main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    You started posting and didn't tell me. :(
    Well, it looks good and you've captured an audience.
    Though girl I must remind you about cliffhangers... they need to age. ;)

This is good stuff. I need more.

2. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Wonderful interaction between L&M, and you've captured loving parents' feelings and actions toward their newborn perfectly!

"...no one had seen their (Palp & Vader) evil as closely as Luke." - Indeed

Sounds like Kyp is experiencing the same sort of misguided good intentions that might have led to Anakin's fall.

3. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm a little confused....is this a bit (AU)?

Very nice interaction between Luke and Mara....but Ben has gray eyes doesn't he.....and about how old is he now?

Back to lurking

4. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Another good post, as usual. Good job, Lune!

5. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Mummy: I thought I had told you? Perhaps we should teach me patience... ;)

Padawan Di-Lee: Thank you! I've just started teaching myself how to write Luke and Mara (If you can't read it... write it! ;)) Yes, Kyp might be following Anakin's footsteps... >:)

Jedi-Liz: This isn't AU yet, as far as I can see. I bet with the next novel, it will be. I wrote this chapter before Rebirth even came out, but all I changed was the baby's name. All newborns are born with either bluish eyes, or gray. And they often change as baby grows older. Ben is about 6 months old, (very near crawling age, Luke and Mara will be busy ;)) Sorry for the confusion!

McClaindfkjadfo: Forgive the spelling... hehehe ;) Thanks again, glad you are enjoying the story. :)

6. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Great post! Awww, Ben is soooo cuuuuuuuute! :)

7. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    That was so sweet, Lunetta! Ben is such a cutie! :D
    I really liked Luke's thoughts about Kyp. Looks like there may be trouble brewing there. :eek:
    Loved Mara's "Turned mother" comment. :p

And I can't wait to see how you bring the two storylines here together! (That's a not-so-subtle hint. :p )

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I guess being subtle is not your strong suit, is it? :)

9. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    thanks for the explanation, lunetta. (I'll catch up Sunday as I am off to "visit" my sister, brother-in-law and my niece and nephew)

10. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Not when it comes to begging for new posts, Darth McClain. :p

11. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    How did I guess, sari? :p

12. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    *waiting for a post she hasn't read....* ;)

I loved the interaction between Mara and Luke, that was so great Snarkystuckinatoastersingingabouttoastedtoastwithbutterandjamonit! ;)

Looking forward to what I *know* you have written.... [face_devil]

13. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Thanks lunetta! Some Luke/Mara/Ben story time brightened my day! :) :) :)

Plus it was very well written! Cannot wait for the new post!

14. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I've been meaning to check this one. Good start and of course I loved the nice family stuff with the baby.

15. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    good story. ooooooh bad bad Valdemar. i wish I could get him with my lightsaber.

and such a lovely scene of Luke and Mara family, great baby stuff, precious.

and interesting thoughts on Kyp, too.

please give us more soon.

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks all! (I'll address everone later, I'm lazy tonight! ;))

What story is complete without Prince Charming? ;)

Chapter Two
    City of Theed, Naboo

The sun was just beginning to set over the Royal Palace in Theed, painting the clouds with reds and purples. The dim light poured through the sitting room window, contrasting sharply with the sparkling blue hem of a dress it touched. Queen Drusilla Naberrie stared hard at her son, tapping her foot in frustration. "Please, tell me, in detail what is wrong with Lady Carleen Trumain."

Armand leaned back into the soft white couch, studying his mother. Her cheeks were a shade darker than her rose colored blush, her long blonde hair swept up into a perfect twist at the back of her head. Not a single hair was out of place, her long light blue dress hugged her slim figure perfectly, not even a single wrinkle blemished the beautiful material. He couldn't recall a single time in his life when her appearance was anything but perfect. It was certainly a good trait for a Queen, but it made for a difficult mother.

Drusilla narrowed hereyes at him. "Don't slouch." She spread her small, pale hands. "Carleen is beautiful, is she not?"

"She is certainly that," Armand agreed, straightening his back.

Drusilla nodded coolly. "She is soft spoken, well bred, and comes from a very prestigious family." Her cold blue eyes met Armand's warm brown. "Certainly a worthy bride for a Prince

"Yes, she is." Armand ran a hand through his short, dark brown hair. "But not this Prince."

"Why not?" Drusilla asked, placing her hands on her hips. "What is the problem with her? You don't like red hair, her skins too light..."

"No," Armand held up his hands. "It has nothing to do with her looks. She is perfectly beautiful, she is well mannered, soft spoken. What's wrong with her, is she is a delicate ball of fluff that I would spend the rest of my life trying to make happy, without ever achieving it."

Drusilla raised a slender eyebrow. "Interesting. She shares the same fault as Lady Brina Vale, Shasha Nells..." Her rouge colored lips dropped into a frown. "You haven't liked a single prospect I have picked for you. Soon enough we will have gone through all the Nobles, and will have to move onto the peasants

"Aren't we forgetting someone?" Armand asked. "What about Lady Priscilla Lavelle?"

The Queen'seyes widened slightly. "She is a little over the fashionable weight, dear. And don't get me started on her mouth! I've heard cleaner words from a drunk, angry, Corellian smuggler."

Armand covered his mouth to hide a smirk. He was tempted to say that she sounded interesting, but to do so would be to disrespect his mother, and he knew better than that. Instead, he contented himself with a simple, "Oh."

Drusilla sighed, and sat gracefully down by Armand. "I know this is hard on you, but you are nearing your 19th birthday. Your brother Richard was married two years before his. And I was all of 16 when I married your father."

"I know." Armand caught his mother's blue eyes. "But like you, Richard has a Kingdom to some day rule. He needs to get used to his wife, in order to rule with her. I don't have that problem."

"You could run if you'd like. Richard wouldn't mind, in fact he wants you too. The Naboo have always elected their leader from the Naberrie Dynasty. He wants the people to have a choice."

"I know this, mother. But what the people need is a strong leader, who wants the position. Someone trained to rule. I have been trained for Ambassador work; it is what I love. A King cannot leave his home to handle negotiations all over the Galaxy, whereas a Prince can."

"Galaxy?" Drusilla questioned. "You really think we are ready to reveal ourselves to the Empire?"

Armand nodded. "It's been 40 years since Darth Vader promised to protect our secret, even from the Emperor, providing no one ever leaves the planet

17. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Good posts. :)

18. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Ooooh, Naboo!!!

19. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, now I'm totally hooked. You bring Naboo into the story, and a handsome, single Prince, too, and I'll be a faithful reader forever. ;)

I love the idea of Vader having the Fallanassi create an illusion of a ravaged planet, but letting Naboo survive. Very cool, Lunetta!

Now I really can't wait to read more. :D

(There I go being subtle again... ;) )

20. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    padawan lunetta, I just read this and realized that I'd read the prologue already and critiqued it. This is quite good! Keep it up!

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well I am not so lazy now!

SWF1000: Thanks fro the comments :D

Princess Sari: Yeah Ben's cute... (kind of based off of my nephew :)) I almost wanted to make him collicky >:) I guess I was in a good mood when I wrote that. ;)
    As for Naboo and Mr Princey, I had to keep you tied in somehow,... ;) Nah, the Naboo thing was almost a separate plot, but I decided to merge them. I came close to cutting out Prince Charming, I saw someone mention something familiar to him... but it was just a suggestion, so I kept him. He was growing on me anyway. ;)

Becca:{/b] Yes.. Naboo... they couldn't stay out of the Galaxy forever! ;)

Melyanna: Yes, you caught me. :) Is this what you expected from just reading the prologue earlier? Thanks for reading :D (and commenting, of course. ;))

Jedi Liz: You're welcome! See you Sunday, you probably won't have to much to catch up on... maybe. ;)

Gimpyinaboxofcornflakeschasingthewhiterabbit: Well, here, finally, is something you have not read! Wahoo! ;)

Jaded Skywalker: Glad it brightened your day! It was a lot of fun to write. :D Of course... I'll probably grow all mushy on you guys again... with Mommy as a beta it happens. ;)

MariaJade2: I"m happy you checked it out! I HAD to do a L&M&B.. Lukie as a father is just too cute! ;)

Girljedi: Val probably deserves to be killed by lightsaber. ;) Thanks for reading :D

I MIGHT be willing to put Chapter 3 up today.. should anyone want it...

22. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Wow. By the time I finally wandered down here, you'd already posted five times!! Not that I don't like lots of posts; I do. But it leaves me to wonder in a dazed way... HOW ON CORUSCANT DID I MISS THIS??

Anywhoo, wonderful tragedy in the beginning! I cried over the whole thing. :_|

Interesting idea about what happened to Naboo; I've often been curious why nobody bothered to incorperate them after TPM. I really like Arman's character a lot (and for his own sake, not for the romance possibilities later on). He seems real nice and sensible. :)

Of course, now what I want you to do is get right through all the other stuff and go to the part where Helaine (sp?) wakes up!! I really want to see everyone's reactions to her. :D

Sarah >^,,^<

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Of course we want you to post it!!

24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hhehe I have to wonder too, Sara K ;)

We'll just have to see Becca... ;)

25. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    I want to see chapter 3, too!! Pretty please with a cherry on top?!? :)