main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***SFF: Films/TV Trivia Contest!! ***Sign Ups Open!!!***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Oct 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Welcome to the SFF: Films/TV Trivia Contest!

2. RULES:

3. - This contest will run continually, alternating between a Movie portion and a Television portion. Once the Movie trivia contest is done, the Television trivia contest will begin as soon as the winners of the previous contest have their VIPship expire (approximately one week). Once that Television contest is done, the new Movie contest will begin as soon as the winners of the previous contest have their VIPship expire (approximately one week). And so on and so on. The title of this thread will be continually updated to tell you what stage the current contest is at so that you don't miss the sign-ups for the new contest.

- One of the biggest differences between this contest and any other regular trivia contest is that it's not going to be individually based. The SFF Trivia contest will be based off of a team effort. Each User, once they sign up, will randomly be placed into teams of 2. Once the sign ups are completed the teams will be posted in this thread. Once you have been randomly placed into your teams, each team will have 24 hours to get acquainted with each other and make a name for themselves that will be used to represent their team throughout the contest. If a team doesn't get their name request in after the 24 hour limit, a name will be selected for you. Once the teams, and their names, have been set, the contest will begin with the first question being posted.

- We will play a maximum of 15 questions. If more then one team answers the 15th question correctly, then every team remaining is declared the winner and given the appropriate rewards designated.

4. Questions:

5. - The questions for the contest will be varied and will focus on many different areas of Sci-Fi and Fantasy. As mentioned above, there will be two separate contests, one for Movies and one for Television. Each contest will be based solely off one movie and one television show. For instance, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire might be the featured movie for the entire portion of the Movie contest and X-Files might be the featured Television show for the entire portion of the Television contest.

-Jedi_Master_Conor has been designated as the game host for this trivia contest. Please note that if there is a controversial question that may contain multiple answers, he has the final say.

- Remember, the trivia questions will only be based on Movies or Television Shows only. If there is a question that revolves around an event that happened in the movie version and the book version of a certain topic, go with the movie version always! Remember, this is the Movies/TV Forum after all. :)

6. Contestants:

7. - There will be a maximum of sixteen contestants per game, which will be branched out into 8 different teams. To sign up please copy and paste the list found below into a post and add your username. Each team will have two days (48 hours) to answer each question. We will accept no answers once the two days has expired. The timing period begins when the question is posted. If all the teams answer before the 48 Hour period is up, Conor has the option of proceeding to the next question. So always keep an open eye on this thread so you don't miss a posted question.

- Only one person from your team will need to answer for your team. It's probably a good idea to designate a spokesperson to avoid confusion.

8. Answers:

9. Please answer each question by sending Jedi_Master_Conor a PM. When sending a PM, make sure to have the following subject line: "SFF Trivia Answer". DO NOT post answers or hints in this thread as this can get you, and possibly your team, eliminated from the game. If you are unclear as to

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Sign-ups are officially open!!! The movie will be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Sign-ups will last until Tuesday seeing as I didn't get this posted till today.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

Also once we have everyone signed up, or even now I would like a consensus on whether people would prefer the teams of 2 or just do the game with the individual users.

11. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    1) SithLordKobe
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

I'm kinda torn at the moment on individual or team play. On the one hand it helps the chances of winning it it's a team effort, on the other, if you don't like the person your teamed up with or if your fighting with that person outside of the JC at that moment in time, there's every chance that one of the team could conspire to cost the entire team to lose to spite the other person. Ultimately I do support team play, but there's still that element of what if.

Maybe the gameban should be brought back in games where it's team play, so that it's an equal incentive for both team members to play nice.

13. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Yay! Harry Potter! [face_dancing]

1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3) LilyHobbitJedi
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

And on this round I really wouldn't mind doing it as individuals, but I do like teams as well. Especially on topics that aren't as familiar with most people.

14. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Great idea! It's up to Conor, but that's a good idea. Though if everyone knows that, then they'll just vote to have the game individually played.

And Harry Potter! I wish I could join this one. I'd whoop all your butts. :p

15. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    eesh...who picked this category?

I was looking forward to this, but I'm out now.

16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I've caught this enough times on HBO

1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3) LilyHobbitJedi
    4) yodaminch
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

17. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    I've caught this enough times on HBO

1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3) LilyHobbitJedi
    4) yodaminch
    5) Lord_NoONE
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

Not particularly excited about the topic but whatever.

18. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    More people please! :D [face_praying]

19. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    You're preaching to the choir in this thread. :p

20. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Count me in! :D

1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3) LilyHobbitJedi
    4) yodaminch
    5) Lord_NoONE
    6) TNPredsFan
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

21. Dark_Faith

Dark_Faith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2004
    I'd like to join. Count me in as well!

22. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    1) SithLordKobe
    2) Juliet316
    3) LilyHobbitJedi
    4) yodaminch
    5) Lord_NoONE
    6) TNPredsFan
    7) Darth_Faith
    8)
    9)
    10)
    11)
    12)
    13)
    14)
    15)
    16)

23. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I vote for individuals and no teams. I also vote that this contest begin Monday regardless of how many contestants sign up. Thx.

:)

24. Dark_Faith

Jan 30, 2004
    I concur. No groups. :)

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    Alrighty, lets get this thing rolling! :)

The movie will be Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

This round will be played by the individual users!

Here are the contestants:

SithLordKobe
    Juliet316
    LilyHobbitJedi
    yodaminch
    Lord_NoONE
    TNPredsFan
    Darth_Faith

[b]Question 1

Which actor from the upcoming [i]Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls[/i] was considered for the role of Mad-Eye Moody?[/b]

[/color]

26. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
  27. Dark_Faith

Jan 30, 2004
    Oh, I didn't know you were supposed to post here after you sent your PM. Well I sent it about a few hours ago.

28. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    You don't have to post here...but I am a nerd so I do. :p

29. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    QFT. Most of the time contestants do post here after sending an answer and sometimes their posts are competitive. What's a game without a little competitive banter? :p

30. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I'm an idiot though. I was so eager to post in the thread that I messed up my answer and sent the wrong name in with my first PM. [face_dumb]

I did send in the correct answer with my second PM. :p

31. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
  32. Lord_NoONE

Dec 17, 2001
    I'm prepping for it. :p

33. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    I honestly don't know if we ban anymore for an incorrect answer. I may just choose to ban either way. [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.