main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto SFX 2007 Saturday Dinner

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Styrofoam_Guy, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Then I will soooooooo be there Tessa! It has been far too long and I look forward to seeing you! :D

2. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Info added to first post

3. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    I am curious is Lone Star Toronto the same prices as other Lone Star in meaning a tad on the high prices. I might be interested in attend either day but aside from possible financial issues I might be working/volunteering at the expo and do not know my hours yet. I do not want to tromple on any feet but would it be acceptable for me to create another thread for maybe people who for one reason or another cannot do either dinner and might just be up for a informal meetup afterwards for Tim Hortons or some fast food place?

4. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Another worry wart here - money and the fact there's very little for people like me to eat - I CAN eat seafood but not other meats,* and although many places offer 'vegetarian options', this doesn't look like one of them.

*Note, I'm not a militant 'vegan' - I do eat seafood as I said, and cheese and such, nor do I make comments when other people eat meat. In fact, last Christmas I prepared a nice roast piece of beef for dinner - it smelled SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good!

5. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Could you please add JadePadawan/Steph to that list? She is coming in out of town with me on the train for SFX, and I am not sure how often she makes it onto these boards but she seemed very intrest in attending this dinner after the con as well :)

6. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    SG, the Masquerade info I got from the site are as follow:

SATURDAY, AUGUST 25, 8PM - HALL G

Therefore a 19:30 hours would end up straight in it, which I guess is somewhat unavoidable.

This is why the breakfast are the best in events like these. I wish O.P. and LFL could have extended their help in organizing a Fan Club breakfast but life is life.

all in all Star Wars still rules over anything else so if there is something Star Wars going on Saturday night, count me in.

7. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I (plus my family makes 4) may be able to make it for the Saturday dinner as I only think we'll be helping to kick off the masquerade, not staying to watch.
    But, it's a big "may" as I have a feeling we may be opting for a quieter evening after going out the night before.

~Doc_Bev

8. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Oops my mistake. I will change the dinner to 6pm.

I am open to other options for dinner places but be aware the place has to be able to take reservations and maybe a fairly large crowd.

9. AKalel

AKalel Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2005
    Now I am going to ask again before I post is it okay if I post a non get together meetup for anyone who might not be up for a formal dinner but might be up for a meetup at a fast food place or somewhere like Tim Hortons? If I do not get a naye I will post something either late Sunday nite or Monday.

10. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    Okay... so the dinner is happening at 6pm?
    If you're planning on being in the masq it's still no good... depending on how early you have to be ready for the masq.

If it clashes with the masq prep, kitfist0 and I can't make it.

11. Sirene

Sirene Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 25, 2005
    I'll be there. Possibly with one more, possibly not.

12. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    With the masquerade starting at 8pm then a late dinner would be out of the question and an earlier dinner would be a bit too early.

Sorry for those who are entering the masquerade and do not think this will be enough time.

AKalel
    I have no problem with you posting about a get together for those who do not want to go to dinner

13. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I second SG on the Masquerade thing.

As much as it would pain me to miss it, Star Wars is only going to be 30 this year.

There will still be a masquerade next year.

In terms of pre-masquerade schedule, I'm guessing you'll have to be in the ready-room (new term we are starting to use for the masquerade green room) around 6:00 if not 5:00

So I'm sorry as well but this is one of these times where it's a choice between one or the other.

14. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Bump

More info added

15. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    You can make me a definite. I'm sorry to hear assetic won't be coming. :(

16. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    yeah and incase alot of people didn't read the details on the masquerade they are limiting the amount of people that can sign up this year. My stepfathers friends wife is working on the expo and she told me that they've limited it to 70 entrents. Also Alex you can count me in for the dinner. I may also have an extra guest coming along as well

17. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    You may as well put me down as a definate, If Jadepadawan is going then so am I :) We are travel buddies on saturday ;)

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    I really wanted to come and see everyone on Saturday but I have emergency server work to take care of all night long on Saturday. I received the news about 3 hours ago.

19. Styrofoam_Guy

Jul 28, 2003
    Reservation made for 15 people under my name (Alex Kung)
    We have to be there no later then 6:15pm
    There is an automatic 15% tip on the bill
    Bills are individual

Alex
    Styrofoam Guy

20. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't think my family and I will be able to make it.
    We're tied up until at least 8pm with 501st activities and by the time we're done with all that I think the younglings are going to be ready to hit the hay.

~Doc_Bev

21. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Hey, I for one had a great time at the FF dinner, thanks, Alex, for putting together and awesome event!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.