main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shadows of the Future: TPM, Time-travel AU- Obi/Ani/Qui bonding- complete, 6/6!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by stormqueen874, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow I was totally captivated by this particular chapter. I loved Obi-Wan's continued disorientation and thinking that he was a prisoner and his slow realizations that it wasn't an act but that it was all real and how Qui-Gon tried to help him... just adoring how you write Qui-Gon in this [face_love]

I can't wait to see what Obi-Wan does when he has his first talk alone with Anakin. Bet that will be interesting. Excellent job! I'm quite thoroughly enjoying this!

2. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Just fantastic=D=

How confusing must it be for Obi-wan
    a fully grown Master and Council Member
    returning to the body of a Padawan:confused:

and seeing his Dead Master and the Sith Bratkins
    who struck Obi-wan down.[face_worried]

Of course it would Give Obi-wan the creeps.
    No wonder he needs to meditate

Can you add me to your PM list Please

3. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    ?Crazy?? Anakin supplied, raising his eyebrows, and Qui-Gon frowned in response.
    ?I was going to say hysterical.?

:D I love all of the interaction between Qui-Gon and Anakin. So cute and very believable.

And when Obi wakes up... beautifully done! =D= His shock, confusion, and distrust are very convincing, and I love how it was his lightsaber that made him realize this *is* reality, that he is truly in the past. I like how Qui-Gon noticed his style was smoother - great attention to detail!

=D= =D=

4. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    I love how you painted the picture of Obi's confusion!~ The little details about Qui noticing things were a little different with Obi were enjoyable.Thanks for the PM Master I can't wait for more!!!~

5. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Interesting. [face_thinking]

6. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    At last Obi-Wan has gained conscieneness...though, if you asked Ani, his sanity is still questionable.

And it seems that once his meditation is complete, Obi-Wan will recount his visions to Qui-Gon very soon. I wonder if Qui-Gon will decide to immdiately take this up with the council once he hears the whole story? Personally, I think they should wait, but we'll just have to see what he decides.

Plus, I have a feeling that neither of them will clue Anakin in on just what Obi-Wan saw...at least, not until he's older.

:eek: Oh God, I just thought of something...

Since Obi-Wan (and soon Qui-Gon) knows about A&P's future relationship...would he go so far as to try and stop it?...futile as it may be. I sure hope not!

I crave more! Feed me!...*clears throat* I mean, magnificiant post, stormqueen, can't wait to read more.:D

7. ConStar

ConStar Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Hi stormqueen,

what a great story!! Poor Obi - must be awfully difficult to regress to Padawan if you have been a Jedi Master for more than ten years. And then to have your "former" master there nagging you about your "vision", that's enough reason to be a little confused: :p ?You did say I was ready for the trials, Master,? Obi-Wan said then. ?Will you be able to help me when I?m a Knight?? Qui-Gon frowned at that. ?I don?t recall telling you that,? he said, but Obi-Wan remained unruffled. ?You?ve thought it though, I?m sure,? his apprentice said smoothly, and Qui-Gon?s frown deepened when he couldn?t deny it.

I especially love the way you show Qui's frustration - he knows that his padawan is hiding something and wonders about the change in behaviour. Well Obi, think about all the times he had you on the edge of a screaming fit (is that the right term?) with his jedi serenity - could be payback time now, don't you think? ;)

I'm looking forward to read where you will be going with this story. Will Obi-Wan find a way to ensure a different outcome of Anakin's training? Or will there never be a Padawan Skywalker in the first place? I could never understand why so many people see this as a question of either or - either padawan or slave! They could find him a place (perhaps on Naboo) as a pilot or a mechanic, hopefully with his mother to guide him. But enough of this ramblings. [face_blush] This is your story, of course, and I'm very curious how it will be going on.

8. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Wonderful! Such a great read...I loved the chats between Qui and Ani.
    Poor Obi, how very odd to find himself a padawan again! If only he'd told Qui-Gon, but would he believe him? [face_thinking] And now he's alone in a room with Ani [face_worried] ...I have a bad feeling about that.

Great chapter stormqueen...well done =D=

9. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    Wow, I don't think I can express how happy this makes me, seeing people enjoying this fic! :D Anyway, I better get replies done, huh? :)

CherryLightsaber: *is currently cracking up due to Cherry's review* Wow, my dear, did someone get ahold of a year's supply of sugar and eat it all in one day? ;) :p

*squeals*

stormqueen: Stop it!

*continues squealing*

stormqueen: Stop, or I'll stop writing!

*stops squealing*

I still remember that reply you gave to one of my old fics. I had quite a laugh from it. I like how the interaction between Obi and Qui flows quite smoothly. I can't wait until the next one.

[face_laugh] Oh, wow, yes I totally remember that. Maybe I should think twice before I point fingers about getting into too much sugar, huh? I'm glad you're enjoying the interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon; it was certainly interesting to write. It took me a little bit to get their dynamic down, but I'm glad all my rewriting has paid off!

You know, that reminds me of the EU comic where Vader gets an actor to undergo cosmetic surgery and the like to look like Old Ben in order to fool Luke.

LOL- you know, I think that very topic came up when I was researching Obi-Wan's character, so maybe it slipped into my writing subconsciously. That's an interesting comic though; have you read it?

Uh-oh, it's Darth Nihilus Jr.! Run, or he'll consume us all! (goes on to repeat "consume us all" for one minute)

*cracks up all over again* "Destroy us all! Destroy us all! Destroy us all! (etc etc etc)"

And yes, I have seen that show, and episode. What can I say, I'm a kid at heart! :D

Fantastic work!

Thanks! And thanks so much for the review- I really needed a good laugh today!

___Sithspawn___: Hey there! Welcome back!

Impressive...most impressive.

*flips over backwards and summons a lightsaber*

Loved Obi-Wan's continuing disorientation; and the lovely angst, and the hint of mush. So Obi-Wan is still the only one who knows it was real - come to think of it, real is a point of view. Ever ask a crazy person?

Now I wonder what he's going to do. Is he going to try and get his point across or try to change things this time around? I'm hoping for the former, though both are nice.

Thanks! I had to rewrite this part a couple of times to get the pacing and the flow right, but I'm glad my hard work is paying off! As for what he's going to do, I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out. *grins*

Very interesting, and did I mention awesome? I can't wait for the next post.

Aw, thank you! [face_blush] I'll be sure to keep you posted with updates!

rabideuphonium: Hello again! Welcome back!

I'm simply in love with this story! Qui-Gon's frustrations, Anakin's usual pestery self, and Obi-Wan being completely whacko just has this strange appeal to it!

*cracks up* I'm glad the combination isn't driving you away; it's kind of hard to find a good balance between it all, isn't it? I'm certainly glad that you're enjoying the story- it makes me so happy to see that!

I can't wait to see if Qui-Gon is able to squeeze the truth out of Obi-Wan. Sure would have some nice angst to it! Thanks bunches for the PM!

*grins like the Cheshire Cat* Will Qui-Gon get the truth? I'm afraid I'm going to let the story unfold before I say anything, and you are most welcome for the PM! Thanks so much for reviewing; they really do make my day!

JediMormon: Howdy to ya, JM! Glad to see you again! :D

Another great update! So Obi-Wan thought he was Vader's prisoner eh? Glad that Qui-Gon was able to disbunk that theory fairly quickly. His reaction once he found out it wasn't a trick was very well done, I liked it a lot. It was smart of Obi-Wan to get some time to meditate and sort out his thoughts because very soon he's going to have some explaining to do. Also, I liked the little Anakin/Padme conversation you had about Anakin's room as well, it was a nice touch. Looking forward to your next up

10. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    All right, everyone, it's Wednesday, and that means a new chapter! It's a little bit longer than usual, but you're not complaining, right? ;)

Real quick, before we get underway, just a quick housekeeping thing: the current PM list! Please let me know if you wish to be removed or added, all right?

-Meredith_Kenobi
    -G__Anakin
    -Neinna_Narmolanya
    -kenobiwanobi
    -Kynstar
    -KELIA
    -Darth_Abtranor
    -Layren
    -Kestrel_Kenobi
    -CherryLightsaber
    -EGKenobi
    -Sounderwan
    -JediMormon
    -Fifilla
    -__Sithspawn__
    -bek
    -Lea-El
    -Ara-gon
    -rabideuphonium
    -Ocelotl_Nesto
    -AP4EVER
    -Gkilkenny
    -Jacen200015

Obi-Wan couldn?t sleep.

He?d tried everything, from counting backwards in Narlanian, which had the longest possible words for their numbers, to breathing exercises, trying to trick his body to sleep, to rolling incessantly. Part of him was surprised that Qui-Gon hadn?t picked up on his insomnia, but another part of him was relieved. He didn?t want to answer his Master?s questions with another half-hearted response, which he?d been doing all day.

He had spent most of the time since he?d awoken in meditation, trying to figure out what had happened to him. He?d finally emerged several hours later with the sobering knowledge that against all rational logic, he was indeed thirteen years in the past, his body reverted to its twenty-five year old self. He?d barely dared to believe it, but the Force, unfortunately, didn?t lie.

Qui-Gon had been trying to talk to him ever since, to ask him about what he had seen, but Obi-Wan had been able to give him the impression that everything was fine. It had taken quite a bit of effort on his part, as he certainly didn?t feel like a twenty-five year old padawan, but he?d earned himself a reprieve by promising to discuss it once they had returned to Coruscant.

Qui-Gon had held up a finger then, his eyes darkening from the seriousness in his gaze. ?I?ll let this go Obi-Wan,? he had said quietly before they left to join the others for their evening meal. ?But only for now. And if I get the slightest hint that your focus is being disrupted again, you are sharing, even if I have to break down your shields myself.?

Obi-Wan had swallowed at that, the part of him that would always be Qui-Gon?s apprentice quailing.

?Am I clear?? Qui-Gon had asked, raising his eyebrows, and Obi-Wan had nodded.

A loud snore interrupted his thoughts, shattering the silence and making Obi-Wan groan.

Those snores alone could convince me that this is the past, he thought, stuffing the pillow over his head. He?d never met anyone in his life that could make such a racket while remaining fast asleep, oblivious to the irritation they caused.

His Master had broken his nose some time during his life, and Obi-Wan knew it was the source of the man?s wretched snoring. He remembered the first night they?d shared an apartment, how the sound had startled him awake, and he?d been convinced that the walls were going to shake apart around him. After enduring it silently for an entire week, with Qui-Gon wondering why his new apprentice was looking more and more worse-for-wear, Obi-Wan decided that something had to be done.

He?d plotted revenge.

Now, he knew the Code backwards and forwards and knew that a Jedi must never take revenge, so he mentally renamed it, calling it ?His Plan to Teach Master Qui-Gon a True Lesson,? and studied all types of stealth shields that could be used to trick a Force-sensitive. He?d done it on his own, fully realizing the consequences should someone discover what he was up to, but he?d been a possessed thirteen year old, absolutely determined to find a satisfying way to regain his normal sleep habits.

After about a month of hard work and trying out all the mental shielding he?d learned, he put his plan to the final test. When his beloved Master started up with the miserable snoring, Obi-Wan started snoring himself, in nearly an exact replica of the horrible sound. He felt a flash of delirious joy when he sensed his Master jolt awake, startled by the racket

11. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Cool chapter thanks for the PM

12. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    All righty, then...

What does this remind me of? [face_thinking]

I really enjoyed this description of Yoda, especially that last part.

I was hoping you'd recognize it. It's my second-favorite show on that channel.

Fabulous work, stormqueen. Just the break I needed from studying for exams.

13. bibphile

bibphile Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2003
    Oops. In my last post I meant to say that Obi-Wan didn't say Amidala was pregnant. I was trying to use it as an example of him getting things a little clearer in his head. Sorry.

So, Obi-Wan snored in revenge. That's a ridiculous thing to do. :) I wonder what Qui-Gon would think to know he sounds like that?

He had no idea why Anakin had decided to become a Sith, so he had no idea where to even begin to counter it.

That was one of the things that struck me in RotS. Obi-Wan never did find out that Anakin and Padme were married or why Anakin turned. I wonder if he'd have been so sure there was no good in Vader in ESB if he'd known. I really have no idea.

running his fingers through his hair (while cursing how short it had become)

Nice touch.

How many times had he been after Anakin about that? How many tunics had been ruined because the boy was too lazy to find a tissue?

Ruined? It's a habit that needs to be broken but snot washes off. It shouldn't ruin tunics. Grease would, but Anakin obviously doesn't wipe his hands on his clothes or else his current clothes would be stained. Plus I don't recall grease on his clothes even while he was working on the pod.

Perhaps that was why Anakin never really spoke to me; I never showed him I would listen and care about what I was hearing.

Very good line. I think Anakin wants to talk. He's afraid of appearing childish or weak (Mos Espa probably ate the weak for breakfast) but he's really not shy about revealing things. In AotC he tells Obi-Wan directly that he sees him as a father (and it seemed like he'd said it many times before). He was very open about his feelings towards Padme. He told Padme how he felt about Obi-Wan. He wants to share important things with the people who are important to him. Honestly he shared a bit with Qui-Gon and Padme in TPM and he barely knew them (though he instantly knew Padme was important to him).

but I?ll do my best not to let my dreams affect my choices, and think about all the possible sides

Obi-Wan, correct that. Considering all sides in good and a vision shouldn't rule actions.
    You had lots of good points, but if you're not careful Anakin going to hear "ignore the warnings the Force is giving you with dreams and visions."

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

All in all a nice chapter. It's good to see Obi-Wan trying to reach out and Anakin responding.

14. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    After about a month of hard work and trying out all the mental shielding he?d learned, he put his plan to the final test. When his beloved Master started up with the miserable snoring, Obi-Wan started snoring himself, in nearly an exact replica of the horrible sound. He felt a flash of delirious joy when he sensed his Master jolt awake, startled by the racket, and heard a low groan echo along their bond.

:eek: That is the single funniest thing I have ever encountered. [face_laugh] Qui snores like a foghorn, so Obi takes up the habit to get back at his Master. And the best part is: Qui-Gon doesn't even know! [face_laugh] Oh, it's brilliant

Stop being such a narrow-minded Jedi and think! There?s always something you can do. Begin by accepting that this is the past and work from there! Take this as an excellent opportunity to fix your mistakes, to keep that horrible future from happening! Can you really, in good conscience, let everything unravel a second time?

Yes, yes, to Obi-Wan you listen. :p

?He can be, but he grows on you,? Obi-Wan told him. ?He?s also one of the strongest Jedi.?

?He?d have to be, to get away with hitting people,? Anakin grumbled, and Obi-Wan surprised himself by laughing.

[face_laugh] Little Anakin's so cute.

Wonderful, wonderful. So it seems as if Obi-Wan CAN learn from his mistakes. Or at least, the future has given him the tools he needs to help Anakin. That whole Obi/Ani was so cute, and touching, and intriguing.

Very very nice update. I know it was long, but it sure didn't seem that way. I love that about your writing, how it draws me in. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

Thanks for the PM! I can't wait for more.

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I do believe he has changed the future already
    he has opened his heart to Anakin.
    Your description of Anakins life and emotions
    was good.
    Obi-Wan has finally seen what his indifference
    may have done to keep Anakin from accepting loved
    ones deaths
    It is nice to see that some one didn't leave Anakin in the
    room by himself sitting on the cold floor.

I wondered in the movie why he was there
    huddled in the corner by himself[face_shame_on_you]
    Especially if Qui-Gon thought he was the chosen one

Obi-Wan has made a friend in Anakin

What will happen next=D=

Thanks for the PM[:D]

16. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Those snores alone could convince me that this is the past, he thought, stuffing the pillow over his head. He?d never met anyone in his life that could make such a racket while remaining fast asleep, oblivious to the irritation they caused.

A definete special [face_laugh][face_laugh] I can imagine with a broken nose that Qui sounded like a foghorn without any trouble :p

That brought him to an important decision. He knew of Anakin?s fall; would he do anything to try and stop it? Should he do anything, or could he, for that matter? Had the Force sent him back so that he could fix his mistakes or repeat them in a completely different fashion? Was he doomed to watch the destruction of the Jedi a second time around, to see his dearest friends torn to shreds by a lightsaber, to stand by helplessly as things spiraled into chaos all over again?

That would be a totally heart-breaking thought...Obi-Wan allowing it and changing nothing. Then I really would have to hate him.

He still didn?t know what he was going to do though; he still wasn?t sure if his actions would make the slightest difference. Could he stand watching Anakin fall a second time? Should he? should he end it all now, before it had the chance to even begin?

Really loved that, showed just how devastated and wild Obi-wan's thoughts were to consider killing this innocent version of Anakin to prevent the devastation later.

Then something was wrong with the teachings.

That I believe is the true heart of the problem and where things went wrong. Not just Obi-Wan's teachings, but the Code in general and how the Jedi respond to emotions. Really hope they can change things this time around. Excellent work!! You thoroughly lived up to my expectations in this chapter. Lovely lovely mush [face_love] So glad Obi-Wan got Anakin to confess what his visions where and he cried on his shoulder -- something that likely never happened in the canon version. Bravo again! =D=

17. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    I loved this chapter; filled me with warm fuzzies. Por Obi-Wan, forced to snore like the devila because he had to outsnore Qui-Gon. [face_laugh] Quite resourceful of him, even if it meant two Jedi who were creating a racket. I must sa, I was surprised at Qui-Gon's irritation at his padawan's snore, and now I know why. [face_mischief]

The rest of the chapter ... aww. [face_love] I love the way Obi-Wan sought out Anakin, at the even, gentle pacing. At how Obi-Wan realized that trying to know Anakin better would be the key to the problems, the confusions he faces. And the Obi/Ani interaction... :* so touching, and warm. Especially when Anakin climbs into Ob-Wan's lap, and they discuss the troll. Wonderful.

You're not going to kill off Obi-Wan, are you? :eek:

More pwease.

18. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Wow - great chapter! =D=

I also think that the future might already be changed. The relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin has now a complete different beginning from what we saw in the movies. But there are also a lot of questions and I wonder what will happen next. Will the council allow to train Anakin? And if not will Qui-Gon again "give up" Obi and go for Anakin? Or will perhaps Obi-Wan speak before the council and tell them that HE will take Anakin as his Padawan as soon as he is knighted? And what will happen on Naboo? Will Qui-Gon live? I think that there might also be the possibility that Obi dies on Naboo instead of Qui-Gon. But I hope they will both live!

So many question!!! Can't wait to read the answers, please update soon!

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwww...I just loved the conversation between Obi-Wan and Anakin.

I'm impressed Obi is willing to try and correct his mistakes, despite how painful it will be to relive everything.

Oops, did I just say try? I can hear Yoda now "do or do not, there is no try." :p
    Let's hope Obi does

Awesome update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi :( at least he now realizes that it isn't all made up/illusion/dream/inprisonment. That's a plus on that!

And Qui :( being so worried, and still somewhat since Obi won't reveal to him what had happened/vision.

Obi & Ani mush!! [face_love] Yay! [face_dancing] They're so cute together!! Perhaps now that Obi realizes what some of the reasons why Anakin did what he did later on in life, perchance he can help Anakin a lil more than he did prior to being put back in time. Obi can see that emotions are needed ;) and a tad bit more compassion is required since Anakin is a special case.

Well done!! Loved the past 2 chapters! Thanks so much for the PM! [:D] Excellent work!

21. ___Sithspawn___

___Sithspawn___ Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2004
    Loved the humorous detail about the snores...

Obi-Wan and Anakin seem to be bonding well - so far, so good.

I hope he will just spill the beans instead of spinning an intricate web of lies. Looking forward to seeing how this new future turns out.

22. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    I loved the way Anakin and Obi-Wan opened up to one another, and Obi-Wan's insight into his life as Anakin's master and the way the Force is subtley showing him the improvements that need to take place. :)

This chapter was just - Wow! :D Great job with this, I am enjoying each and every post!

23. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    This story answers so many questions about Obi-Wans and Anakin's relationship and shows the answers to fixing it.:)

I love the emotions you show in them. I feel there is hope for a change.[:D]

Good work
    =D==D==D==D==D=

24. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Great post-- thanks for the PM. I liked the sharing rather than hiding behind code progression of the story

25. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Lovely update from start to finish! The part about Qui snoring...and Obi snoring and not being able to stop was so funny! And I loved the description of Yoda! lol...Obi and Ani's conversation was beautiful, ah, if only...I loved all Obi's little realisations about how he could have done things differently.
    He is being awfully hard on himself though - hindsight is the best sight.

Great writing stormqueen =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.