main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    *sneaks in to up*

2. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    Nice way to wrap it up, Luney. I really liked the last line, and the way the epilogue sets us up for more.

Great story, and deserving of the accolades it's gotten.

3. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    %#^#&$*$ double post...

4. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Wow it's done! very nice ending PL.

Jez

5. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    *sniffle* Beautiful ending, Lunerbeam. I loved the "It's Lainey" line. And Lainey's thoughts while looking at Master Caine's body... :( Oooh, and a nice creepy epilogue to end it all.

A perfect ending to a fantastic story! Can't wait for the sequel! :)

6. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I can't believe its over..... Great work Luney. Wow.

J_J

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    great posts!

Nice ending!

But I don't remember where it said Mara was pregnant before the second to last post...... :confused:

8. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Sorry I'm late! :D

Wonderful story, lunetta! But are we going to get to see everything resolved between Lainey and Armand? You just left it hanging!

Great way to bring it to a close however. :)

9. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    It's so hard to believe the first part is over... But what an ending!! :eek:

It was incredibly well-written all the way through (which is getting to be such a norm for you that all my feedback begins to sound distinctly repetitive...)! The fight was well conceived, and I really liked the way you included everyone in the end. Besides that, it included both action (lightsabers, blasters and vibro-blades OH MY!), and also some of the more tricky aspects of facing up to danger; such as Lainey's forced confrontation with her former master, and Corran's padawan-shaped bait.

The description was amazing! A little macabre at times (what dusty corner of your mind produced all those corpses?? Or don?t I want to know?), but excellent. Especially the final scene with the smoke in the distance from the detonated hide-out, and Helaine (correction: LAINEY *oh yeah*) watching it in the sunrise? *sighs happily* The last line made it perfect. :)

A side note: Mara was definitely the only woman for Luke Skywalker; ditto for Corran and Mirax, AND (hint hint) Armand and Lainey! Some people just have to be together in order to survive life. ;)

And speaking of our favorite heroine and her guy: must see that sequel!! The epilogue (which is normally supposed to wrap up the loose ends of a story) only gave your readers -- of which I am one -- a reason to worry!!! Whoever this villain is... well... he isn't nice. REALLY not nice. And it seems that, between the villain himself and all his allies, he has it in for just about every person we care anything about! Why can't any of these Evil Personages have grudges against Kyp for a change?? ?[face_plain] :p

Kudos, Lainey! Bravo! Act I was a complete success, and whatever the worry it may cause me, I'm most definitely in for Act II. Your title alone is most intriguing! ;)

See ya!

Sarah >^,,^<

10. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999

Sebulba2179: Thanks for the reply and great sound effects ;)

RebelMom: Thanks Mummy! Couldn't adone it without ya! (This is my...fourth completed fanfic :-D)
    Sache8: Thanks Handmaiden mine, I came up with that line before writing the ending ;)

DarthLothi: Thanks Lothibaby, *flushes*

Jez_3-14159265358979: Thanks :) (Tis Luney ;))

DarthSnuggles1121: Thanks Fuzzybottomedballoffluff! The sequel should be soon and up and coming... or something like that ;)

Jedi_Johnson: Thanks :)

Jedi_Liz: Thanks girlie, and Mara tells Lukie in a post shortly after the State Dinner:

Smiling, Luke crossed the apartment to meet her. "Good news I trust?"

Mara cocked her head. "Depends on how you look at it, Skywalker." She stepped into him, took his right hand and pressed it to her abdomen. "Somehow, you've managed to do it again."

"Mara," Luke said hoarsely, his heart swelling with joy. Using his left hand, Luke drew her closer to him, pressing his lips to hers. Guided by Mara's return kiss and response to his Force touch, Luke sought out the presence of the new baby. Still a tiny cluster of cells, Luke couldn't tell whether it was a boy or girl. Regardless, he thought of the baby as she, and was sure he could feel her try to return his touch.

Breaking off the kiss, Mara looked up into Luke's eyes. "You thought Ben was a girl too."

"True," Luke agreed, running his hand up her back. "But this time I'm right."

"How can you be so sure?" Mara asked skeptically.

"Call it fatherly intuition," Luke replied, kissing her.
    Remember? ;)

JediKnight-Obi-Wan: Well, late is better than never! ;) Glad to seest thou again! As for Lainey and Armand... well, we'll just have to see what happens to them in the sequel, Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order ;) (quite a mouthful...hehehe)

Sarah_K: Ah, my novelist reviewer! ;) Thanks ;)

The description was amazing! A little macabre at times (what dusty corner of your mind produced all those corpses?? Or don?t I want to know?), *looks innocent*

The description was amazing! A little macabre at times (what dusty corner of your mind produced all those corpses?? Or don?t I want to know?), but excellent. Especially the final scene with the smoke in the distance from the detonated hide-out, and Helaine (correction: LAINEY *oh yeah*) watching it in the sunrise? *sighs happily* The last line made it perfect. *flushes*

A side note: Mara was definitely the only woman for Luke Skywalker; ditto for Corran and Mirax, AND (hint hint) Armand and Lainey! Some people just have to be together in order to survive life. If I remember correctly, Lainey surivived over sixty years without Armand, and he surivived 18 nearly 19 without her ;)

And speaking of our favorite heroine and her guy: must see that sequel!! The epilogue (which is normally supposed to wrap up the loose ends of a story) only gave your readers -- of which I am one -- a reason to worry!!! Whoever this villain is... well... he isn't nice. REALLY not nice. lol! Well, I can tell you that he was in SHadows, and even called by name! ;)

Why can't any of these Evil Personages have grudges against Kyp for a change?? How would I get my readers to care about my characters if I did that?! ;)

Thanks for reading everyone so far, and there IS more of Lainey in Red Flightby Rebelmom, which takes place about a year and a half after Shadows.

Then, of course, the sequel, Why Love Was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order, which takes place two years after Shadows, and hopefully truly explains the title. ;)

11. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    ~lunetta~

Wonderful story.

The Epilogue was phenomenal.

I'm looking forward reading the sequel.

~Lelila~

12. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    eek! It's over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL DONE!! Very creepy epilogue. I know I'LL be reading the sequel.

YAY mushymaster! :D

13. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    AWW I can't believe its done!

How sad!

but makes me happy to know there will be a sequal :)

i'll look for it :)

time to go to work now :)

Lunetta that was absolutly fabulous..great job!

14. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Whoa- that was crazy! Glad to see it's done Luney- nice job
    --Rogue

15. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Admiral_Lelila: Thanks, the sequel is up! :D

TheBiggerFish: Eek! Yes, it is! ;) Thanks, the sequel is up in all it's wonderfullness ;)

jade51999: Awwwww yes, it is. Lol, thanks ;)

ROGUE_49: Thanks :)

The sequel is up! :-D

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order

16. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
  17. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Oh, melikes, melikes, melikes!!! Can't wait for the sequel. I hope Lainey and Armand get back together. And that epilogue was creepy.

18. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Zara.. the sequel's up :)

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    nice postie! can't wait for sequel!

20. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanks Jaina... and, it is already up ;)

21. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
  22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *blinks* You a lurker.... menilma?

23. Jedi-Jae

Jedi-Jae Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2001
    Well, it took a little time, but I did catch up and finish...

Great job, Luney - a wonderful ending to a wonderful story, and certainly deserving of the praise it's gotten. I have started reading the sequel, and will try to be more diligent about posting there.

24. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Just did a second marathon-run. Just as good the second time around ;)

Up :)

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Wow, thanks Jae :-D *beams*

This is the 1500th post...awesome ;)