main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Share Your Episode II: Attack of the Clones Memories

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by cubman987 , Apr 12, 2022.

1. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    Aw man I hated this game as a kid lol. Super hard and was kinda janky. The ROTS game on GameBoy was a major improvement for a handheld game (and I’m not forgetting its even better console version)

CampOfSorgan and Kato Sai like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    ROTS tie games were awesome. Though I have one beef, Anakin’s hand is missing its glove!:

[​IMG]
    Its the image of him using Lightning (left side), his right hand miraculously has flesh!

Deliveranze likes this.
  3. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    I honestly was disappointed that Ep II didnt get a major tie in game like Ep I. I played the Ep I game so much and I was really hoping for a nice Ep II game were I could play as Anakin and Obi-Wan. Fortunatly the Lego SW Game gave us a cool Ep II game.

The Ep III I didnt play until much later because back in the day I was PC gamer. I changed to PS because of The Force Unleashed

Deliveranze and Kato Sai like this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Yeah its weird AOTC didn’t get a tie in. I can inagine the Coruscant chase being like exploring Nar Shadda in Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast. That alone would be fun! Being Anakin or Obi roaming Coruscant in an Assassin’s Creed style game.

Deliveranze and KyleKartan like this.
  5. Subtext Mining

Subtext Mining Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2016
    Didn't anyone play Bounty Hunter on Playstation2? I loved that game.

6. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    The Coruscant night district level is phenomenal. I usually play it just for that mission alone. Semi-open environment with a lot of secondary bounties. Definitely the best SW game of that year.

CampOfSorgan and Subtext Mining like this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I played it on Gamecube. I loved torching those robed black monster things in the last level.

+2 Dark Side Pts :p

Subtext Mining likes this.
  8. screamsinthevoid

screamsinthevoid Jedi Knight

Nov 26, 2017
    My favorite memory of AOTC was going to see the IMAX version of the film at Navy Pier in Chicago in November of 2002 . This was back when IMAX reels could only hold 2 hours of film and the movie had to be cut down by about 20 minutes . I thought that whoever the editor was made brilliant decisions and it is my favorite version of the film . It was also shown in a more square shaped aspect ratio .The screen was enormous at about 60 feet tall and during the speeder chase over Coruscant , I got vertigo several times . The base rumble from the back of the auditorium to the front when the silver Naboo starship came on screen at the beginning was awesome as well . Sadly , this version is lost to time and was never released on home media or streaming . An archived cut list of it exists on this very site though , if you know where to look .

gezvader28 likes this.
  9. darth orange shirt guy

darth orange shirt guy Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 14, 2022
    My only memory of watching it first, was going eeeeew in the Anakin Padme scenes.

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Gotta say my favorite lightsaber hilt is Anakin’s Padawan saber:

[​IMG]

I love how it pays homage to what Vader’s hilt would look like:

[​IMG]

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    you know I never recognise the sabers , I couldn't tell which is whose .

lose nerd points for that I guess.

12. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    My dad took my cousin and I to see it at a local theater a week or so after it came out. I don't remember much of my initial reactions, except that it was super cool, and of course I had a hopeless crush on Padme, but I was still more of an Original Trilogy kid then (14 years old). As the year went on, I convinced my mom to buy me the DVD of the movie at Target - and that was when I became completely obsessed. Lucasfilm of that era deserves a medal for the sheer amount of special features they crammed into that DVD set. I watched it constantly, and that was just in time to get me queued up to want to play Clone Wars and Bounty Hunter on PS2. I would read the Incredible Cross Sections book, and its sections about the logistics of an Acclamator assault ship, over and over again. By the time the Clone Wars novels started in with Shatterpoint, it was all over. It advanced my passion for Star Wars from predominantly Original Trilogy, to an overall love of the saga.

Also, this cereal was the GOAT for a teen. Had a glittering hologram box and everything. I still have the light-up lightsaber spoon in my kitchen. The battery lasted until this year!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2022
  13. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I am Lightsaber duelist, I trained myself, adding elements from my real sword martial art training (Sabre, Epee, Spadda de Longa/ Longsword, and Spadda de Filio/ Side Sword). My sword master now teaches lightsaber like they are doing in France. So you could say I am obsessed with all things lightsaber, that said I don’t expect everyone else to be. :)

Tonyg likes this.
  14. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    I was 15 when Ep II was released. Hopeless crush on Padme/Natalie really is a fitting term ;).

I think for me as for you, Ep II did something to deepen my affection and love for SW. I was high on SW before Ep II becoming a fan back in 1997 as a 10 year old when I watched Ep IV SE in theater with my now late grandpa. I owned some novels and the Visual Dictionaries for the OT and Ep I. Of course I owned the VHS of the OT (95 + SE) and Ep I on VHS and DvD. But with Ep II I really really started to get even deeper. I started to collect ANYTHING SW I could get my hands on. I started to get more active online (due to the fact we got faster internet back in december of 2002 also), I really begun to get into the EU (now Legends). Episode II made me the die hard SW appreciator lover Iam today. The film resonated to me in a very special way, I could relate to Anakin so well having difficulties and fighting over them. Ep II for me was the final step for me. From that movie I dedicated my life to this franchise in a way I wouldnt have thought possible. And I deeply loved every second of it!

15. El Jedi Colombiano

El Jedi Colombiano Chosen One star 6

Jun 24, 2013
    I still have the same Jango Fett action figure, along with Padme, Obi Wan and Anakin from the Geonosis Arena.

I have vague memories of seeing AOTC for the first time in theaters, maybe because it was one of the first movies I got on DVD and saw many times afterwards.

16. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Happy Birthday, Attack Of The Clones!
    [​IMG]

Love reading all of your memories!

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2022
  18. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES.

20 Years of amazing Filmmaking, action, emotion and making the GFFA so much richer and bigger!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does somebody have the Anniversary Logo as picture? looks amazing

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Here you go:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BLemelisk and KyleKartan like this.
  20. sxnofthesuns

sxnofthesuns Jedi Padawan

Jun 20, 2021
    Happy 20th to Attack of the Clones! This was the first Star Wars movie I saw in theaters--opening weekend when I was six.

21. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Happy 20th anniversary to an incredibly underrated story. The film that spawned the most interesting war In the SW universe

Tonyg, BLemelisk, darkspine10 and 3 others like this.
  22. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    And the best Padme outfits, ship designs, and some of most exotic locations. :)

23. Deliveranze

Nov 28, 2015
    Interesting tidbit. In 2002, Hayden said his favorite moment in the film is him talking to the Jawa in the long take shot

Kato Sai likes this.
  24. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Padme’s Fire Side dress is gorgeous:

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and RogueDianoga like this.
  25. KyleKartan

Feb 4, 2004