main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

2. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
  3. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
  4. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    *sneaks in*

Apologies for the long absence, Luney! DRL has been a massive pain in my neck lately. But I promise I'm still reading - I should be caught up soom.

5. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
  6. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

7. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

8. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Jade_Skywalker: Thanks :)

TheBiggerFish: Thank you, and wait... Val's WRONG?! What?! ;)

Sarah_K: Thanks for the A+ Girlie.... though it shall be hard shoes to fill I guess on the next posts ;) (And you hate cliffhangars, since when?! ;))

ROGUE_49: *looks innocent* Who told you? ;)

Jedi_Liz: Thanks :)

MariahJade2: I hate sociopaths too... they're so hard to write ;) THanks :)

Sebulba2179: Thanks, and I had to have Lothibaby explain the Bond thing... ;)

jade51999: Thanks :)

Zara_Rose: Thanks :)

jedi_master_gimpy: Thanks for the comment and following ups ;)

Admiral_Lelila: Thanks :) Tell the sith twins hi ;)

DarthLothi: Thanks but... how am I supposed to top it now?! ;)

RebelMom: Thanks ;)

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thanks

LilSilverPhoenix: Thanks, I had to delete quite a bit while trying to write that guy ;)

Sache8: Glad you liked "A line" :p ;)

Jedi-Jae: Thanks, hope you can catch up on time... ;)

I hast sent the final chapter of Shadows to MOmmy... (All 11 pages of it ;)) plus the epilogue... so soon as it's betaed and I can edit it... there shall be more! ;)

9. TheBiggerFish

Mar 26, 2001
    YAY!!!!! :D :D :D POSTIE SOON!

AACK!! FINISHING SOON!! :( :(

10. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    11 pages?? Whoa! No wonder it's the last post.

And as much as I don't want this story to end... *bouncebounce* I REALLY interested in seeing that chapter, like *bounce* SOON! :D

Sarah >^,,^<

11. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    I'm not putting ALL 11 pages up... but a fair enough amount... in fact... most of it ;) Sorry for the length, but the last few have been short! ;)

Terrance, Mantooine

Coming back to Mantooine was a surreal experience for Helaine Trillium. It had changed in almost fifty years. The town had stayed small, still having only one hotel. The same hotel that she had stayed in with Lanelle Caine. She kept her silence while Master Skywalker ordered a suite. She was grateful that they wouldn?t be in the same room at least, because they're group was larger and needed a bigger room. Not that it mattered. They wouldn?t be spending a long time in it. That night Master Skywalker was going to go into the forest to attract Valdemar and his followers. The rest of the group would follow , sneaking up on them and apprehending them when they made their grab for the Master.

Master Skywalker and his wife had fought over the plan the entire trip, but Master Skywalker was adamant. It was he who Valdemar wanted, not her. When Mara tried to suggest another option, he refused. He wouldn?t even consider letting Helaine be the bait. Not wanting to get between the two Jedi, Lainey made no comment. The thought of walking into Valdemar?s clutches with her eyes open turned her stomach.

Helaine fingered her new lightsaber, having had built a new lightsaber on the trip, one with a silver blade, like Master Horn?s. Her old lightsaber had been purple, but she couldn?t bring herself to copy it.

A droid carried their luggage to their suite, and led the way up six flights of stairs. Helaine found herself thinking about the all too familiar layout, wondering why they hadn?t chosen to remodel after all these years. Their suite was much larger than the room she had shared with Master Caine - three rooms, a kitchenette, and living room. They spent most of their time in the living room, discussing the plans for that evening. Helaine mainly listened, both dreading and looking forward to the evening. She could not feel her Master?s presence in the Force, but that was to be expected. Valdemar most certainly used his drug on Master Horn.

She didn?t worry about not seeing him again. Valdemar wouldn?t kill him until she was there to watch. Or Master Skywalker. Helaine wondered what Valdemar possibly wanted with him. He would probably be delighted that Mara had come along, becuase he could torment Master Skywalker with her.

Watching the sun sink too fast behind the mountains, Helaine fought back a shudder. Valdemar liked the dark, lurking in shadows where it was easiest to hide. He was also a coward, never choosing to fight fairly. His opponents were bound, and already emotionally drained by losing their connection to the Force. And the purges.

While darkness consumed the light, Helaine rose from her seat with the others, then donned her camouflaged clothing in the room she shared with Mirax. Master Skywalker was wearing his Jedi Robes and uniform, making himself the perfect target. Little was said when the group again met in the living room, and when Helaine, Mirax and Ganner left to give husband and wife some time alone.

Still inside the suite, Mara folded her arms. ?You better be careful, Skywalker.?
    Smiling, Luke walked toward her, touching her cheek. ?I will be.? He paused, gently stroking her cheek with his palm, staring deeply into her green eyes. ?What did I do to deserve such a beautiful wife??

?You don?t,? Mara informed him, stepping into his embrace and wrapping her arms around his neck. ?But I?ll put up with you.? She rose up on her toes, kissing his lips.

Luke wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up to him, deepening Mara?s kiss. Mara allowed it to linger only a few moments before quickly drawing away. Luke tried to pull her back, but she moved out of his reach. ?If we don?t quit now, we won?t.?

Sighing, Luke said, ?It sounds like a much funner way to spend the night.?

?And an easy way to get shot by Mirax.? Mara pointed

12. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **to Lainey** You go girl!!!

**to Luney** You go too girl!!! Almost done with the story, I'm so proud of you :)

(And well on your way with the sequel, that's even more impressive ;))

13. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    holy cow! what's going to happen to them now?

Jez

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    My, you posted a lot. Nice cliffie too.

*joins Luney with evil laughter*

15. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Nice post, Luney.

Nothing like a lecture to the bad guy to stall him a little bit. ;)

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999

Sache8: Well thank you Handmaiden... but are you SURE it's an accomplishment to have so much work done on the sequel, when I am co-authoring with Mely? THe girl writes fast ;)

Jez_3-14159265358979: *shrugs* You guess is as good as mine ;)

RebelMom: Thanks :-D

DarthLothi: Well thank you Lothi-Baby... and Valdemar has been asking for a lecture for quite some time ;)

17. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Oooh, suspense...melikes!

18. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    WOW. I've only gotten about half way through it, and now I have to get off the computer cuz I need to eat before I leave, but WOW!

And I'll give you proper feedback when I've finished. ;)

Sarah >^,,^<

19. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    SWEET!
    WONDERFUL!

:)

20. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    He's so evil.... Hopefully Corran will get to lay the smackdown on him... heh heh heh [face_devil]

J_J

21. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    This is an exceptional story. Lainey is a remarkable character.

Did I hear correctly, there's going to be a sequel??? :)

~Lelila~

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999

Zara_Rose: Thanks :D

Sarah_K: lol! Thanks... I hate to bombard you with m ore, but I am ending the story today ;)

jade51999: Thanks :)

Jedi_Johnson: lol! Maybe ;)

Admiral_Lelila: Thanks *beams* And yes... there is a sequel, I have some loose ends I need to tie up *coughArmandcough* ;)

And, my most sincere apologies to anyone who isn't all the way caught up... I am putting up the end of the story and Epilogue right now... so my story is completed! *sniff* I'll miss writing it, but I already have my hands full with the sequel, that shall be cowritten with Mely. Tis entitled: Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order

Anywho... on with the story!

Corran Horn stiffened the moment he heard Valdemar's voice over the intercom. His fists clenched when he heard what Valdemar had said about luring him to them, and anger stirred in his heart when he heard the pain in Lainey's voice. He'd come alright, but where? He threaded his way through the mass of corpses, looking for another door, when he felt Mara's touch through the Force. Their connection wasn't as strong as his and Lainey's, so he didn't get exactly words from her, but their meaning was clear enough.

Mara was first sending support, and that they'd already ran into two more of Valdemar's people, and had quickly stunned them. They had heard Valdemar's announcement as well, and were debating what to do. Valdemar continued to talk to Lainey, and she was still refusing to scream. Corran knew it would only get worse until she did, but he was proud of his apprentice's courage. Mara wanted to know his location, but he didn't have the strength in the Force yet to send her an image.

He found a door while conversing with her though, and noticed that the voices were much louder from there. He informed Mara that he thought he'd found them. Pushing the door opener button, the door slid open, revealing a large room with a carbonite freezing chamber in the back, and a wide open area in front, where Valdemar faced Lainey who was bound to a chair. Holding a lightsaber to her neck, Valdemar turned his head to smile at Corran. "Welcome, Master Jedi."

Lainey looked up at him, her dark blue eyes clouded with pain. She just nodded to him, unwilling to open her mouth for fear of screaming. Corran glared at Valdemar's smile, raising his blaster. "Release her."

Valdemar shook his head, moving the blade deeper against her throat so that it drew blood. "You're at a disadvantage, Master Jedi. You see, life to me is merely a game, one that must be lost some day. Whether it is sooner or later, matters very little to me." He paused. "But to people like you, it is a game that must be fought with every piece of your being, drawn out until you are too crippled to move. Every player must stay till the end, especially those you care for." He cocked his head. "You may shoot me, Master Jedi, but I will take your padawan with me."

"Why?" Corran asked. "If your life and hers matter so little to you?"

Shrugging slightly, Valdemar replied, "Every little bit counts." His dark gray eyes roamed over Lainey. "She's pretty, isn't she?" Using his free hand he started to stroke her hair. "Young, soft, so full of life." He looked back at Corran. "It'd be a shame to cut up her pretty little face, wouldn't it?" Valdemar turned back to her, his tone turning thoughtful. He moved his hand down to the side of her face, using his thumb to stroke the skin beneath her eyes. "I'd start with her eyes, such beautiful windows to her soul, but much too defiant."

Corran felt white hot anger surge through his veins, but remained calm, knowing that Valdemar's comments were aimed at him, to make him mad, and do something stupid. And he wouldn't. Mustering up all the strength he had in the Force, he sent the image of Valdemar holding the lightsaber to Lainey's neck, urging Mara to distract him.

Receiving the image, Mara took a moment to think over the situation, p

23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Dun-dun-DUUUUUNNNNN.....

::applauds:: Well done, Luney. Congratz.

24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    *claps*
    Wow, it's done.

25. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    The sun began to rise as the flames engulfed the shadows of a past, long forgotten, that would now be forever remembered.

**sniff** That was a beautiful last sentence. I loved, loved, loved it :)

Yay, congratulations on this wonderful story Luney!