main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Seven swell: The Eureka seveN general discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Darth_Omega, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Ok, so Mr. Omegatron convinced me to watch this show. So far, I've seen the first 10 episodes and I've enjoyed it. Oh who am I kidding, I'M HOOKED! :p

2. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    And so the word spreads.

You're a few episodes away from where things start really getting good too.

-P!-

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    [image=http://www.homerize.com/pictures//BurnsGP5.gif]

Excellent.

4. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Due to a lack of sleep, and general me weirdness, I now have it in my head that Mr. Burns looks like he could be Holland's grandfather. Dammit.

-P!-

5. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I have the 4th OP single :)

6. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    End of episode 31 = :eek:

Well, at least we now know what it is that Anemone is tearing through in the 4th opening.

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

7. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    We all do Omega, we all do. :p I have all ten vocal non insert songs for E7, nya. :p

Anyway, Coralian design is freaking odd. That was some nutty crap. I'm sorda hoping those designs are just small Coralians though. Or at least young ones. They look rather drone like, and I want to see something a bit more identifiable as a sentiant creature. Doesn't have to be bipedal, but something that looks as if it can question and think.

Also, Bandai's press release on E7 makes it seem as if it may end up on Cartoon Network at some point, which is good. They seem to be going all out with E7's American release. The show, the sountracks, the manga, the game. (The game's not confirmed, but they're releasing the manga for it and have "coming soon" under the game section of the site.) So this is all really good info. A monster of an E7 release is appreciated. I feel like this is to apologize for shody Zeta releases, wonky GitS releases, etc. :p

-P!-

8. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    At some point being now :p

I must say after seeing the first one on CN last night I can defiantly see what the hype has been about. I'm intrigued, thats for sure.

9. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I saw the first one on CN as well. Stayed up half the night just to see it. I'm glad I did.

Me being the impatient man I am, I went online and, uh, obtained the whole series, along with the entire soundtrack. I love the music from this series.

Only bad thing is, I waqs supposed to be studying for finals. Darn college, getting in the way of some fantastic anime. [face_frustrated]

10. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Episode 37 fansubbed is now available. :D

11. macevspalpy113

macevspalpy113 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Spolier warning:
    I couldn't resist watching a small part of the last episode and the ending was kinda Star Trek-ish with Renton and Eureka merging into one (aka The Motion Picture) and the supposition that they might be returning (aka Deep Space Nine). I know that I might not fully understand the premise of the episode, as i've only seen the first 11 episodes. Still, it was a magnificent(series,season?)finale.

12. one_armed_scissor_14

one_armed_scissor_14 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm new to this show, and I have a question: how is it more than a rehash of classic mecha shows?

13. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    I did look around and I think I found something that could answer your question.

Warning: Spoiler Warning! Why E7 stands out.

14. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, bear in mind many mecha are rehashes of other mecha. Zeta? Merge First, L-Gaim, and Dunbine. And you have Zeta. Evangelion? Giant robot, Ideon, Anno's four years on a couch, and his moments in the waiting room perusing some random book on the apocraphia.

What makes Eureka Seven more than a rehash? In some ways nothing, because every story for hundreds of years has been a rehash of another story. What makes Eureka Seven worth your time? Great fleshed out character arcs, good interraction, a general heartwarming feeling about it all, great animation, great writing and mecha designs, a good atmosphere, and so on.

Since this thread started I've seen the whole show fansubbed, and I must say it's now my third favorite anime behind Evangelion and Planetes. I'm a very hard man to please in that regard, even other anime I've loved greatly, FLCL, Gundam Seed, etc never felt quite right for a third place banner. But this show hits the spot. Everything I love out of an anime. In some ways it suffers from Bones' knack for seeming a bit stale or forced in even the best dramatic scenes (I got that feeling during RahXephon often enough.) yet the shows overall quality stands through.

Oh, for those watching the fansubs and sick of waiting for Nanashi to finish the show, PM me or IM me and I'll send you the subtitle files, a link to the raws, and quick instructions on how to get it to work.

Mac:Mac, I must disagree with how you read the ending. I don't think "two becoming one" meant a joining of conciousness, but rather reproduction. The final DVD cover supports this. It has two children who look younger than Renton or Eureka on it. The boy has Rentons hair color and Eureka's wings, while the girl has Eureka's hair color and no wings. The two are standing on the freed portion of the Earth, holding hands and surfboards, and looking up at the night sky and the ridge of the Scub Coral.

-P!-

15. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    Just reviving a dead thread... WARNING: SORTA-SPOILERLISH!

Episode 27, "Helter Skelter", premiered last night. Sub-Summery: Charles and Ray go Splinter Cell on the Gekko. Great episode, though it was unfortunate that Charles was killed off. Not the best way to go, either. Rating: 8.5/10

In other E7-related news, [adult swim] seems to be running the entire series without breaks. Now that is good news! =D=

And for now, I leave you with a gif of Charles getting pumped with bullets.
    [image=http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k219/TheL0st0ne/Eureka%207/CharlesthatsthelifeofaSOFmember.gif]

16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Ooh perfect timing to revive it since I finished the series two days ago. :)

17. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    What did you think of it? ^^

18. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Great stuff, second last episode is probably my favourite.

19. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    Normal Anemone is my favourite [face_love] :p

Are you ready to try more anime shows be something like me and Trell? :p ^^

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Sure, what's the best hentai? :)

21. Darth_Omega

May 19, 2002
    For classic tentacle... ah... you almost got me there :p

22. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    There's a rumor circulating around the [adult swim] forum that E7 is getting canceled. Normally, this sort of rumor would be blown off and life would go on. The fact that the rumor originated from Johnny Yong Bosch(Renton's Dub VA)on his Myspace blog, worries me. A poster on the [as] forum e-mailed him and Bosch stated that "someone in charge of the show told him". [face_plain]

Maybe I shouldn't have resurrected this thread... [face_worried]

23. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    my son started watching this show and taping it on the dvr. he bought some dvds of it. anyway, i am watching it, i still dont really get it, but i like the look of it. but we were sitting there watching the episode when they are reunited and there it hit me. not eur e ka. but eu re ka. i could not understand what eureka had to do with anything. i felt utterly dumb, at least for a moment.

24. macevspalpy113

Nov 6, 2004
    A moderator on the forums has confirmed that E7 is not being canceled! [face_dancing]

Don't feel bad. This series is extremely complex, you'll need to watch it a few times to really understand it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.