main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Shades of Grey ( OOC thread for The Grey Way )

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by greyjedi125, Feb 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    [​IMG]

Welcome sentients, scions of the Force. Welcome to the Grey Way.

Here, we shall discuss game progression, in-game development, character classes & ranks, plot lines, and even hash out philosophical paths to better understand what it means to be a grey force user and all that lies within the perceived gamut between Light and Dark; for the Shades of Grey are many.

[​IMG]

So, make yourself comfortable, or perhaps you'd prefer to try out some of the new and unique force skills your character has just acquired. After all, the force is full of undiscovered abilities some would consider...extraordinary and supernatural.

Didn't you know? The Force is One!

[​IMG]

Fair warning: Expect nothing and be ready for everything!!

2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Liking this! *stretches out and expects nothing* ;)

Grey Way has begun! So happy and excited! :D [face_dancing][face_party]

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.
  3. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
  4. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
  5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm sitting patiently... waiting for the moment to strike. :p

Nah, seriously, I just haven't had anything to contribute as far as OOC discussion goes.

greyjedi125 and Darth_Elu like this.
  6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    *Sits waiting for Dramatis Personae*

I wanted to make a dramatic entrance? :p

7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    nononononono.... a dramatis entrance!

8. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Well, I gave you one. *flings Mitth about with the Force for emphasis*

:p

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hehehe, thanks for the momentary excitement Darth_Elu, but patience is a Grey trait, as demonstrated by Kev-Mas_Colcha and Mitth_Fisto.

Let's keep things RP related, because reasons, as A Blind Prophet would say. :-B

W00T!!

To Elu's point, questions, if any, are welcomed, contemplation is enlightening and silence is golden. :p

*the not so accidental roster/ role call = priceless.

EDIT: Oooh! I see wonderful morning posts! I must consume them...er..read them before I'm off to work! :D

10. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    indeed. because reasons.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    My latest post on the EUC thread might provide good insight into playing a Grey Jedi character, for those who are playing that might be new to the whole thing. It's a primer explaining how the Grey code relates to the philosophy and way of life for a Grey Jedi.

DarthIshyZ and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm anticipating the meeting of everyone. I take it we won't all arrive at the same time, but my guess is we will be summoned together at some point soon?

greyjedi125 and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I think that's the direction grey is directing us in. Just a guess, anyways

Sent from my Alcatel_4060O using Tapatalk

14. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    This is gonna be goooood.

[​IMG]

15. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    This is really good!! [face_peace]

Kev-Mas_Colcha

Could you please post that in here? It's perfectly worded and I dare not touch it. :p

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Gladly.

Grey Code Explained

There is no zealotry, there is moderation

An important trait of a Grey Jedi is moderation. This refers to how a Grey Jedi must be both patient and tolerant.

The Grey Jedi are a secluded sort, choosing to study the Force in solitude rather than interfere with the Galaxy at large. When they do choose to act, they will have done so after careful analysis of the situation, to decide whether the balance of the Force is at stake and it is the will of the Force for them to intervene. It obviously takes a lot of patience to do this effectively. Utmost patience must be exercised when waiting for a sign or any indication that the Force wills them to intervene, and often they will be waiting for a sign until whatever event that is going on resolves itself without their intervention. Many Grey Jedi live to an exceptionally old age, using force techniques to extend their lifespan simply because they are still waiting until the time in which the galaxy needs them and many other Grey Jedi will bear children whom they pass down their teachings to for the same purpose.

Additionally, the Grey Jedi are incredibly open minded and tolerant of other ways of life than their own, commonly incorporating bits and pieces of other traditions into their own where they see that they will fit. They are constantly improving their own philosophy upon learning from others. Many Grey Jedi will take a “pilgrimage” of sorts after completing their training under a mentor, and live a life as a common galactic citizen to further humble themselves. This time is also the ideal time to discover possible candidates to train as their apprentice, as they may find unknowingly force sensitive individuals in their time amongst common folk. This is beneficial in another way as well, as it helps bring new members into the order and keeps the traditions of the Grey Jedi alive for the next generations to come.

There is no pride, there is humility

Possibly the most important part of the Grey Jedi philosophy is humility. To maintain balance and keep themselves from falling victim to a lust for power like Dark Jedi and Sith or becoming zealous and intolerant like the Jedi, a Grey Jedi must center themselves with humility. They must acknowledge that while they have special powers that sets them apart from the rest of the Galaxy, those powers would not have been refined if not for the guidance of the ones who taught them in the ways of the Force. Furthermore, they must realize that the will of the Force is not their own, that their own wants and desires may very well not be the destiny the Force has in mind for them, and they must not let them interfere either.

There is no hate, there is love

Unlike the Jedi, who view love as dangerous territory that leads to forming attachments and falling to the Dark Side to protect them, a Grey Jedi views it as the ultimate defense against the root of all imbalance – hate. Where hate exists, moderation and humility cannot while zealotry and pride flourish. However, the one thing that can counteract hate is love. When you show love to those who act out of hate it plants the seeds of moderation and humility and paves the way for redemption, and helps them restore their inner balance. It reduces them to a hollow shell and allows for them to turn themselves around down a new path.

The most famous example of love being used to lead to redemption was when Darth Vader sacrificed his life to save his son, Luke Skywalker from certain death at the hands of the Emperor. He very well may not have done this had Luke not shown mercy to him after defeating him in their previous duel, creating a bond between father and son.

Also, ultimately it is love that is the final goal in mind for all decisions a Grey Jedi makes. A Grey Jedi loves the Force and they will do their best to make sure that it will not be harmed in any way.

There is no good or evil, nor light or dark; There is the Force

A Grey Jedi views the Force as a whole. They do not create distinctions between light and dark and they see only different manifestations of the Force determined by its use. They simply believe that there is just the Force, plain and simple, and that the “light side” or the “dark side” are merely manifestations of Force use, rather than the Force itself. Simply put, a Grey Jedi believes that the Force is inherently neutral, and is only perceived to be either “light” or “dark” because it was manipulated by a Force user in a certain manner.

17. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Mikaboshi - there might be the opportunity for an interesting tidbit of interaction if your character notices Kev-Mas showing Polmath his Emperor's Hand branding (which he just did). Since in your character's bio you stated that he also was one and the hands were never aware of each other's existence (as they were told they were the only ones) it could prove to be a rather interesting encounter.

Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Kev-Mas_Colcha =D=

Exemplary showcase of your character's temperament! I suspect things will get interesting very quickly!

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  19. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    my apologies for not getting to this just yet, haven't had it in me due to having been sick for most of the end of this month.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    No need to apologize, ABP. There is no rush at all. Please, get better soon and we'll hear from you when you are ready. Thanks for the heads-up my friend. [face_peace]

A Blind Prophet likes this.
  21. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    With a character as well fleshed out as Kev-Mas is, such things aren't hard to do. He's got a very well defined personality and traits, as well as a bit of a character evolution he has been going through ever since the Emperor died. When the Emperor was alive and controlling him by use of the Sith amulet embedded into his head he was very reserved and only spoke when absolutely necessary because doing otherwise would risk him getting a nasty shock of force energy for speaking out against the Emperor. Now that he's "free" so to speak, he's learning to take advantage of his freedom. He'll say witty one-liners in combat here and there and mock his enemies just because he can.

Also, needless to say a lot of the things he was thinking in that post were things that he thought of saying but held back because he associated Polmath as an authority type figure, and mental conditioning from his time under the Emperor has taught him not to speak out against his superiors. Lots of psychology going into how I come up with this stuff.

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Hmmm.....

Well, I'll venture to say that the current symbol for the Grey ( see first post ) is just a place holder. I've seen it showcased in may Jedi threads, particularly the Jedi Enclave in the WNU. Of course, a completely unique symbol would be awesome, but I'm willing to be realistic. The Potentiuml symbol is really good, but it's too directly associated with the 'potentium.'

The search is on and it continues.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  23. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    You could always use the image that's used in the first post of the EUC thread. It's completely original (made by yours truly). Barring that, I can make another one with custom specifications.

24. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I think it looks very similar to this one, as they seem to share almost the same elements.

[​IMG]
    I've included it in the images/symbols I'm considering; however, I'm looking for a few more options atm.

The Vanguard likes this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Well I can always come up with something else if you have something specific in mind.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.