main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    We understand. ;)

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    <omnivous voice> We all do</omnivous voice> :p

3. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Slight blockage?? :eek: Oh NO!

Sarah >^,,^<

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    Good SWF1000 ;) I don;t believe you McClain... Horrifying, isn't it Sarah? I don't know what my problem is, though I am very very busy staring at the chapter. I think I know w here to take it... maybe.

Oh Chapter 6 is all finished and ready to go...

5. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Well I was able to climb over my block and send Chapter 7 off the Mommy! So you guys can have Chapter 6! (I hope it may bring some people out of the Bermuda Triangle ;))

Chapter 6
    Imperial City, Coruscant

Night on Coruscant was far from dark, even though no stars peeked out from the heavy cloud of pollution. Thousands of lights pierced the darkness of night, showing Imperial City to be a very active city, even at night. And people say the city of Theed never sleeps. Armand Naberrie thought to himself, as he peered out his small room's window. Taren Lunceford and his wife Nadine, were more than hospitable. They owned a large hotel situated right next to the Imperial Palace's spaceport, and had offered him, Dor and his guards all separate rooms, despite the fact that they filled up the rest of the very popular hotel's room.

Armand had been surprised to find out that Taren was actually Nubian, having been stranded on Coruscant at the time of Naboo's supposed destruction. He was forced to make a living working as a bellhop at the Mayan, and slowly worked his way up to the top, picking up a beautiful wife on the way. He'd been devastated by his home world's supposed destruction, but still remained fiercely loyal to Naboo, or rather, its memory.

So, when Armand's father, King Richard, contacted with him over a month ago, he had been ecstatic, to say the least, and more than willing to help. He'd vacated security positions in his hotel to make room for Armand's guards, and had used his connections to get Armand a supervising job at the Palace's spaceport, where he would be able to run into the NR's higher-ups, and observe them. Dor was given no job other than that of playing Armand's great uncle.

Everything was going perfectly except...

His door slid open, letting Dor Sceran in. "Your Highness."

That. Dor couldn't seem to call him anything else but Your Highness, and his guards were no better. Even Taren had taken to it, though only in private. Armand didn't turn around. "You're going to have to stop calling me that, Dor."

"Only in public," Dor stepped further into the room. "I do not believe I have had the chance to tell you how much I disapprove of your working."

Armand sighed, turning to face his old Governor. "I believe you have," He said smoothly. "Twice now."

"Well," Dor scratched his full head of gray hair. "There is no harm in mentioning it once more."

Shaking his head,. Armand sat down on the large bed. "Go ahead."

"Well," Dor stood to face his Prince. "First of all, work such as this is far below your stature, and unbefitting a Prince."

"Which is what makes it such a good disguise," Armand commented, ignoring the disapproving look Dor gave him. "Go on."

"Second, do you have any idea how dirty that Spaceport is? You'll ruin all your clothes, come home stinking, and pick up on words that would burn even Lady Priscilla's ears."

Armand grinned. "I'll get an education." He winked at Dor. "Anything else?"

Dor's mouth dropped, raising his arms in horror. "You've developed snippy mouth! Dear Force, this wretched world has already had a bad influence on you!"

Armand covered his mouth to hide a snicker. He cleared his throat, composing himself. "Relax, Dor." He soothed, his dark brown eyes sparkled. "I promise to be good for the New Republic Hierarchy."

Next Morning
    Imperial Palace Spaceport, Docking Bay 12

"Hey old girl," Han Solo said, lovingly patting the Falcon's hull. "They been treating you right here?"

"Um... Dad?" Jacen asked, giving his father a weird look.

"Yes?" Han asked.

"You're talking to the Falcon."

Han stared at him. "So?"

Jacen smirked. "Does she talk back?"

"Sometimes," Han said defensively. "When she feels like it."

Jacen rolled his eyes. Why was it that whenever his Dad wanted to spend quality time with his sons, they ended up working on the Falcon? Maybe becau

6. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Well, it looks like Han and Armand are really hitting it off! :p
    I liked Jacen's insights into the way Armand acted and carried himself. He might think he's got a great disguise, but one person at least saw right through him. :)

Lunetta and Sarah, I am so envious! I'm an only child and I've always wanted to know what it would be like to have a brother or sister. Fortunately, I have plenty of cousins, but...it's not quite the same. :)
    ('Course, being an only does have its perks. [face_mischief] )

7. HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE

HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2001
    Great Story!!!!

I love it, so much I going to keep reading.

So keep posting.

8. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    LOL! Han impresses another person of royal birth by treating them less than royally. I wonder if they'll ever realize they're distantly related by marriage? I'm sure Helaine might catch the link between Skywalker and Naberrie...

And nice mush scenes. :D Sorry I missed replying to that one. My schedule doesn't allow me to read all my favorite fics on a daily basis. :( But I do catch up. :)

9. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    look luney i finally switched out of my lazy mode and read!!! :D

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT mush scenes! i never knew Corran was such a sweetie...and Luke! [face_love] oh i could just fight mara for him!

Han's had his experience with royalty--this certainly isn't his last ;) i wonder if Jacen will uncover Armand's cover?

oh, and--AHEM--when will the lovely Helaine meet up with the handsome prince charming? ;) ;)

10. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Naberrie......Naberrie..... I haven't heard that name in a long time.....a long time........

:) Good Post

11. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Now I REALLY like Arman!! Not only does he have (to roughly quote Red in Shawshank Redemption) 'A quiet way about him... a walk and a talk that you don't see much around here', but when faced with different treatment ('kid', etc.) he didn't act proud and uppity.

I also liked the way he got on Han's good side by being diplomatic, humble and humerous. Even if Jacen CAN spot him, he's doing a really good job so far. :)

Excelent work!

Sarah >^,,^<

12. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
  13. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Great post lunetta! I definantly like this Armand guy! His attitude is something different, unique you might say.

Though he still is a... kid. ;) Very funny!

Cannot wait for more!

14. sith_lady17

sith_lady17 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2001
    I just found this thread... Good story! I can't wait for more! ;)

15. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    *Herman de-lurks once again, praying that luney doesn't do something painful to him for not reading and posting more often.*

16. ganner_rhysode

ganner_rhysode Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 7, 2001
    Just read this...what can I say other than WOW...keep up the great work...how about more real soon...?

17. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Just found this story and it is a beauty.

18. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Yay!!! :D That post was WONDERFUL Lunettastandingonherheaduntilshegetsoverherwritersblock!!! :D Heheh, Dor was great in a stuffy sorta way. LOL when Armand met Han - of course he's going to be impressed! Han is so unlike everything he's been exposed to!

I liked how Jacen noticed the deception, wonder when/if he'll figure it out!

Looking forward to more! :D

19. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yay! A new post! It was very good, Luney! Keep it up!

20. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    The prince and the smuggler. Very nice.

21. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Princess Sari: Han seems to have that effect on Royals. ;) It's pretty hard to hide ones princely nature, especially from Jedi. ;) I love having so many siblings, I already have 3 nieces and a nephew, wahoo! (From one sister ;))

HIM_EMPRESS_RENEE: Thanks HER! I am glad you like it, and I shall, of course keep posting... when I feel like it ;)

Padawan_Di-Lee: Han even impresses another Naberrie, no doubt. ;) Yes Helaine probably would catch it, or even Armand himself. I understand on the posting thing, I get that way too!

Vergere: I am very proud of you Vergie! Isn't it interesting what you learn about characters through the eyes of a fanfic author? ;) I might let Jacen get that information ;), And who says Armand and Helaine meet???

Jedi_Liz: Thanks! You quoting Obi-Dearest there? ;)

Sarah_K: Thanks! I rather like the way Armand's developing, he had undergone many different personalities before I first wrote him in ;)

starwarsfan1000: THanks :D

Jaded Skywalker: Everyone's a kid to Han ;) Thanks :D

sith_lady17:Glad you found it! :D I'll post more sometime! ;)

Herman Snerd: I am debating which medieval torture to use on you in this thread. ;) I don't know that I can forgive you... muahaha

ganner_rhysode:Glad you found this too! THanks! There will be more sometime! ;)

padawan3:Good to see you here! THanks for stopping by and posting!

Gimpyinabowlofricechasingdoraroundshoutingcorreliancurses: Yes Dor is a bit stuffy.. but can you blame him? ;) Han is different than I think most anyones been exposed to. ;) Jacen reads people very well, he may or may not find out. ;)

Darth McClain:Thanks McClainster! I shall keep it up, as long as my muse allows! ;)

MariahJade2: Good pairing eh? ;) Thanks :D

There shall be more once I can finish Chapter 8! (which has an exploding ego alert.)

22. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Drat! I knew de-lurking was too risky. Now I must find a hiding spot to escape Snarketta's evil intentions. [face_mischief]

23. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Hiding can only make things worse Hermie... It only gives me more time to think evil thoughts. ;)

24. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!:) You know I love it, and you should also know that I want to see more. So . . . WHERE IS IT;) And I think you should know, that I don't just mean here at the JC;)

25. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    I say they meet! ;)