main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

shall we make a new jedi council?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by DarthVader10, Apr 30, 2005.

?

shall we make a new jedi council?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. yes

76.9%
  2. no

15.4%
  3. don't care

7.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I haven't had the chance to look much at Anakins ROTS lightsaber yet, but when you think about it, it would probably be cheaper to buy Luke's ANH lightsaber, as technically they are the same one ;)

But a Force FX lightsaber is on my list of things to buy before I die (along with a foosball table, lava lamp and Darth vader helmet)....

I just wish I had plenty of money, so I could go out and buy whatever comes into my head.

I'm telling you man, if I had the money, my house would be wall to wall Star Wars merchandise!

So whats your fave item of SW that you own? Mine would have to be the two AOTC costumes I made for me and a friend for Halloween 2 years ago. Complete with Jedi robes, Jedi tunics, lightsabers, boots, Padawan braid etc.

Really cool stuff!

2. Sheppard

Sheppard Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    Can i be in the council??

3. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sure thing Sheppard. We don't really have that many posters in Wales, so pretty much anyone who wants to be on the Council, can be.

Hmm, what character would be suit you? How do you feel about Plo Kloon?

4. Sheppard

Sheppard Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    fine with me

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, but this does mean that while everyone may really like you, come a fight with a Sith Lord, your going to be as much use as a damp flannel ;)

Only joking, i'm sure you could handle yourself in a saber scrap.

Have you, or for that matter anyone here ever tried to learn lightsaber dualing? I did once for a fanfilm I was making. I found all the moves on the net, printed them out and spent a couple of weeks learing them. When you get the basics down, the dual kind of writes itself.

The fanfilm never came off in the end though, but I still have all the skills necessary to put the smack down on anyone who challenges me :)

6. jedimatt_fx

jedimatt_fx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2005
    i could beat you all in a lightsaber duel ,im a the most powerful jedi ever ,

7. SlackerDaf

SlackerDaf Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2005
    Can I be on the council?

Who could I be? Are any of them trained media/graphic design bums who've just showed up and ask to be on the council? Cos that would be me...

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    JediMatt: If you spent half as much time practicing your lightsaber technique as you did your wit, you would rival Master Welshguy as a swordsman ;)

SlackerDaf: How about Kit Fisto? Very popular with the ladies and great hair (or tenticles) :)

9. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    i thought i already did ,

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Only in your mind, my very young Padawan.

:)

So does anyone have any motions of topics of discussion that they want to bring to the table?

Anything SW or non SW related is more than welcome.

Maybe a problem your having in your personal life, or if you need help on where to find a certain SW collectable, we can help.

11. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    well i have, i think mace windu could have done better against palpatine ,i was really gutted when he died .p.s please please x100 can i be in the council

12. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I think he did pretty well against Palps. When you compair him to how the other 3 Jedi that went with him laster agasint Palps, you can see that he was a cut above the normal Jedi.

Not even Master Yoda had the ability to take down Palpatine, although you have to remember that its highly likely that he allowed Mace to "win" the fight in order to prove a point (that the Jedi were trying to kill him and take control) to Anakin and force him to make a decission on turning to the dark side to save Padme.

It would have been interesting to see how Mace and Palpatine would have faced off against each other in a straight fight though. I think my money would have been on Palpatine, he was just too powerful for any Jedi.

On the subject of the Jedi Council...

Hmmm, very well, grant you the rank of Master and allow you to sit on this council we do.

How do you feel about filling the shoes of Ki-Adi-Mundi?

13. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    sure ,yeah ,thanks

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    SO what was your take on the duals in ROTS?

By the way, whats with the new sig? I have never thrown peanuts at old people!

The were cashew nuts.....

15. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    well..... i think the obi wan _ankin dual was the best ,it was so fast and emotional ,with all the "i loved you ,you were like my brother " stuff at the end , ,i would have the liked the count dooko anakin and obi wan dual to have lasted a` bit longer though ,i thought dooko could have beat anakin , in aotc dooko was much better. ,

16. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Count me in

17. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmm, I don't know. We don't usually accept Aussies as part of the Welsh Council.

Pray tell Master Mixo, what skills and strengths can you bring to this Council?

18. SlackerDaf

May 18, 2005
    Huzzah! I will gladly accept the role.

19. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    view my powers here

http://www.sickindividual.com

I am part Welsh

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmmm, I'm tempted to put you on the Council on the sole basis of your "Udds" franchise.

However, such matters are not to be taken lightly and the inclusion of an outsider, even one who is part Welsh is a bold move.

Very well Mixo, you are allowed to sit on this Council, but we do not grant you the rank of master!

MasterDaf: Still working on that footage, shouldn't be long now. Just waiting for Jairen to get back to me. So how's that opening crawl coming? Did you get my email ok?

21. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    WHAT ! not a master!!

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Take your seat, young Mixo!

JediMatt_FX: What I found interesting is how Dooku managed to get the better of Obi-Wan twice! Obi-Wan took down Maul and Anakin, but for some reason he seemed to have a real problem with Dooku.

Maybe it was his fighting style and it just happened to be the perfect style with which to counter Obi?

23. SlackerDaf

May 18, 2005
    Welshguy: I did get your email, and replied to it, but the reply didn't send! Of course I didn't find this out until I checked my email just now. Have sent another reply.

24. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    TAKE A SEAT!!!! why I oughttta

25. jedimatt_fx

May 21, 2005
    one more threat like that and i WILL strike you down ..lol . only joking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.