main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph In Town With a Few Days to Kill: The Prey-dator Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by Adam of Nuchtern, Jun 24, 2014.

1. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Why worry about something that’s already been milked and beaten to death?

2. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Honestly I still feel they both have life in them, I was gutted when Nile Blomkamp’s ailen was cancelled.

3. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Yes, that hurt bad.

4. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    New trailer

5. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    It certainly looks entertaining lol
    Still keeping my expectations low as it still looks very meh. Bring on the popcorn.

6. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Probably a good move not to spend money on A or B list actors.

7. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    I’m sorry, did you just demote Keegan-Michael Key and Olivia Mund to the D List?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Were those

Predator dogs? Have we learned nothing from Hulk 2003?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I bet this is better than all the Predator films except the first one and maybe Predators.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    There were Predator dogs in "Predators".

AndyLGR likes this.
  11. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Oh, really? I completely forgot about that part, then.

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Expectations are low but I may just make it to the cinema for this one rather than wait for … ahem, alternate sources.

Like the use of epic voice man at the end of the trailer

13. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I mean, I shouldn't be surprised by that about Shane Black but... man, that's some terrible judgment.

Why Fox is better at this than other places is a bit weird though...

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I mean I am sure it wont be as good as the Original the Original was a classic! But If It Is better then the really bad Predator sequels then It should at least be ok and worth either a discount theater watch or rent. sadly there are no discount theaters in my area so I may wait it out till it is On-Demand. At the very least it will be a good popcorn flick that I may see in the theater but actually probably wont see in the theater because of a busy schedule. I am going to Disney next weekend with my nephew and parents and am saving up for the Han Solo Blu-ray so by mid to end of month I will be broke. we will see I have been anticipating this movie for a while.

16. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    I’m probably the odd one out but I always enjoyed Predator 2 more then the first.

AndyLGR likes this.
  17. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I always really enjoyed Predator 2 but in a different way than Predator. I think the change in setting and adding more overt humor, plus that supporting cast and a more defined female role, added a layer that the first film didn't have.

And, for my money, there's almost no line reading in the entire series better than "Okay... who's next?"

18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    giving the series a rewatch this week. yes, even Alien versus Predator (it's canon to me, dammit!) The first film is still aces pretty much top to bottom. Best exit in the first Predator film? Billy. Easy. It's amazing and it's not even on screen.

Also another great line reading in the series is in Predator "Only in the hottest years this happens. And this year, it grows hot."

I haven't seen Predator 2 in awhile but I think I did watch it a lot on VHS (I remember watching it twice when I first rented it hahahah) and there's still great stuff in it from what I remember. And, dammit, Bill Paxton! Bill Paxton!

I can enjoy the AvP films on at least a certain level (the first face to face of Alien and Predator I love and dammit, Lance Henrickson!). And Predators I haven't seen in awhile but I do enjoy for more Predators also a great line reading in the series "Let's get off this %#$@ing planet". Still bummed they went with super Predator again for this film after Predators, though.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian and AndyLGR like this.
  19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The only good thing about AvP is Sanaa Lathan

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I... can agree with this.

21. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I quite enjoyed Predator 2 as well. Its obviously not as good as the original, but its a passable enough sequel with some good sequences. Quite funny to think that the year it was set (1997) seemed such a long way away when the film came out. I think the abbatoir scene is probably my favourite in the film, the only gripe I have with it is the effects they used for the Predators at the end in the ship, I don't know why they went down that road instead of using a man in a suit.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Predator 2 also gets credit for really adding a lot to the Predator culture/mythology with him sparing the pregnant woman, the other one handing over the weapon prize, the trophy room having the xenomorph skull, the ability to scan more visual spectrums, etc.

AndyLGR and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, but sparing Maria Conchita Alonso's character made sense with him leaving the woman alive in the first film as well as him killing literally everyone else on the train (they were all armed). Abortion debate aside, the fetus wasn't armed -- and was therefore not a part of the hunt -- so this made perfect sense.

But I agree, expanding the Predator's weapons, trophy hunting, culture (a bit), and history were all great additions...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Well the particulars made this one a no brainer for Fox and a big 'ol "what could you have possibly been thinking" for Shane Black.

The scene that was cut involved Olivia Munn who remember was one of the women that publicly disclosed Brett Ratner's sexual misdeeds. And in that scene, apparently, the actor with the criminal history was playing a jogger who kept repeatedly hitting on Munn's character in spite of her obvious disinterest.

I don't know how a red flag didn't make up to at least half-mast in Black's mind at some point.

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Man I'm sure curious about this train wreck. It's hard to justify the price of admission ($29.50 for the wife and me) for what is most likely going to be ****.