main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON SFX--The Aftermath

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by The_Last_Warrior, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

So I went to SFX today, and met a few people. Billy Dee Williams wasn't very nice to me, but he WAS nice to my girlfriend.......go figure.....

Nichelle Nicoles was there, Agent Spender (chris Owens), John Billingsley (Dr, Phlox), and two people from Buffy that I didn't care about.

Anyone else make it up? Get anything cool?

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    You lucky, lucky man...

So you actually met Billy Dee Williams? And he's a scoundrel? Go figure. :p

3. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    would you like some COLT45 with that. lol
    lucky dog, people would spend good money for billy dee, billy dee to treat them like trash... not me but I have heard these people do exist. lol

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    I met The Great One once, but I was a baby. Of course, being a baby, and being a European just here in Canada meeting my grandparents (they're the ones that recognized him when we saw the Oilers at the airport), I didn't know who the guy was and neither did my parents, so it wasn't too thrilling at the time. Meeting celebrities sure is cool though. :)

[image=http://at60.homestead.com/files/great1.jpg]

There's my showing off for the day. ;)

Anyway, yes, this post does have a point. I wanted to ask what else we missed at SFX.

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Pictures Warrior? Pictures!! :D

Were teh people from Buffy on the floor, I heard you had had to pay $$$ to see them

6. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Lol Jake, he wasn't that nice to me :)

7. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

As is my understanding, SFX is unlike any other con; it's one giant dealer's room. To give you a sense of scale, it's in one section of the Metro Convention centre. (Basically, it's a room the size of about 4 football fields, with dealer tables taking up 75% of it....the other 25% are for artists, promotions, talent, and signings.)

As for the Buffy people, you had to pay to talk with them and have something signed, and there was an entrance fee for the con, obviously, but there was not a separate room for them or anything.

Oh yeah. Brent Spiner was there, but he doesn't do public signings, or Q&A or anything, so we didn't see him.

Sorry, I don't have pictures from the event. Maybe next time.

And lastly, there were these two women, barely dressed, promoting a new Barbarella show or something.....after being told it was ok for me to meet them (and yes, I needed my girlfriend's permission :p ) I went eagerly to their booth, but alas, it was not meant to be. :( They had gone for coffee.

Anyhoo, that's the low-dow. I also checked a few sites with lists of cons in Canada, and I couldn't find anything in London. Strange.....

8. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Ah cool!

Nuts no pics....aw well!

No I don't think there will ever be a con in London.

Anyone know any celebrities?

9. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    The 2 girls in spimpy clothing? My favorite booth/exhibit. lol
    I went back to the booth a couple times. :)
    They were advertising for...uh....something...uh...FutureClub I think...Yeah, that's it...
    Free pictures taken with them. $10 for an autographed poster. Best $10 I ever spent...
    the long line ups for SFX were worth it once I saw them...lol

10. CranieAmidala

CranieAmidala Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 1, 2001
    Hello Londoners, Allow myself to introduce...myself...I'm Andrew A.K.A. Cranie. SFX was my first con, I was there as Palpetine. Not alot of Star Wars there, kinda of disappointing. Tons of Anime, also disappointing. I got some pictures, I'll post a link once I get the webpage working. I came with YJN and had a good time with TLL and 501st...Unless you love anime, you didn't miss much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.