main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** SFX2002 / 2nd Annual Spaghetti Social -- Aug 24th ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    SFX2002 promises to bring another huge dealer's room and a large collection of big name celebreties. Find yourself the rare and elusive Ric Ollie beach towel and cozy on up next to Lando and Data.

Now those of you who've been with us for a while know that the group is of two minds concerning SFX. Some of us like it, others... not so much with the liking. But that's okay. Last year we found a way to accomodate and we'll be sticking to that plan.

Those of you who want to attend the show, we will have an informal gathering in the main entraceway beside the escelator at 1:00 PM. This is the chance for all of us to meet up with one another as opposed to hoping for a chance meeting amongst the merchandise. If you're new to the group, this is the perfect opportunity to introduce yourself and join us. Just swing on over and say hello.

At six pm, show closing, we will congregate across the street from the convention centre in Simcoe Park. This is where the real event begins. At the park, you'll find those that didn't want to attend SFX, playing a game of Epic Duels I'd wager. Once we've gathered everyone together, we will stroll en masse over to the Old Spaghetti Factory for some of the city's best pasta and spumoni.

A word of warning - like almost every restaurant in Toronto, the Spaghetti Factory doesn't take reservations on Saturdays. Last year we weren't seated until 7pm. We will send someone ahead in order to warn them of our arrival and give our total numbers, but expect a minimum wait of a half hour.

The Plan
    When
    :
    Saturday, August 24th
    The show runs 10am-6pm, but we'll be holding an informal gathering at 1pm, meeting up for dinner at 6pm (hopefully seated by 7pm).

Where:
    Metro Convention Centre
    followed by
    Simcoe Park (directly across the Convention Centre on Front St.)
    followed by
    Old Spaghetti Factory

2. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, I don't think I'll be at the convention, but I'll be hanging around in the lobby at 1 and accross in the park or the lobby for most of the day. Really looking forward to our big end of summer bash, last year it was quite the gathering.

Hope you can all make it, even if you aren't attending the con.

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I may check out SFX but will likely (in an effort to conserve money) hang out outside with others. I'll decide when the time comes. Wandering aimlessly in a sea of merchandise I can't afford can be fun and torturous.

4. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    *looks at bank statement* The funds are present in entirety.

As usual I'll be there all three days and collecting autographs.

5. Wonk_Ay

Wonk_Ay Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    i won't be there you wanna know why, Toronto is in Canada and in Canada I am NOT

6. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    Well what are you doing way over there? Canada awaits you with all its splendor and its majestic moose.

And if you're in Canada you can have spaghetti with the gang. :)

7. avatar

May 27, 1999
    Whoo hoo! The Rebel Legion/501st were there last year for this. Much fun was had.

Our group (expected to be around 10-12 people) will try and swing by to say hello around 1pm. If not, we'll at least aim for the 6pm meet. I'm not sure how many will be up for the dinner -- we'll let you know on the day itself, if that's okay.

Looking forward to seeing you folks! :)

PS. LOVE the new banner! LOL!

8. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    We (Y.J.N. Members) will be joining you also.

There are about a half dozen of us come over for the day and for dinner.

I personally will not be going into the con itself, but I'd love to get into a game of Duels.

9. Pissenlit

Pissenlit Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 26, 2001
    Well, I'll be there at 1, whether or not I'll actually go to the Expo...I dunno 'bout the Spaghetti Social though:)

10. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Wow...time flies. I'll be there for sure!

Cris~

11. Sabrina001

Sabrina001 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    I should be there, I might be volunteering at the Worldcon table so I will be at SFX.

Sabrina

12. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    hey, Chris Scott has joined the list of guests. LOL
    Ah the memories of T-trek.

13. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm pretty certain I'll just be hanging out outside.

Does anyone have the link to pictures from last years gathering at the Spaghetti Factory?

14. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

Well, being the collector that i am i will of course be at SFX as i've been looking forward to this all summer!!!

See everyone there who's going! :)

15. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    Darn, Darn, Darn, I can come at all due to the fact I work. Oh well cant attend them all. Have fun

16. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Too bad! I'll have to go to the Q&As all by myself!

(My favorite part of Keating's Q&A was when he made fun of the baaaad Enterprise theme song.)

17. TragicLad

Nov 29, 2000
    You looking for these photos?

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Hello younglings,

I wish I can join you all on Saturday night but I am having a party at my place due to the fact that my master has banned me from going because I have bought too much stuff in recent days. She is going to be away this weekend but if any of you feel like coming by later on the party will be going all night long :)

19. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    yup, those were the photos, thanks!

20. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I may or may not be at the dinner depending on how Friday night goes :)

As for the Con, probably not, not my type of fish. However I may be skating down all the fun rails at the SkyDome. :D

21. prof_frink

prof_frink Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 1, 1999
    While I would love to go, I will be landing in Cuba on the 24th...

Wish me luck - it's Air Transat!

22. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Have fun and good luck

23. Darth_Surly

Darth_Surly Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Prof Frink, we must both go to the next gathering; I finally found my copies of Shadows of the Empire last week (it's amazing what you'll find when you clean up!) We still have to have our Vader talk. Of course, I do still have to READ them again.

Have a great trip!

24. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, being a Collector, Star Wars fan, forum poster, and Part of the 501st, I'm there one way or the other! (like I had a choice!)

I'm there for Sat and Sun. Probably only in costume on Sat though. (gotta breath sometime)

And I'm in for dinner as well

25. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Cool, Ken! Haven't heard from you in awhile. There were rumours you were abducted by Space Mutants...just rumours though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.