main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sexism policy

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ender Sai, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Stay on topic

2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    non se·qui·tur
    ˌnän ˈsekwədər/
    noun

1. a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I think I get it. "Attitude" equals "freedom"...

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    His last 3 posts

"Mod Edit: Not Appropriate KNOCK IT OFF."

"LOL ridiculous...
    All you politically correct folks are straight up liars...feigning like the world and you are perfect and without error...I know in your minds you say things that are politically incorrect but because of your thought police mentality all you do is promote fakeness...i keeps it real and don't apoligize to no one for it!
    but it's good to know that i can't even say someone is attractive in a modern fashion up in here...it's good to know i can't be myself...now i know who my real friends are and they're not on the jedi council forums!"

And the one above.

The phrase rhymes with Don't Bleed the Foal

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    "I keeps it real", without requisite irony?

Delicious.

6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    lol... people who actually "keep it real" do not feel the need to point it out.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Is there a thread on other aspects of diversity and privileges?

V-2 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  10. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Where are examples of issues on the boards that aren't now covered by the rules update?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

In SWC, there is a thread on diversity. That thread was started around the time the names of the cast were released.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Good lord, I haven't read this thread in ages and I just got caught up. I seem to have missed a whole ton of sexist offensive talk in here disguised as "discussion" with the focus of moderation being on a trivial flame/baiter who's drawing the attention away from the sexist stuff. I don't want to be overdramatic, but if MS can't see blatant sexism in their own thread on stopping sexism, then...good luck guys.

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Any news on this? Seriously, how long is it going to take to come up with a policy?

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Ramza has been away this week due to Darth Real Life. Hopefully things will start moving again as he is due back this weekend or Monday.

15. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    So, is he back yet?

It beggars belief that it has taken approximately 5 months for no policy to be made.

Someone made a 'joke' very early on in this thread that it would take 6 months for anything to happen.

Not so funny now.

Tick, tock...

-JR :)

16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    We do actually consider that hate speech clause we added to the rules to be a policy on the matter, but not the definitive or final thing we have to say. Which is mostly to address the notion that nothing has come of this discussion, at least one rule has.

Can more be done and should be done? Yes, and I can't make an excuse for why it hasn't been done save for the fact that I have personally been stretched very thin by my work commitments at the moment and consequently haven't been able to devote as much attention to trying to address the still-extant problem of sexism on our boards as I ought to. For that I can only apologize.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    FWIW, speaking for myself, I do appreciate the new hate speech clause and what appears to be majority support from the moderating team for an atmosphere in which women fans are made to feel as comfortable as men fans.

18. FSB

FSB Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2015
    Ramza Edit: What baffling thought process leads you to post in Comms with a sock while ban dodging?

19. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I'm torn here. Should I click the like button on the above post or not? On one hand, I literally busted out laughing at what Ramza edited in. On the other hand, the system would credit the like to the sock, not to Ramza. I really don't know what to do here.

:p

20. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think your post is sufficient.

TrakNar, PCCViking and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I feel like I missed something important.

22. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    The misogyny on these boards is getting worse, please keep an eye on it, also people taking the mickey out of misogyny is also very unhelpful. Calling women feminists for the fact of wanting positive female role models is beyond a joke and is very offensive.

23. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    It's equally unhelpful when some seem to take any male focus as a 'threat' to strong women.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Since when is that word an expletive?

By definition, a feminist is a person who wants equal rights for women.

25. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    eh? What I meant is that people are using the word feminist to bash people with. I know what feminism means. Its not my fault others are using it as a derogatory word or when someone is taking the mickey.