main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shackled Past - Luke & Mara AU - Completed 10/28 - Voted Best Romance at the JC for 2001

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by RebelMom, Oct 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vee

Vee Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 16, 2000
    I'm a certified grown-up, and I would love to have someone point this list out to me in a private message ... ;)

2. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    I am waiting IMPATIENTLY for *my* next part!! (A certain story of mine has taken off.... mommy!)

3. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Good one!

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Patience, you must have patience. Tomorrow is Wednesday. I'll put the next part up tomorrow. This story is still in process and if I put it up too fast, I'll run out of story.

The list that keeps getting mentioned is an egroup. It can be found at http://www.egroups.com/group/Mara_and_Luke

luke'sryb - I'm a big fan of DuMaurier, see the disclaimers on my story post.

Thanks for the interest in this. Until tomorrow.

5. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Okay RebelMom, it's Wednesday. I've been a good little Padawan & haven't bothered you. May I have some more story now? Pretty please?

6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Its lucky I had my preferences set on 10 topics instead of 5, or I would never have found this. I believe that what's her name, the dead one, that begins with a C, is dead for real.
    Or it could be someone else.

I love your stories, Rebel Mom!

Would anyone like me to possibly post a story I have that is where Mara searches for her family? Its finished, but it may need some changes or additions to it.
    I've decided it would have to be a AU, because a few things would not make sense with the true profiction era.

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Nice job, Rebelmom. This story looks very intriguing so far - - you've left much to speculation. (Namely, who the Sith died???) I'm wondering along with everyone else, and I definitely can't wait for more when you have a chance!

8. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Does everybody have new colors? Surprised me. Anyway, I promised chapter 2 today. Please let me know if putting complete chapters up is okay. I could give you piecemeal. So without further ado....

Chapter 2

The following week, Mara spent most of her free time in the company of Luke Skywalker. They toured the city, picnicked in the gardens surrounding the old palace, and raced bongos with adolescent Gungans. Mara even allowed Luke to teach her a few Jedi lessons. Her saber skills improved when honed against a live opponent. They lunched after Mara's meetings and dined after Luke's research. The more time they spent together, the stronger their bond became. Mara had made considerable progress in her relationship with Luke. She hadn't much time left. The end of the week would mark the end of the conference. It came all too quickly. When she woke up on the last official conference day, she knew that she would not be leaving with Karrde the following day. She had other plans for her future.

Mara went shopping that afternoon to find something to wear to the formal Trade Conference Reception to be held that evening. Her wardrobe contained jumpsuits, not evening gowns. She found a gorgeous Vanar creation. Most of his stuff was appalling but this gown was exquisite. As she was fitted, the only thing on her mind was what Luke's reaction would be. He had mentioned that he would be in attendance with his sister and brother-in-law. The silky form-fitting bodice and skirt were overlaid with a diaphanous jade material. Small gems embedded in the bodice sparkled in the light. There was a side slit up to the middle of her left thigh. There was enough resiliency in the material that she didn't need to worry about anything ripping. She was more concerned about the dress staying up. The attendant assured her that it was a special material resistant to slipping; it would stay up. If only there was a spot to hang her lightsaber.

She arrived at the Reception hall wearing a black hooded cloak. She stood at the entrance, waiting for Talon Karrde who was going to meet her there. Not far from her stood Luke and the Solos. Han noticed her first. Luke was talking quietly to Leia when he heard an appreciative whistle. He cocked an eyebrow at Han and followed his gaze, which then settle on Mara. She had unhooked her cloak revealing the dress. Leia gasped, "That gown is an original Vanar. It's beautiful."

Han whispered to Luke, "I'm trying to imagine how that dress is staying up."

Luke didn't seem to hear him. His eyes roved over her body taking in all her curves. His throat was dry but he managed to mutter. "I can imagine quite a lot."

Han snickered then whispered again. "You'll get it."

Luke's mouth dropped open at Han's comment. Wide-eyed, Leia elbowed Han hard in the ribs. "Han!"

Han shook his head. "Sorry, Leia. Just trying to encourage the kid."

Luke's eyes darkened a bit. "I'm not a kid, Han."

"Sweetheart, let me talk to Luke alone okay?" Reluctantly, Leia began walking towards Talon Karrde who had just entered behind Mara. Han put his arm around Luke's shoulders. "Luke. I'm not blind. I know you have a thing for Mara. I want to encourage you to go for it. She's just what you need."

Luke sighed. "But what about?"

Han interrupted. "She's dead Luke. You can't bring her back and you can't grieve for her forever. You need to move on."

Luke nodded his head in acquiescence. "I'll try."

Han glared at him and cleared his throat. Luke smiled in spite of himself. "I know. There is no try. I'll do it."

Han slapped him hard on the back. "Go get her Luke."

Mara saw Leia approaching. She smiled in greeting. "Hello Madame President."

Leia smiled in return. "Please, Mara, call me Leia. How are you?"

"Just fine. You remember Talon Karrde?"

"How could I forget him? Nice to see you again Talon. I trust you have made some profitable connections this week."

Talon grinned. "As I always do. Well ladies. I must excuse myself. I see a certain Twi'lek I have been trying to meet with all week. Later,

9. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    Great Post!

<<Darkness had crept in during their explorations.>>

Darkness. Uh oh, I don't like the sound of that.

So, how did Callista die? :)

10. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    suddenly decide to get married, hmm, wonder where you got that idea from ? :=)

11. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Good romance writing!!

A tingle of darkness? Interesting.

I like the whole chapter at once. Especially chapter 2. Personally I think it would have suffered if it had been spilt up. It's nice to keep the mood going once it's started. Of course I'm the sort to devour a good book in one sitting. Maybe others like suspense.

Either way, more please, soon!

12. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    [Voice of Tigger] Oh boy oh boy oh boy, another post! Hoo hoo hoo HOO![/Voice of Tigger]

That was great! More more more, please?

13. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm just upping this, nothing to get excited about :)

14. Jedi-Jade

Jedi-Jade Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 1999
    Very very very good! :D

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sighs* Have I told you how good you are with romance for the thousandth time yet?! *bows to the queen* I know I can't bug you.. but I will anyway! I want more!! ;)

16. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    wow!

That is about all I can say now...

17. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    [lurker decloaking] Wow, Rebelmom, this is a great story. I'm really enjoying your writing and I can't wait to read more. Keep up the good work. :)

Idiots Array

18. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    okay- my jaw is now off the floor...

Oh my god RebelMom, I loved that last chapter! You write sooooo beautifuly!

I like how you potrayed Mara. She was gettin kind of frisky! It is nice to see her not so darkened and sad as some fics describe her as.

I cannot wait for your next post! Take your time though when posting

*ducks as fruit comes flying at her from other readers*

I like how you brought the suspense. It was nice not to be bombarded with new chapter every day. Draw out the suspense as long as you want. It only makes your next chapter even better!

Great job!

Jaded Skywalker

19. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I don't like this format of posting entire chapters at one time. There's just too many things to respond too. :)

First of all, man oh man can you write smut. :)

Secondly, the image of Luke and Mara dancing a jig nearly made me fall out of my chair.

That dress sounds like it should be illegal in twelve systems. ;)

Marinated Dewback steaks?! LOL!

The "I can imagine quite a bit" "You'll get it" lines cracked me up. Han has a dirty mind.

Hope for Luke's sake that zipper doesn't get stuck, although he might be good enough with a lightsaber to get it off her.

A slit clear up the thigh?? Sexy!!

Finally I have to say ... CRAP!! I was sure it was Leia who kicked the bucket, though now I'm not so sure that Callista is dead either. :)

20. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    Oh grow up you guys....I for one am glad Callista is no more. She's far too old for Luke and besides she knew Kenobi as a young man. Mara is better for our young Jedi, close to his age and can give him sons and daughters. Keep up the good work. I love a chapter at a time, better than dragging it out too long, causes some people to lose interest (but not me). I give this a very big ten! YOU GO GIRL!

21. Leia

Leia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 8, 1998
    I love it, Rebelmom. You write wonderfully! I saw the "AU" part first, and I nearly passed it by, but then I read your name, and here I am! Keep up the good work...

22. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    Thank you Jedipati, Padawan Lunetta, Herman Snerd, Taramidala, Jaded Skywalker, Liz Skywalker, Hope, KnightMara,Padawan Di-Lee, Womp Rat208, Jedi Trace, Jee-dai, Artemis, Matt Windu, Lukesryb, Vee, Jedi Jade, Jedi Liz, Jedi Master Mara Jade,Idiots Array and Leia. I hope you will all come back and read the next chapter on Saturday. So far the votes are for complete chapters. If anyone else wants smaller sections like Herman let me know and I might experiment.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

23. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Oh, you can bet I will be around to read more. :)

Either posting format is fine with me.

24. Matt Windu

Matt Windu Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 20, 2000
    I'll be waiting. :)

Doesn't matter to me which posting format you choose, your preference.

25. aleja

aleja Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 1999
    Hmmm...acknowledgements to DuMaurier and Hitchcock...and a hint of darkness...could Mrs. Danvers be a Dark Sider? :)

As always, I enjoy reading your work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.