main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadow Legacy (AU end of TLC) *TAGGED* Finally updated 04/27! Lots of piloty goodness!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by The_Standmaiden, Mar 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Title: Shadow Legacy
    Pairings: Not much so far. Brief Wedge/Iella, Wes/Dia and Tycho/Winter, sort of Han/Leia.
    Notes: Main character death(s) and mild violence. If you do not like these things, do not read this! Clear? Good. :p
    Disclaimer: The Star Wars galaxy and everything in it belongs to George Lucas and not to me.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to link to the old thread [face_blush]

------------------------------------------

Leia heard a knocking at the door. Who could it be so late at night? She managed to sit up in her hospital bed and say, "Chewie, it's late. No more visitors today." Suddenly she caught a slight tremor in the Force. Whoever was out there, it wasn't Chewie.

She came awake a bit more, and remembered that she had sent Han and Chewie home to rest. Han had, of course, insisted that he wasn't tired and could stay with her for the rest of the evening. Then he had fainted. She smiled. He didn't think of it as fainting, just "passing out" but she had sent him off to bed anyway. It seemed that the birth of the twins had taken almost as much out of him as it had of her.

The knock came again, more insistant this time. Leia sighed. "Come in."

The door slid open with a hissing sound, and Leia blinked at the sudden light coming through it. When her vision adjusted, she saw a tall man with dark hair striding into the room. He did not look familiar at all. Why would the Nogrhi let in a strange man?

"What are you doing here?" Leia asked. The man looked at her, and a strange smile crossed his bearded face. "Oh, nothing. Just doing a bit of cleaning up."

Janitorial staff, so late? Leia was surprised. She reached out with her Force sense as her brother Luke had taught her, but could not feel the presence of her Noghri guards outside the door. Her stomach flipped over. Something was terribly wrong.

Suddenly, a sense of terrible evil radiated from the bearded stranger. It was all Leia could do not to gasp in panic. The twins! He must be there to steal the twins! The man appeared to be pruning the dead leaves off one of the flowers she had recieved earlier that day, but he was watching her, she could feel it.

She had to call the nurse. She had to! But the hand-held call button was lying on the night table on the other side of the bed, and the man would see her take it. There was only one thing to do. As the stranger approached the twins' crib, Leia knew she'd have to try and reach out with the Force.

Leia had never been good at telekenesis. Empathy had always been easier for her. Sometimes, it was even difficult to turn a lamp on with these "special powers". But she had to try.

She reached out with the Force. The call button's case rattled. Come on, come on! she thought frantically. Abruptly, the call button slid across the bed into her hand. Yes! She would have to remember to thank Luke later.

She pushed the button, and the signal traveled to the desk of the nurse on duty. Now all she needed to do was distract the stranger for just a few more minutes . . .

Leia turned to the stranger. "What do you want?" she asked quietly.

The man turned towards her again, and suddenly there was a blaster in his hand. "This," he said, smiling that strange smile as he pulled the trigger.

Carlin Tanner was bored. Bored out of his mind. He hated the night shift at the hospital, because his favorite part of his job was talking to the patients. Usually talking to patients at night meant that something was wrong. The most interesting thing he had done all evening was shoo away some nosy holo reporters who wanted 'exclusive' holographs of the Solos' newborn twins.

He yawned, and put his face in his hands. Why didn't anything interesting ever happen while he was on shift?

Suddenly, Carlin heard a quiet but piercing beeping. Hi

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was just breathtaking. When Leia died my heart jumped. Brilliant story! :)

3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    :eek:NOOOO! You moved it! WHYYY!!??!?!?!?!??!??!!!?!!? :_|

:p

4. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Why? Well, it gives me an excuse to re-read the story so far 8-}

5. Devi

Devi Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 22, 2002
    You have a new reader, Maiden!! I love this fic!!!! :)

And I'm gonna pester you until you give us a new postie!! [face_devil]

6. The_Standmaiden

The_Standmaiden Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 28, 2002
    Sara_Kenobi: :D Thanks!

Stakky: Because. :p Oh, I did it on purpose to annoy you after the Evasion thing. :p

crystalrain: You know what? Me too. :p

Devi: Hey Devi! :D And :eek: I was afraid of that. :p

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  8. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It was nice to re-read. I'm ready for a new post. ;)

9. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Okay, you moved it. Now you just have to update it! :p

Of course, on this board I won't have to UP it as much. Sithspawn! You've foiled my progressive motivation plan!

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I was going to suggest that you moved it to foil D_o_Y, but I didn't want to give her ideas ;)

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    *Refugees flood in*

It all happened so fast. One second I was in the old thread, then all the sudden I was here. It was so *sob* horrible... :_|

... :eek: My baby! Where's my baby! Has anybody seen my baby?! We-we got seperated in the chaos and-and I can't find my baby anywhere!!! Somebody please help me find my babeeeeee!! :_|

Ooooo... A compilation.

Not. Too. Shabby. ;)

12. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    Found it Again!

POST!!!

*sorry, you see, I died on the last one and well..........*

13. CptCorranHorn

CptCorranHorn Jedi Master star 5

Oct 16, 2002
    Well Maiden, I finally got around to reading this. What do I think of it?

Very, very good. I found myself cursing when I realized that I had read all of it so far. I didnt want to stop.

Cant wait for the next post :)

14. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm trying to decide if this project should be called Meiosis or Mitosis. :p

15. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    *dies because of all the biology-speak*
    I hate you all! you drudged up memories of 6th Grade :p

16. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I didnt want to stop.

This is why she needs to write more. :p

17. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    D_o_Y: I've been trying to figure that one out too!

18. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I think it's mitosis, unless there is a plan to later breed with the fan art forum. :p

19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
  20. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Hummmm, I was thinking more meiosis - one cell with 46 chromosomes makes 4 cells each with 23 chromosomes. Cause the new forums are smaller than the old ones, and there was one and now there are 4. Stupid biology lessons are driving me insane and filling my head with useless info! Anyway...

*changes subject*

Sorry about that. I think about these things way too much [face_laugh]

If I seng you some cyber doughnuts, will you post, Standmaiden? Pretty please?

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Hmm, on the one hand, there is the reduction, but on the other hand there is the fact that all the new forums intend to just be forums, not merge with other small forums and give birth to a new larger forum... :p

I'll give you timbits to post!

22. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Maybe they do intend to merge with other small forums [face_devil] 8-}

Postie? I'll give you calorie free cyber chocolate fudge cake if you do! (bribery with food always worked on me 8-})

23. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    MY BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

Oh...and...uh...a post would be nice too, I guess... :p

24. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    I'll give you all the Timbits in the world if you stop it with the bloody Bio talk. :p

Oh, and double that for Maiden to post. :)

25. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    *raises hands*

OK, OK, no more biology! Where's my timbits? 8-} [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.