main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That's a pretty simple retcon, now you think about it.

Riv_Shiel and Golbolco like this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    But it does not work. What about all the overlap, references and where Legends tried to fit TCW in?

PS: add on to my above Sword of the Jedi headcanon:

Jaina/Jag birthed the Fel dynasty, Jaina/Zekk lead to Ania Solo...

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    You're right: it doesn't fit perfectly. There would be a lot of repeat battles, and I neglected to mention where I would put post-'08 Legends Clone Wars tie-ins which are where the bulk of the overlap exist, from what I recall. (For reference, I would place those stories in the second part of the war with the 2008 series and Canon materials.)

However, I prefer to keep both timelines mostly intact and separate with the goal of having them dovetail into 19BBY rather than trying to hack apart both timelines and then glue them back together. The latter can be done and lots of people on this board have tried, but this is just the method I prefer. Does it mean that Quinlan Vos does the Dark Side dance with Dooku twice? Yes. Does it make Barris Offee's appearance in Evasive Action weird? Yes. It's not perfect, but then again perfection is not my goal.

4. At some point after Legacy 2 and the Star Wars the Legends universe was destroyed and the New Canon universe was born

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    K2771991 likes this.
  6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Before the events of ROTS, Palpatine claimed that he studies Sith history because those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

cthugha likes this.
  7. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    You really can't make the Legends clone war stuff work with canon. Some of it? Sure. I've got bits and pieces in my headcanon, but as a whole it just doesn't work - there's just too many instances where something conflicts with something else in a way that is too hard to reconcile.

Would it even be a lightsaber at that point?

I mean, given the constant chaos of post-ROTJ Legends, I'm not sure you could say that; heck, look at Han and Leia - if anything their lives got *more* tumultuous after they got hitched.

I always assumed that Jaina (along with Tahiri and maybe Kir Kanos, Marek Steele and possibly any Inquisitors who might still be alive) founded the Imperial Knights as an offshoot of the Jedi; so she didn't actually stop being a Jedi, she just helped found a new sect.

After all, the knights aren't that far removed from the Jedi Order; they still serve the light side, are called "Imperial Jedi" at one point in Legacy and Sinde even refers to the Jedi as the knight's "cousins." So close ties are defiantly something that people regard as existing in-universe.

That Ania might have spun out of an affair between Jaina and Zekk (which I can totally see happening, BTW) is not something that had occured to me prior.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean my headcanon for Clone Wars shuffles the Anakin-Padawan references to before the seven weeks, and the Battle of Jabiim starts as a civil war before the Battle of Geonosis. That’s about all I needed to change, which the Readers Companion basically confirmed. Novel wise anyway.

And two Even Piell’s. Done!

Force Smuggler, K2771991 and Golbolco like this.
  9. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I mean, I'd argue that if your at the point we're you need to pretend their are two identical dudes named Even Piell, both sitting on the Jedi Council at the same time, then you've probably already lost:p

10. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    In bold: does this mean that TCW begins seven weeks after AOTC? I've been trying to find a canonical date for a while.

Hey, if we can have a Threkin Horm and a Hrekin Thorm in the Republic Senate at the same time, then we could have an Even Piell and a Peven Iell at the same time too. besides, it seems to be standard practice for Jedi Council members to have body doubles: Adi Gallia and Stass Allie, Pablo-Jill and Coleman Kcaj...

cthugha, Sinrebirth and K2771991 like this.
  11. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    The difference is Piell is actually called Evan Piell in TCW (he's also obviously the same person, unlike Gallia/Allie. Jill and Kcaj I'll grant you, though)

Anyway, Evan is just the tip of the iceburg for clone wars conflicts. All I'm saying is that it's something that's so futile I'm not even going to entertain the attempt outside of isolated works; to each their own, but I really only try to work Legends things into canon when they either A) fit perfectly or B) require as little rationalization as possible.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Seven weeks, yup.

Golbolco likes this.
  13. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Seven weeks doesn't bring Ventress back from the dead *and* make her evil again, nor does it turn Bariss from an imprisoned traitor who hates the Jedi into a free Jedi fighting for the order. It doesn't reconcile Grievous being a beast who can cut his way through multiple Jedi Masters without any effort to a guy who can get outmaneuvered by a padawan and taken down by Gungans, or Tholme surviving the entire war when he was in fact killed by Ventress at the start of it, or Windu being able to take down armies with his fists and solo giant war machines while Dooku can't even escape from pirates with the help of Obi-Wan *and* Anakin. It doesn't change Adi Gallia from being killed by Maul and Savage yet also dying at the hands of Grievous later on in the war...ect, ect...

...need I say more?:p

You can try to force these things together (your the "one canon guy" so it's kinda to be expected, lol:D), but I don't think it's possible to fit the entirety of the Legends Clone Wars into the canon timeline in a way that really works. That's why I just keep to select things and try to draw a line when I have to start rationalizing away inconsistences *to* often.

Anedon and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean, Ventress goes missing at the end of the Rendilli arc, scars Anakin, and then TCW happens. The Obsession arc is generally put between her battle with Tyranus besides Savage and her return to Dathomir. Even pre-TCW Legends has her reappear a bad guy after Obsession...

Barriss’s Drongar arc takes place two years into the war as it has no reference to Padawan-Anakin. So it’s before she bombs the Temple. Afterwards, you apply the same logic as Depa - she’s released from prison to help end the war.

Grievous being OP is a consistency problem throughout the Clone Wars, so I can’t help too much with that, ditto Mace at Dantooine.

Tholme died at least four times during the Clone Wars in Legends. He died more times than K’Kruhk!

Adi survives Grievous but not Savage (comic death rule)…

… Dooku playing victim with the pirates is perfectly in-character for his brand of manipulation.

BUT!

I appreciate your view of matters. It doesn’t always look like a good fit. YMMV. I’m a-okay with that.

15. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I look forward to seeing how fans in this thread try to fit "Star Wars: Visions" into their headcanons.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Under spoiler tags!

That’s how.

chuckles

17. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Do you know who your talking too? Sinrebirth the king of one canon.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

18. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    My Visions timeline headcanon:
    • T0-B1, The Twins, The Duel, Lop and Ochо̄, Tatooine Rhapsody - Non-canon
    • The Ninth Jedi, Akakiri - each at points millennia before the films
    • The Elder - ~900 BBY
    • The Village Bride - roughly half-way between the PT and ST
    I enjoyed all of them, to varying degrees. Being incompatible with canon isn't inherently a negative thing.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    K2771991, Riv_Shiel and Dream-Thinker like this.
  19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The Duel totally can be canon easily! Works post ROTJ with Imperial Remnants and former Inquisitors

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

20. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Maybe, but it's a bit of a stretch for me. Also, I think Ronin will probably contradict that idea soon.

Tatooine Rhapsody and Lop and Ochо̄ would fit in Canon more easily than The Duel. It's just personal taste, really.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    K2771991 and Dream-Thinker like this.
  21. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I'm refining my Yuuzhan Vong Dune origin.... the Vong are descended from Jodorowsky's Dune. Yuuzhan'tar is the transformed Paul/Arrakkis planetary consciousness.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    So, if Dune is both the Vong origin AND post Legacy GFFA, then the Yuuzhan Vong are what humans become in the far future, returning to invade past humanity to seek their origin not only in space but time? Alien Exodus vibes even without adding American Graffitti... I like it!

I mean, humanity in a post droid society accepting full on planetary sentience and their symbiotic biology from micro to macorocosm sounds very Lucas. And with the entirety of Droid-hood evolving into the Silentium and Abominor fighting each other instead of humanity, which is caught in the conflict and turned totally anti-droid, to the point of replacing all tech with biotech, continuing their perversion of technology by perverting biotechnoloy and ultimately themselves as the line between biology and biotech becomes fluid.

Heck even the Celestials, conscious planetary bodies, as being revered and served by their servant species that reside on them, makes sense, to the point of the Celestials ascending into a galactic consciousness and Force of Life and their servants seeking to join them there down the line.

Wow... I like the meta narrative!

K2771991 likes this.
  23. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I have no idea what Alien Exodus is.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

24. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Wha... how is that even possible?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Alien_Exodus

https://www.sfwriter.com/alienout.htm

One of the most epic ideas LFL ever had but cancelled before publication... see for yourself at above's links.

In short: a SW origin story of Jedi, the Force, etc. set over 25000 years in the past, involving timetravel and humans from earth arriving in the gffa, connecting American Grafitti, THX1138 and other Lucas works in one and the same universe and metanarrative.

cthugha and K2771991 like this.
  25. ScorpioGirl

ScorpioGirl Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 2, 2019
    The Visions stories are IN-UNIVERSE fictional stories.

K2771991 likes this.