main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shadows of the Future: TPM, Time-travel AU- Obi/Ani/Qui bonding- complete, 6/6!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stormqueen874, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Wonderful work! =D=

And he snored.
    Dear Force did he snore.

[face_laugh] I love all the little memories and background information you stuck in. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have history! A very believable relationship and that's what makes this story so strong, in my opinion. What gives it meaning. The strong relationships. :)

He felt like he was bleeding, grief eating away at his very flesh, gnawing down to his bones and sinking its fangs into his heart.

Wow! Beautifully worded sentence! His grief takes on a life of its own. *shivers*

My favorite part was when Obi-Wan looked in the mirror. His reaction - shock, disbelief, suspicion, mirthless laughter, maybe even momentary madness - was perfectly executed, and the way the room started spinning around him... The way you worded it, I felt like the room was spinning around me. =D=

You are a truly gifted writer, my friend. [:D]

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    WOW - that was intense.

I loved Obi-Wan's reactions when he woke up, although I did expect him to be overjoyed to see Qui-Gon again, it makes more sense that he'd think he was trapped in some strange dream.

I can't wait to see what happens when he wakes up again.

Great update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Hah!

Poor Obi-Wan, thinks he's gone insane! Not that I don't blame him... I'd probably be banging my head against the wall for good measure if I was in the poor guy's shoes. And Qui-Gon... heh, doesn't know what to think. I love this story! I'm so glad I found it. Do you think you could add me to your PM list? Thanks so much!

4. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    I will have to add this to my favorites list. Please put me on the PM list. I look forward to where this is headed.

5. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Great chapter, Stormqueen!

Dear Force did he snore. Most of the time it wasn?t so bad, but there had been one night early into his apprenticeship that Qui-Gon had seriously considered giving up being a Master just so he could get away from the racket. Missions were made difficult when the nightly soundproofing Qui-Gon placed around his oblivious apprentice failed ?which thankfully happened only once in a while, and he had since taught Obi-Wan how to reinforce them properly. The noise was so terrible, that Qui-Gon always somewhat guiltily looked forward to negotiation missions that held the promise of distantly separated rooms.

*chuckle* I liked that little detail. Made me laugh!

You did a great job with the Anakin/Padme/Qui-Gon interaction. I loved the knowing glances that Qui-Gon would toss her way as he answered the ?Queen?s? questions. Made for a nice layer of additional tension.

Of course, the best part about this post is the expert way you?ve pulled me into Obi-Wan?s disorientation. It all feels dreamlike (nightmarish, even) and unsettling. I love the complete and absolute denial that he displays! I don?t know how I?d react if I suddenly found myself face-to-face with my former padawan and brother who had just tried to kill me but is now a 9 year old child and my former master who I watched die is sitting beside me. But I imagine denial would be one of those reactions. :p ;)

Great job!

6. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    I feel for Obi on this one! If I had gone thru what he had over those years... I'd be as disbelieving as he is.

Also Qui must be really worried about Obi, his Padawan speaking like that and talking as if he's known Anakin for a while. Now that was funny! Poor kid got confused on that one! [face_laugh]

Another well written chapter! : D

7. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Oh, brilliant! [face_laugh] I love snoring Obi.
    I can't even imagine what Obi's going through right now. But it sure as sent him off the deep end. 8-}
    And it was as usual written brilliantly so that I couldn't stop reading till the post was over. =D==D= =D=
    I can't wait for more. Thanks for the PM, I eagerly await the next one. ;)

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wow - I loved all the attention to detail in this...obi sleeps like a child...aw, that was a nice touch...and the snoring! [face_laugh] ...you wrote Qui wonderfully.

I really felt for poor Obi when he woke up :( ...

Great update...more soon please! =D=

9. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    I am sure glad I stumbled upon this story!

The possibilites of what could happen are practically endless, now that Obi-Wan has gained this new 'knowledge', how will this affect his relationship with Qui-Gon, Anakin, and the Jedi at large?

Well, only one way to find out!

Can't wait to read more, stormqueen.:D

P.S. Would you be so kind as to adding me to your PM list? Thank you.:)

10. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Holy cow, I should probably take care of these replies before I get any more, huh? *cracks knuckles* Here we go!

CherryLightsaber: Howdy, Cherry! You got a reply in even before I managed to send out PMs; I was stunned, to say the least, and incredibly happy! :D

Wow, I loved Obi-Wan?s reactions when he finally woke up.

I?m so glad! You have no idea how worried I was when I first wrote that scene, simply because I was afraid I made it too crazy. But honestly, how else would you react? I figured it?d be rather unbelievable any other way.

Anyway, I?ll be sure to keep you posted with updates!

JediMormon: Hello again, MJ! I?m glad you?re enjoying the story! *grins*

Is Obi-Wan going to try and play off the stuff he said as part of a vision or is he going to withdraw into himself?

That?s the question, isn?t it? You?re going to have to read and find out!

I liked his reaction to waking up and slamming his head on the bulkhead, especially Anakin and Qui-Gon's reactions afterwards, they were decent.

Thanks! I had fun writing that scene; it isn?t every day you get to do something like that. I?ll be sure to keep you posted on updates!

G__Anakin: Thanks! :) I?ll be sure to keep you on the PM list!

bibphile: Wow, what an in-depth review; I?m flattered that you took the time to write one!

I like this. It nicely shows what Qui-Gon knows from being with Obi-Wan for so many years. Plus you wrote the bit about Obi-Wan snoring in a very amusing fashion.

Thanks! A lot of the little tidbits I added purely on the spur of the moment with the hopes that it would add to their history and be funny, as you can?t have things tense all the time. Glad you liked it!

Not that praise made him arrogant (he actually turned humble under praise) but that he needed that reassurance "they like me; they're glad to have me here." I'm not sure if I'm making sense but I did like this line.

I agree completely; you made complete sense! Personally I see Anakin as somewhat of a lost child- I feel like he?s always fighting to fit in and have people like him; he really just wants to be accepted and loved, which is one of the most human emotions. I explore this idea throughout most of the fic, how the death of Qui-Gon really threw him into a world that didn?t know him and vice versa, and all the implications that had. It makes me happy to see this because it means that perhaps my ideas on him aren?t so far off after all!

I don't doubt he'll be that way in a couple of months but I wouldn't expect Anakin to eat "as much as possible" at this point. I was left with the impression that Shmi and Anakin had to be careful with their food supply and that while they had enough to eat there was no "keep eating once you weren't hungry" because if you did you might run out.

Hm, that?s a good point. When I wrote this line, I think I was looking at it from the perspective that if Anakin (even though he?s still getting used to his new situation) were faced with a buffet and told he could eat as much as he wanted, that he would do so, because as you said, food with him and Shmi was scarce. I suppose I ought to have made that distinction clearer? Well, it?s something to consider if I ever tinker with this again!

That really doesn't sound like Anakin to me. I think he'd be more they type to sneak out to the under levels, collect components, and then make his own droids (like he did in the books). Of course he'd still break rules and manage to irritate someone. But I just don't see him messing with other people's stuff or deliberately making a droid not work right. It's fixing things that he finds therapeutic. Of course there is always the possibility of modifications and malfunctions.

I think this is just a difference of interpretation on a character; I personally see Anakin as both a builder/fixer and someone who likes to tinker so he can create something new or make improvements. I based him a bit on stories of my dad at that age, who would take things

11. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    All right everyone! Here's chapter three for your enjoyment! Before we get underway, just a quick housekeeping thing: the current PM list! Please let me know if you wish to be removed or added, all right?

-Meredith_Kenobi
    -G__Anakin
    -Neinna_Narmolanya
    -kenobiwanobi
    -Kynstar
    -KELIA
    -Darth_Abtranor
    -Layren
    -Kestrel_Kenobi
    -CherryLightsaber
    -EGKenobi
    -Sounderwan
    -JediMormon
    -Fifilla
    -__Sithspawn__
    -bek
    -Lea-El
    -Ara-gon
    -rabideuphonium
    -Ocelotl_Nesto
    -AP4EVER

Qui-Gon raced forward when Obi-Wan collapsed for the second time that day, his crazed laughter still echoing in the area. Qui-Gon reached forward to grab the hand that stretched upwards and knelt beside Obi-Wan as his mirth died, the padawan's blue-green eyes drifting shut.

Before any words could be exchanged, the young man lapsed into unconsciousness.

?Could visions really upset him like this??

Qui-Gon looked up at Anakin, who had slid off the sleep couch to stand beside him in the narrow ?fresher unit. His young face wrinkled in a deep frown as he stared down at the Obi-Wan, and he glanced up when he felt Qui-Gon?s gaze, the boy?s blue eyes bright with concern.

?I wish I could say for certain, Ani,? he said before gathering Obi-Wan into his arms and moving him back onto the sleep couch. ?His reaction is unlike any I?ve ever encountered. Yes, Obi-Wan has been disturbed by a vision before, but he?s never been??

?Crazy?? Anakin supplied, raising his eyebrows, and Qui-Gon frowned in response.

?I was going to say hysterical.?

?Oh,? Anakin said before frowning as well. ?Isn?t that pretty much the same thing??

?Not necessarily,? Qui-Gon replied, reaching out to brush away the tear trails on Obi-Wan?s cheeks.

What did you see, my padawan, that would trouble you so horribly? he thought, part of him clenching in fear. What could make you so frantic?

?What do you think happened? Why didn?t he know who you were?? Anakin asked, interrupting his thoughts. Qui-Gon leaned back after sitting down on the chair.

?I?m afraid I only have suspicions, Ani,? he said, frowning a little.

?But he said you were dead,? Anakin whispered, his eyes going wide. ?Do you think he saw your death? Would that upset him like this??

Qui-Gon paused at that. It fit, in a strange way, and he found himself hoping that Obi-Wan really wouldn?t be driven to delirium when it came time for Qui-Gon to die. Everyone died eventually, after all. It was part of living; being a Jedi meant accepting that. It was written right into their Code.

Qui-Gon certainly didn?t expect Obi-Wan to be happy in the event of his death; Qui-Gon knew the pain of loss all too well. But there had been something more to Obi-Wan?s reaction, something that didn?t fit with Anakin?s suggestion. Perhaps it was the strength of the shields Obi-Wan had pulled up; perhaps it was the way he had dissolved into that frenzy of confusion.

Something in him has changed. He almost didn?t seem like Obi-Wan anymore, he thought, folding his arms over his chest and tapping a finger against his arm slightly.

?Doesn?t that scare you at all?? Anakin whispered. Qui-Gon glanced up, thinking for a moment as he worked to remember the question, and he gave the boy a small smile.

?Obi-Wan has had many visions over the years, Ani,? he said, watching the boy frown slightly. ?And the one thing they?ve taught me is how mutable the future can be, so you?ll have to forgive me when I don?t start leaping at shadows.?

Anakin laughed a little, though Qui-Gon could sense a shroud of unease clinging to the boy, who continued to watch Obi-Wan.

?What?s wrong, Ani?? he asked, tilting his head to one side slightly, and the boy fidgeted a little. ?Please don?t let this upset you. I?m sure that Obi-Wan is fine, and once he has a chance to recover, he?ll be back to normal.?

Anakin nodded a little, and though his disquiet lessened, Qui-Gon could tell he was still unnerved by something. Perhaps he somehow sensed that Qui-Gon had doubts about the statement

12. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    *squeals*

stormqueen: Stop it!

*continues squealing*

stormqueen: Stop, or I'll stop writing!

*stops squealing*

I still remember that reply you gave to one of my old fics. I had quite a laugh from it. :D I like how the interaction between Obi and Qui flows quite smoothly. I can't wait until the next one.

?I suppose I ought to congratulate you on your impersonation,? Obi-Wan replied, and Qui-Gon blinked. ?How much did they pay you to completely change your face? It would fool anyone who knew Qui-Gon well, if they weren?t Force-sensitive. You even have his voice right.?

You know, that reminds me of the EU comic where Vader gets an actor to undergo cosmetic surgery and the like to look like Old Ben in order to fool Luke.

?I?m here, padawan,? he said softly, emphasizing his words vocally as well as through the bond. ?It?s all right.?

Awwwwwww......

Shall I see you with the others for evening meal??

?Yeah!? the boy replied enthusiastically, and grinned as she bowed to them and left.

Uh-oh, it's Darth Nihilus Jr.! Run, or he'll consume us all! (goes on to repeat "consume us all" for one minute)

Fantastic work!

13. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Impressive...most impressive.

Loved Obi-Wan's continuing disorientation; and the lovely angst, and the hint of mush. So Obi-Wan is still the only one who knows it was real - come to think of it, real is a point of view. Ever ask a crazy person?

Now I wonder what he's going to do. Is he going to try and get his point across or try to change things this time around? I'm hoping for the former, though both are nice.

Very interesting, and did I mention awesome? I can't wait for the next post.

14. rabideuphonium

rabideuphonium Jedi Master star 1

Oct 29, 2005
    Oooh, very nice!

I'm simply in love with this story! Qui-Gon's frustrations, Anakin's usual pestery self, and Obi-Wan being completely whacko just has this strange appeal to it! I can't wait to see if Qui-Gon is able to squeeze the truth out of Obi-Wan. Sure would have some nice angst to it! Thanks bunches for the PM!

-rabeuph

15. JediMormon

JediMormon Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2006
    Another great update! So Obi-Wan thought he was Vader's prisoner eh? Glad that Qui-Gon was able to disbunk that theory fairly quickly. His reaction once he found out it wasn't a trick was very well done, I liked it a lot. It was smart of Obi-Wan to get some time to meditate and sort out his thoughts because very soon he's going to have some explaining to do. Also, I liked the little Anakin/Padme conversation you had about Anakin's room as well, it was a nice touch. Looking forward to your next update!

~ The Mormon Jedi

16. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter thanks for the PM

17. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    That was, quite simply, beautiful. Poor Obi-Wan. I loved the way you took him through his gradual reliazation ... the way he thought Qui-Gon was an impersonation and he began to look at the wall for weaknesses ... and the way his calm and collected answers and lightsabre style reminded him of a Council member. Gorgeous. Love those little details. [face_love]

Marvelous update. This is only making me thirst for more. :D

18. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Wow - great chapter! =D=
    Finally Obi-Wan realised that it's not some weird joke but the reality... but I think he really should tell Qui-Gon what's happening!
    Please update soon, can't wait for more!

Thanks for the PM! :)

19. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Anakin is so full of questions. Qui-Gon doesn't seem annoyed though. Maybe because those question arise out of genuine concern.

I think it's a nice touch that you had Padme put Anakin in the maintenance bay. He'd like that and she knows it.

The whole scene between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon when Obi-Wan woke up is nice. I especially like Qui-Gon noticing the lack of choppiness in Obi-Wan's form. It nicely shows the subtle changes thirteen years can bring. It's nice to see things like that. It would be easy to forget them in all the big changes. Obi-Wan's reaction when he realized it really was Qui-Gon was beautiful. I also like the bit with Obi-Wan saying that Qui-Gon had said he was ready for his trials. It makes sense that he wouldn't remember exactly when things were said or would for get when if he wasn't thinking. All this did happen thirteen years ago.

Well Obi-Wan did declare that Padme was pregnant the way he declared that Qui-Gon was dead and Anakin was twenty-two. (Can't you just see her reaction that that? :)) He seems to be regaining a little steadiness.

And the bit about Obi-Wan starting his meditations so quickly so that Qui-Gon can't question him is a nice touch.

One again you've left me eager for more.

20. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006

OW: "why aren't you pregnant?" or "what happened to the baby?" ::cackles madly:: - well, that one would have been just a little out there, and Obi-wan is working on figuring things out now. Still, can't you see everyone else's reactions? Or whatever Qui-Gon says to Padme to smooth the situation?

QG:"My padawan had a disturbing vision"
    Padme: "Of me pregnant?"

I'm enjoying the story. I'm hoping that eventually Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon will sit and talk about what happened and Obi-Wan will at least tell him he's Obi from the future. Though there's tons of story potential in him keeping it a secret and trying to handle everything on his own, too.

21. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ah, so now Obi-Wan realizes he's gone back in time.

The poor guy - I'm amazed he handled it so well.

I hope he confides in Qui-Gon.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

22. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    I truly love this story. This is incredible. I'm very interested to see where this goes. Will you be covering the first three films? (Episode I to III) If so then, it'd be a fantastic saga.

Keep up the superlative work.

EG

23. Ara-gon

Ara-gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 31, 2005
    I'm just dying for Obi-Wan to tell Qui-Gon the whole story. It would be such an incredible burden to try to bear the whole thing by himself.

The whole post was beautifully written!

24. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Wow!! that was exhausting just reading. Can anyone say adrenaline rush?

I love that you take the time to work out all the thought processes and emotions.

I love the start meditating now and he won't be able to ask anymore questions.

I thought for a minute Obi-Wan was going to call her Queen and the stare down the handle of the lightsaber:oops:[face_shame_on_you]

Good work.
    =D==D==D==D=

Thanks for the PM@};-

25. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    Whoa. Wow. Amazing. You write Obi and Qui so well - I can hear their voices in my head while I'm reading and everything. [face_dancing]

So Obi's got all these crazy secrets, and all he has to do is spill all to change the future. After all - he knows of Palpatine's true identity. A-a-a-nd he knows what Anakin's gonna do, turning to the dark side and all that jazz. [face_thinking] Interesting. I'm really interested to see where you go with this.

Thankee for the PM. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.