main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shaak Ti - Who kills who

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Count_Katarn, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Master I suggest you get hyperspace because there they actually show GG kill her. she doesnt die the way you said she did.

Grievous says this: "Shaak Ti,your lightsaber seems a little battle-worn. It will need considerable cleaning, but it will do the job."
    There's a sharp intake of air from Shaak Ti as she arches her back. Grievous has stabbed her through the heart. Her body slumps and Anakin and Obi-Wan turn grim.

grievous kills her. And she doesnt fight back just takes it thru the chest and dies. alot like quigon jinn died by the hands of Maul.

2. SSIntimidator

SSIntimidator Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003

I suggest you finish reading the article. It clearly states this caused the opening battle scene to drag out and the re-shot her death. Techincally she dies by GG's hand, but in the novel and final version of filming she gets killed by Vader. A reason it was cut from the film was it made no sense for the Clones to be wiping out the Jedi while she's sitting there meditating.

3. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    She doesn't die in the cartoon. Grievous captures her and wraps her up in this kinda kinky electro-rope stuff and Mace saves her.

4. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    well, a picture speaks a million words. And that picture of GG killing her proves it.

I dont see anakin killing her in any pics. Pictures are official, novels are all EU stuff.

Edit:

She doesn't die in the cartoon. Grievous captures her and wraps her up in this kinda kinky electro-rope stuff and Mace saves her.

hey pooj how are ya?, no offence but you know cartoons are EU and are not canon.

5. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    hehehe...that would be pretty funny.

Shaak thinking: "I sense something.....wrong..."

Jedi Padawan's screaming in the distance: "Help us Shaak Ti.......HELP US!!!! There are too many!!!!!"

Shaak: "hmmm, I still sense something but I cannot put a finger on what it is"

Padawans: "PLEEEEEASE...NO....NOOOOOOO.....why are you clones doing this?!!!!!!!!! HELP US SHAAK TI!!!!!!!!"

Shaak: "hmm, I still sense something....I am sitting here meditating and there are.....these....feelings...of......death and pain....I wonder what it could be...."

a lightsaber ignites behind Shaak and Shaak opens her eyes

Shaak thinks: "Uh Oh...I think the Temple may be under atta.....AHHHHHHHGH"

Anakin cuts her to doom.

6. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well, I think the cartoons are good to go by. Maybe not every single detail has to add up, but Shaak Ti does survive the cartoon, and Lucas had two different deaths planned for her in Episode III, so I believe it's safe to assume that she survives past the cartoons.

7. DARTHMAGI

DARTHMAGI Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    The security hologram clearly shows Shaak Ti being killed by Ani

8. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    Doubtful. got a screen capture? pic or something?

9. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...yea, play the game Lego Star Wars and you see Anakin cut Shaak Ti's head off her chest and then her chest off her legs on the hologram Obi and Yoda are watching......it was very funny.

10. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    The security hologram clearly shows Shaak Ti being killed by Ani

Ani is seen killing Cin Drallig, Bene and Whie in the security footage.

The scene that was shot during pick-ups featured Shaak-Ti being killed by Ani while she was meditating in her private quarters when Ani and the troops raid the Temple.
    The scene was cut from the movie.

11. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    Ani is seen killing Cin Drallig, Bene and Whie in the security footage.

exactly! after watching ROTS 10 times now I dont recall seeing shaak getting killed by anakin.

Cin dralling, I hear is going to be in the deleted scenes DVD. In the game he is ok, nothing special.

12. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    Did you even READ the article?:

During the pick-up shoot at Shepperton, Shoshan was scheduled for a single scene of shooting. She traveled from Australia to London to brave the makeup process again. The scene was eerily familiar, but instead of sitting on the floor, she sat on one of the thick disc-like ottomans Jedi have in their private quarters (Knoll would refer to them as big wheels of cheese). The slatted window-shade casts a film noir shadow on her. Hayden Christensen, wearing his dark hood up, steps into frame. "What is it, Skywalker?" asks Shoshan. There's no answer, other than a stab in the back.

It took many takes to satisfy Lucas, something that was profoundly felt by much of the crew since it was the last day of a very busy two weeks worth of shooting. Much of that morning of September 3, 2004 was dedicated to Shaak Ti's demise. But for all that effort, it was cut from the movie (it did make it into the novel, though).

Ultimately, this murder raised more questions, and was incongruous with the preceding shots of Anakin marching up the steps of the Jedi Temple with a column of clone troopers. Surely troopers weren't waiting patiently at the door while Anakin killed Shaak Ti, but if they were storming the temple, why was Shaak Ti meditating? How did she not know that her brethren were dying just outside her door? Ultimately, it didn't work cinematically, but that's what editing is for.

13. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
  14. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    You might also want to check the photo on page one.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/wildezc/VaderandShaakTi.jpg]

15. Count_Katarn

Count_Katarn Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Well this is nice.
    I thought this thread was dead and buried a long time ago.

:cool:

16. Darth_Ambitious

Darth_Ambitious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    This scene was cut, I hope they put it in the DVD. SSIntimidater posted that it was cut because it didnt make sense, which I kind of agree with but leaving it in wouldnt of ruined the Jedi temple raid scene anyway. It was ruined to begin with. It lacked good music, Anakin did nothing, and you caught a 3 second glimpse of clones killing Jedi. Later you get to see a tiny 2 second hologram of Anakin parrying a lightsaber blade...wow so amazing! The only decent part was they youngling scene. Lucas should have expanded the temple raid instead of wasting all that time in the begining on those R2D2 jokes.

17. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    HAYDEN stops him and IAN throws him out the window, a fall
    which no PARTIALLY ELECTROCUTED JEDI CAPABLE OF
    SUPER-JUMPING could possibly survive.

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
    What have I done?
    (pause)
    I submit myself to your will, Ian.

IAN MCDIARMID
    That was fast. Well, now that you
    have taken a single, somewhat
    justifiable step toward the Dark
    Side, there's no turning back. Go
    kill all of the Jedi in the temple,
    including the children.

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
    Right, go kill the children. Got it.

IAN MCDIARMID
    Well, kill everyone, not just--

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
    (leaving)
    On my way to kill all of the
    children now! Whee!

He DOES. The CLONE TROOPERS kill most of the adult Jedi,
    while the challenging task of murdering children can only be
    undertaken by the DARK LORD OF THE SITH.

http://ter.air0day.com/?script=revengeofthesith

That about sums up the whole scene. Would have been much more dramatic to SEE the Temple destruction.

18. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    turkey the pic you directed me to shows GG killing her. no sign of anakin there.

Sorry dude, i must not have the full picture available, it showns her on her knee's with her eyes closed in a dark room. I could'nt see anybody else in the room, just her, it looked like the room yoda talks to anakin in. Sorry for any confusion.

19. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    BTW wasn't Felucia (?) Shaak Ti's homeworld? If so why was everyone's favorite hot Jedi there instead of Shaak Ti. It would make sense to me that you'd want to protect your system.

20. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    While editing both versions of her end leaves Shaak Ti's demise in the air for fans, I agree that it was the right decision. I'm pretty sure no general audience member was in the theater crying "Wait, where's Shaak Ti!?"

21. All_Powerful_Jedi

All_Powerful_Jedi Force Ghost star 4

Sep 12, 2003
    I don't think it made sense for General Grievous to kill Shaak Ti, as it was initially supposed to be done. The opening crawl clearly states that "Two Jedi knights" were dispatched, so suddenly there's three and it's just Shaak Ti alone? I dunno, just my take.

22. Porkins4Ever

Porkins4Ever Jedi Master

Apr 12, 2005
    Well,
    My 7 year old daughter (Who makes me buy her every single Shaak-Ti item at Toys R Us) and I both exclaimed shortly after leaving the theater, "Where the heck was Shaak-Ti??)
    Since then, I have found Shaak-Ti in the Jedi Council scene, but I digress.....

23. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    She's in a jedi council scene? What part in the movie? I have seen it a few times but have yet to see her. She's pretty cool. It's weird how one charicter can be latched onto by the fans so collectivly. like Boba-fett. I bet if lucas knew how the fans would react he would not have cut her scene out.

24. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Shaak Ti and Stass Allie were seen in the holographic council that Yoda looks at on Kashyyyk.

[image=http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/tarfful/img/movie_bg.jpg]

Shaak (3rd from the right) and Stass (second from the right) are the only two council members that aren't seen in person during the council scenes.

Oddly, there is someone else sitting to the right of Stass (even though Stass should be on the end). I think that may be Plo seated in the wrong seat.

25. SSIntimidator

Jul 24, 2003
    If Lucas based his editing on fan reactions the movie would be 8 hours long and one giant mishmash of randomness. It would make less sense than ever!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.