m exactly like her??

Finally, Jaina couldn¡¦t take it anymore. Throwing on a loose robe, she slammed out of her quarters and down the hallway, seeking a certain Imperial colonel to set him straight on a few matters.
    Well, tell me what you think! :D

2. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    fun!!! i look fwd to more of this jf06!

3. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    where is everyone????

4. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Thanks for reading, jj00... You get some chocolate! :) :)

And I don't know where everyone is... :( :(

5. JainaJag00

Aug 11, 2002
    *eats chocolate* thanx, jf06!

6. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Do I get chocolate, too?

7. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    awesome postie! i came up with the title! :D

8. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    excellante postie, JF06! i love it! :D

9. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    jj00: You're welcome! :)

Jade: Why yes you do! :D

*hands over (albeit reluctantly) a box of chocolate... * :p

Lt.: Yes you did, for which I am eternally grateful... :D

j_g: Thanks! Glad you liked! :)

10. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
  11. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Cool! Want more!

~Rogue

12. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    This is really good, nice to see that Jaina isn't always supremly confident, this is great plz write more!

13. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    I liked Jaina's internal struggle, you got inside her head really well.

More will be up soon *grins* pleaseeeeeeeee...

nina

14. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Lt.: :p

Rogue: Thanks! :)

Hananiah: Awww... [face_blush] Thanks so much! [face_blush] Glad you like!

Jjf: You enjoyed, then? Good. :D And more will be coming soon... I hope... :p

Another post is coming, but I have been busy writing for my other story. (New post up, for those of you that read ROTR. :p ) I will try to have something up here soon, though! Thanks for reviewing! :)

15. Rose_Skywalker

Rose_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2002

Yeah! new story! I like so far, more peeeeesssss!

~*Rose*~

16. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Thanks, Rose! Glad you liked!

More soon, I promise... :)

17. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    AWWW! Great post JF06! Jaina's so funny. She's completely in love and doesnt even know it. ;)

18. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    JSF13: Thanks! Glad you liked! And I agree... it's so much fun torturing them!! :D :D :p

The next post is done-- just hafta refine it now... :)

19. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    ooooh! Does that mean we get a post today?

20. Jaina_Fel_06

Dec 17, 2002
    Reesie: Ooh! Yay! New reader!! :D :D And here it is, like I said... :)

Oh, btw, this story is plotless. Forgot to mention that in the first post... [face_blush] So, if you don't like plotless, angsty fluffkins, then this ain't the story for you. :p

Chapter Two

Jaina walked down the corridor, her robe flapping behind her. Reaching Jag?s room, she knocked on the door. ?Jag?? When there was no response, she pounded harder. ?Jag! I know you?re in there!? When she still received no answer, she became impatient and used the Force to physically slide the door open. ?Ja?? She stopped suddenly. Jag was lying on his bed, the sheet and blanket on the floor, dressed in nothing but black boxers. Fire shot through her entire body, and her stomach flipped. She gulped, her throat suddenly dry as her eyes quickly swept up his sculpted back muscles and came to rest on his handsome face. Kriff? He?s so amazingly hot? Jaina licked her lips, walking over to him and tentatively shaking his shoulder. ?Jag?? she said again, this time with none of her former animosity.

Jag?s eyes flickered open. ?Wha? Jaina?? He squinted as the harsh light from the corridor splashed across his bed. ?What are you doing in? SITH!!!?

He suddenly realized where he was and what he was wearing-- or not wearing, to be more exact. Scrabbling madly for the covers, a shirt, anything to protect his dignity, he lost his balance and fell to the floor with a thump. Flailing wildly, his hands finally found the blanket he was looking for and he wrapped it around himself. Oh kriff, I?ve never been so humiliated in my entire life! he thought, squeezing his eyes shut. Please let this be a nightmare? Please please please? Jaina Solo is not in my room, she did not just see me fall out of my bed? She DID NOT see me practically naked?

Jag was doing such a good job of convincing himself that he was scared witless when her voice sounded right above him.

Jaina was breathing hard. Jag is so incredibly sexy when he?s just been woken up? Suddenly, before her thoughts could continue any futher in that direction, something Jag had said ean through her head. The rank you were born in suits you very well. Anything more would be redundant. She took a shuddery breath. Why? Force, why does he have to hate me so much?? ?Jag, I have to talk to you.? She licked her lips.

Jag stood and slowly turned to sit on his bed, avoiding her gaze. ?What was so important that you couldn?t wait until morning to barge in on me?? he asked, his face red.

Jaina blushed as well. ?Ummm? well? I??

Jag sighed exasperatedly. ?Look. Either tell me why you?re here or let me go back to sleep. It?s been a long day and I?m exhausted.? His embarrassment at being caught in such a position was making his temper short.

Jaina?s face flushed even redder. ?I?m sorry. Sorry.? Now, the whole thing seemed silly. ?I don?t know why I burst in here. Sorry.? I?m not really sorry, she continued silently. I quite enjoyed the show, actually?

Jag?s eyes flicked across her body and just as quickly shot away, the heat in his face intensifying. Is it just me, or is it suddenly really hot in here? he thought, doing his best to avoid thinking about the fact that Jaina Solo didn?t wear very much to bed?

Jaina looked down to see the cause of his further embarrassment and felt like crawling into a very small hole. She grabbed for her robe which had come untied during their conversation and retied it tightly. Why, oh why is this happening to me?? she cried mentally, unaware of the fact that very similar sentiments were running through Jag?s head. ?I?ll? er, I?ll leave you alone now,? she stammered, turning and beating a hasty exit.

She slammed the door shut behind her with the Force and leaned her head back against it. I can?t believe that just happened. I can?t. I behaved so stupidly, I wouldn?t be surprised if he left for home tomorrow without even

21. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    that was good! that was so funny how Jag was shirtless "practically naked" and Jaina's robe was coming undone...i can't wait to see what else you do with this!

Jag shirtless= [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

22. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    [face_laugh] poor Jaina and Jag! i guess that would be pretty embarrassing! [face_laugh] excellent post! :D looking forward to the next one!

23. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Absolutely awesome!!

~Rogue

24. Reesie

Reesie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    *snickers* crazy kids

25. Trickster_Jaina_Fel

Trickster_Jaina_Fel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

oh man...that was one of the most hilarious things i've ever read [face_laugh] awesome job so far Fel

~TJF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.