main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    novel? that book is just a SW retelling I thought, and not prose but nonfiction??? I own it but did not read it yet as I dislike Baver stuff and her youtube vids.

Ben and Snoke telepathically btw was already mentioned elsewhere I think, so it is not new to this book either. Visual Dictionaries did it first I think.

Anyway, I do wonder who Ben told about his imaginary friend. And did Ben lead Luke to Snoke? Or did Luke not know until they met him? I think Palpatine remotely played with the Skysolos minds, all of them, sending them visions, fears, nightmares etc. like he did with Anakin and his mom, or Padmé dying in the PT. Some of these took root, others not. So when he needed a physical Snoke, he had one already or created one to fill that spot.

I also wonder when and how Luke realized that Kylo is a Chosen One as he believed as per visual dictionary, grooming him as the next one in line. Did Kylo do or show anything special aside Forcesensitivity, if so what was extraordinary? Midichloriancount alone? Some other feat like one that came in handy when travelling the Unknown Regions? Maybe that also had to do with why and when he took him with him on journeys and needed his special talents.

K2771991 likes this.
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Question for the heacanoners - what do you think becomes of the Anoat noble court after the Uprising? Do they reestablish their independence to secure their power in the sector, or did their previous defeat at the hand of the empire and reliance on allies from other groups make them decide it is wiser to throw in with the New Republic?

Interesting ideas.

Any reason you put Baron D'Asta with the NSU considering he was a wealthy businessman if I remembered correctly?

That does tie things up pretty neatly...but honestly I kind of like things being a bit more messy.

(I am pretty amused by it being called the Confederate Union, considering the American Civil War and whatnot. Works well for a bunch of Neo-sepratists I think)

That makes a lot of sense - I remember there was a comic where First Order collaborators staged a coup on a world as soon as Starkiller struck, and I can see that occurring on many worlds as part of the FO plan for swift and decisive conquest, with the added benefit of furthering the fear and confusion that would slow down any response to the attack.

Plus, brilliant bit of one canon melding, bravo.

That would be a logical reason for Kyp to have been in the mines in the first place.

On the note of Crimson Dawn - they were a mercenary company working for the CIS at first, but they saw the writing on the wall when the Outer Rim sieges started, and Maul was easily able to convince them to start working for him instead, at which point they grew from mercenaries working for crime syndicates into a syndicate in their own right.

K2771991 likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that book is amazing and does a great job synthezising the Sequel Era.

K2771991 likes this.
  4. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Another Legends story to add to my headcanon list (and one I mentioned the other day); Resurrection - it's one of those one-shots that fits into the actual canon really well, IMO.
    • The Maul clone was grown via genetic material taken during Maul's imprisonment on Stygeon Prime and programmed with a facsimile of Maul's personality and memory, and was a more deadly fighter then his template ended his life as due to the fact that he was unmaimed and possessed the focus of the TPM-era Maul (hence why actual Maul was defeated by Ashoka by this clone can go toe-to-toe with Vader).
    • The Sith cultists in the comic were members of the Sith Eternal who were involved with Palpatine's cloning experiments, and the clone in question was both a test for Vader to see if he was still worthy of being Palpatine's apprentice as well as a test on the viability of creating Force-sensitive clones.
    • The events of the comic take place shortly after Rogue One and immediately prior to ANH; while attempting to determine the course of the Tantive 5 after it escaped Scarif Vader received the (false) information that the ship was heading to Kalakar Six.
    "You'd make a wonderful Darth Foul."

(it's funny because I actually watched that movie today![face_laugh])

[​IMG]
    It's an alias, obviously...:p

Either or, honestly; I think it's equally plausible that they would end up joining the New Republic or would establish themselves as a sovereign power after overthrowing the Empire.

The Resistance had a base on Anoat after TLJ (at least for a time) though, so no matter which route they went they likely retained ties to the Republic (or at least certain former Rebels)

Honestly I can see the Confederacy of Corporate Systems and the Corporate Sector being separate entities (they were probably intended to be by the writers), but I'm the kind of person who likes things being tied up neatly:p

It's definitely something from the old lore that fits neatly into the new lore (with the exception of the timeline - I'm imaging the HL's seizing power would be fairly recent as of 34 ABY, as in by a matter of just a few years - and the fact that they wouldn't have immediately broke with the New Republic after talking power); the conflict prior to TFA was a "cold war", so surreptitious backing sympatric groups and attempting to undermining your enemies influence would make sense, after all.

I can also see the First Order (or perhaps their forerunners, given the timeline) being behind a canon version of the Caamas Document Crisis and being involved in the Adumari Civil War.

Thanks. I try:)!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  5. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    While I have yet to read @Sinrebirth 's Episode X roleplay fanfic, the concept alone got me thinking and gave me some ideas. No clue yet if he came up with the same though yet.

If one would retool Duel of the Fates as Episode X post TROS, expand it and tweak it due to some stuff not working before or after an TROS setting, the following ideas might help anybody attempting such:

Hux did not die in IX because he expected Pryde's behavior and calculated it in preparing for it, faking his death hoping he'd not shoot in the face or where no countermeasures could be hidden. He fled the Stardestroyer just in time barely escaping alive with a bridge adjacent escape pod in the chaos shortly before its destruction headed for Coruscant.
    Also, if not wasting Hux for Due lof the Fates post TROS (and I still believe DotF works best intercut with TROS and partially pre-TROS instead of after), one might even turn Hux into the new Kallus and have him and Poe become best buddies after all... after all their ST teasing each other, I'd love that resolution for both.

Ben Solo lives. He did heal Rey on Exegol and share his energy with her, but when he faded away, it was not death but...
    ... either this Ben was just a Forceprojection (like Luke's at Crait) and Ben projected from elsewhere or probably still was in the Pit (which the Visual Dictionary tied to Exegol'S Sith Eternal mining for an access to a portal to the WBW and a Vergence. With Palpatine distracted by Rey, Ben found it and had to stay to protect it from the Sith Eternal, taking the portal for himself before closing it forever akin to what Ezra had done. Thus Ben is alive, in the WBW and will emerge at some time and place one day!
    ... or Ben did die when he fell down the pit and the guy healing Rey was a Forceghost all along, like Yoda interacting with the physical world or Luke lifting the X-Wing as a ghost. But as such a very physically interacting Force Ghost... he can be used for future storytelling as if he were alive!
    ... or Ben was really with Rey in that moment, but his fading was him teleporting himself away to another place, a new power unlocked thy to their Dyad powers perhaps.

Another idea, extreme though: The First Order was not inactive when they learned of Exegols losses. Before the united People Fleet could return to the known galaxy, they spread out to take as many unguarded worlds as they could. But a special taskforce approach the entrypoint to the Unknown Regions the People Fleet had entered them in, and sealed it off. Collapsing suns or destroying by other means the hyperlanes in and out of the UR, they trapped the People Fleet in the Unknown and bought themselves time.
    Until the people fleet found another way out of the UR, the galaxy was theirs. TROS last scenes with Rey on Tatooine and the Resistance on Ajan Kloss took place much later only after the fleet got back and took the galaxy back from the FO.

6. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Tarkin ended up fighting a number of space vampires throughout his career, particularly before the clone wars. Anzanti, Energy Vampires, Abersyn Symboites - you name it, he fought it. He has no idea why, or why he always ran into Count Dooku on the scene.

While the canon Inquisitors were all ex-jedi, the force sensitive children they captured were trained to be a different organization, a collection of force sensitive spies and assassins - basically, a whole group of Mara Jades. Or possibly multiple groups, with Saber Guard and Acolytes from FU2 as other branches. All were given limited, specialized training so that they couldn't be a threat to real sith.

One of the groups that went with the New Separatist Union instead of the New Republic were monarchists who didn't like that senators were elected instead of appointed now.

Yeah, that makes a lot sense.

That's fair.

I hope we get more material like that, I always find political maneuvering of that sort very interesting.

Interesting premise.

Personally, I kind of like the idea of at least some of the events of Duel of the Fates happening before Rise of Skywalker - namely, the uprising on Coruscant and restoring of galactic communications is a big factor in allowing the citizen's fleet to coordinate its attack of Exogal, and why the First Order was so overstreched as to needing the Final Order's help in the first place, as the uprising was still ongoing.
    In this scenario, Hux's plotline and lightsaber seppuku can be given to a new character, Rey was only temporarily blinded, Kylo retreated after that rather than dying, Solana was only a fake last name Rey's parents took on while hiding, so on and etc.

7. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The Legend of Zelda takes place in the GFFA and features Sephi heroes vs. Gammorreans

[​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

8. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Hmmm...

Yeah, I'd like that too; it could help fill in the gaps *and* explain what happened to the Eclipse after the Aftermath books (I think the movie novelization already had the Eye of Webbish Bog, so they've already adapted some variation of the Tor Vallum concept)

I also personally think it would be cool if the first big threat the ST heroes have to face after TROS comes from First Order/Sith Eternal remnants led by Sedriss, whose out for personal revenge against Rey for killing Palpatine (he definitely seems like he'd be a sort of "more powerful and threatening then Kylo, but still not to overpowered for someone of her level to realistically handle" incremental threat); make him one of the children taken by Palpatine during the Imperial Era (and draw him so he looks like Roy Batty in Bladerunner if your doing a comic!:p)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    ColeFardreamer and MercenaryAce like this.
  9. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    (In order to account for the discrepancy between Legends and Canon marketing errors in relation to where Lieutenant Oxixo was).

The Lieutenant Oxixo would led a detachment of the 29th Squadron into combat against the Millennium Falcon as it escaped the Death Star and ultimately perished had a younger brother who fought at the Battle of Endor. He was a member of Scythe Squadron and flew behind Major Mianda and ahead of Lieutenant Hebsly, the latter whom collided inside the Death Star II main reactor shaft. This Oxixo would ultimately survive to fight for an Imperial Remnant for a time.

10. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Wilhuff Tarkin, Vampire Hunter

10/10 would watch

PCCViking and ColeFardreamer like this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Tarkin, Anzati Slayer? my poor Anzati! But we need more about them... and him!

My head now spins this into Tarkin being accompanied occasionally by some kids that always run into trouble and he has to get them out fighting monsters together with them. Kinda a Galaxy of Fear prequel series with the Arrandas Parents maybe? Or Grafs?

Maybe Tarkin liked Daala because she was good at slaying his demons... hence he groomed her as his successor seriously. She certainly got a killcount regarding Forceusers and a grudge about anything supernatural... even guarding the Maw for a while close to the epitome of supernatural evil Abeloth as if she were guarding a hellhole... is Daala our GFFA Buffy?

cue Musical Episode with a dancing Zeltron Demon!

MercenaryAce and cthugha like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Ronin spoilers

The Age of Empire began with the Unification War between the Tapani nobility, some three hundred years before the Hundred Years Darkness.

It added yet another monarchy or Empire to the Core and Colonies, which already included those at Corellia, Alderaan, Esseles and Alsakan, signally the change of philosophy and opinion towards tyranny.

Though the Galactic Empire was not yet announced until during the Hundred Years Darkness, it was recognised for many decades, in the way in which the nobility, the monarchies, and the Emperors truly ran the affairs of state behind their puppet Chancellor. In how the Jedi gradually accepted the new status quo and became not Watchers of star systems but instead Jedi Lords during the Darkness, complicit in their corruption. And so, when the squabbles between Alsakan and Coruscant rose up yet again, the violence was worse than before.

Such acts solidified the creation of a third capital - the Imperial homeworld of Rei'izu, which was propped up by worlds which would be acknowledged as ancient supporters of Empire at the time of the Battle of Jakku - Commenor, Humbarine, Tinnel, Rendilli, and Denon, and the stratification of the Jedi Lords to oppose the Dark Jedi.

The Galactic Empire's solidification transformed the Hundred Years Darkness into a struggle of rebellion, as a Jedi Lord and his witch turned against the tyranny. It reinvigorated the ailing armies of darkness, who had been crushed by the Empire and for the most part the threat dismissed as matters of Imperial state resumed their tyrannical ways.

The war came to a head when the Dark Lord struck Rei'izu, and the Empire unified its might to defeat him.

But his disappearance meant that the Dark Masters took command of the remnant armies and fleets of the dark side, and they made their final stand at Corbos, resulting in their ultimate destruction. The Dark Jedi Masters were sent into the Unknowns in exile, and of course became the Sith. A number of these Sith Lords returned, and the moniker Dark Lord of the Sith became associated with the treacherous Jedi Lord who turned on the Empire, but the Exiles claimed the title for their own.

In the twenty years since the 'Sith Rebellion' ended, much of the galaxy was left to ruin by the Empire as the princes and nobles squabbled for power and the Emperor aged, forced by the loss of Rei'izu to rule from Coruscant. The monarchs of Procopia, Corellia, Alsakan, Esseles and so forth continued to seek to impose their will on the Empire, bringing matters to a head during Ronin.

The aftermath has yet to be told, but suffice to say, those Sith Lords that remained in the Stygian Caldera founded the Sith Empire, even as the Jedi eventually found their way back to the correct way of doing things and the Empire gave way to a Republic, by no later than 6,000 BBY, anyway.

13. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Inquisitor Drayneen was a failed agricultural Corp Padawan. Hence why she wasn't as skilled in the Force.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Drayneen

Kendalina willfully served the empire and was one of the many Jedi to defect to the Empire.
    Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    K2771991 and cthugha like this.
  14. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Where would you locate the third capital map wise? Especially if it is a compromise between Alsakan and Coruscant? Somewhere between them or elsewhere?

It is fun to see the Sith born out of rebellion against Jedi that lost their way... by loosing their way even further instead of the epitome of Jedihood. Certainly reinforces the Sith's strife for freedom and non-allegiance when the Jedi were bound by their vows to government and nobility.

I kinda see a Professor X vs. Magneto gambit here too, with on one side Jedi trapped by government detoriating and their loyality endangering them vs. a view that Forceusers are superior and should govern themselves.

Of course as in life and reality too, it went southhill fast and a political discourse ended in all the wrong people jumping on the bandwagon of both factions for the wrong reasons and mayhem broke loose furthering the divide. Like when good movements for change are subverted by extremists and others simply discontent with the current order transforming them into an antisocial movement on the warpath loosing their former ideals quickly.

I could even see some real world analogues turned GFFA movement:

Have a plant loving Sith advocate free growth and natural order over the groomed gardens of the nobility and lordships and defend plants and their right to grow where and how they want. We need some Eco-Sith! Obviously this turns then soon-ish into the creation of murderous plants that can defend themselves and the like...

Have Droid Rights Activists free droids of their moral limitations and even if some go on murder sprees proclaim this is only natural after how they were treated.

Have Sith take positions for unpopular opinions or minorities and employ them, be it going against social order, poverty, for free love, etc. anything that upsets the current order of society or changes them profoundly.

Suffice to say, it is interesting to figure out how and when galactic nobility lost its influence and power and we turned from a nobility driven galactic government with democracies and other government types below it on planetary or sector levels to the opposite with lots of nobility driven monarchic planetary and sector governments and a democratic galactic one as in the PT.

In that regard, SW is like History:
    First there are the tribes selecting leaders by strength, virtue and skill.
    Then bloodlines become hereditary and nobility emerges dominant for ages until dethroned, it survives but governed by democratic and republican institutions above them.
    Yet in the wake of nobility and born out of the remainder of their wealth are lots of economies that end up being in the same hands political power was before and these business magnates and economic nobility then would go on to influence, buy and control politics via corruption to the point of economy being turned into political entities in the PT era again with the megacorporations as political parties.
    Their downfall after the clone wars and nationalisation though was no end to the nobilities monetary gambit as they did not need them anymore and now in a new Empire could build up a new nobility and court directly. Cue Canto Bight profiteers and after the fall of the Empire abother round of economy influencing politics.

15. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Akakiri is set during the first decade or so of the New Republic Era. Masago is Sith External Cultist and an apprentice of Palpatine (though in the fashion of the Legends Dark Side Elite rather then as a true Sith Lord) and was operating as one of his many proxies during the years her master was in hiding (alongside Snoke and the First Order and Am/Karre). Misa's family is the "royal bloodline" that Carise Sindian is said to be part of. Tsubaki and his (implied) master are survivors of Order 66 who spent the Imperial Era hiding out on Misa's homeworld.

The Imperial faction led by Am and Karre, Gideon's remnant, the Morka Imperials and Moff Randd's holdout in the Queluhan Nebula are all the same faction; led by Am (who was operating at Palpatine's behest) they entered into a conflict with the New Republic following the events of The Twins but were ultimately defeated, at which point what was left of them relocated to the Unknown Regions and merged with the forces led by Sloane to form the First Order.

Tionne is part-Arkanian, explaining her whitish hair, the milky white eyes she's sometimes depicted as having and the conflicting statements on her race in Legends. Her lightsaber (which I don't ever once recall being mentioned or shown) is shoto with a golden hilt that she keeps in a compartment within the head of her viole (I'm imagining part of it is what's protruding out from the top of the curved "S" shape that makes out the head in this picture and is what she's holding in this picture)

I'd go with a Force-sensitive socialite from some important Imperial family myself.

16. Fallen Jedi Master

Fallen Jedi Master Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2017
    Whatever suits you. That's what fun about headcanons for me is just fun seeing what others fans come up with for background for characters or interpretations of events different form mine. I really do love this thread.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Sinrebirth and K2771991 like this.
  17. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    Less of headcanon, more of musing as I develop future headcanons.

I've been thinking about the time between the films, because timelines interest me. I think that the spacing between films is primarily anchored by the ages of certain characters: Anakin ages ten years between TPM and AOTC; Luke is thought to be 19 in ANH, placing ROTS 19 years prior. But it's not all set in stone: there's not much dictating the spacing for, say, the distances between AOTC and ROTS or ESB and ROTJ.

While TPM has always been placed in the year 32BBY, I'm comfortable with shifting it backwards to 35BBY as detailed in my previous post about a six-year Clone War. It's less about TPM's placement than it is about reconciling the two versions of the Clone Wars arc, but I really like putting TPM in the year 35BBY because that's a significant date in the pre-prequels EU, and then it later got recycled into the start for the GrS calendar (ew).

I still have some books in my collection published before AOTC came out where the timeline dates Episode III to 20 years BBY, not 19. I don't feel that any timeline project of mine needs an extre year between ROTS and ANH, but it's good to know. To me it seems smart to put an extra year closer to the ANH end of the timeline, possibly to pad out the Galactic Civil War if too many stories get crammed into a single year. Right now, Canon is developing a lot of post-ROTS content rather than pre-ANH content, so I don't think I have anything to worry about for now.

By my count, there are four Legends bridge stories between ANH and ESB, and one Canon bridge story. With so much content in that era, the 3-year timeline between the two films is way sketchier than the 3-year timeline between AOTC and ROTS, if you ask me. I also can't help but notice that several bridge arcs cover the same beats: Vader discovering who Luke is, the Rebel fleet in transit before settling on Hoth, etc. I bet that if I start cross-referencing the different bridge stories and search for dates given in weeks and months, I could stretch the period into something more like 4 years. That probably isn't even necessary, though; unlike with TCW which requires key inter-film moments being compressed or switched around, from what I can tell this is not the case with the ANH-ESB bridges.

I don't know what the earliest source given for ROTJ taking place a year after ESB is. It might be the novelization. I've heard rumor that very early sources might have inserted three years between the films, which I assume is for the same reason ANH and ESB are spaced by three years (there were three real-life years between releases.) So far I haven't been able to locate these sources myself. I don't think ROTJ will need to be moved unless I find that the upcoming Qi'ra trilogy just can't fit into the timeline alongside Shadows of the Empire and the 1977 comic.

Does anyone else have any interesting sources, tidbits, or opinions on how the general film saga's timeline looks?

K2771991, cthugha and ColeFardreamer like this.
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    @Golbolco

It is interesting to look at earliest dating and see how the current timeline came to be. I too think the 3 year gaps stem from real life production and character/actor ages likewise.

Another timeline shenangian I can remember is back when the first Zahn trilogy and Dark Empire were released, marketing couldn't decide if they want to market them based on years after ANH or after ROTJ. Some assumed it is taking place 1 year after ROTJ, another 5 years after ANH, then another made it 5 years after ROTJ and thus 9 ABY for Zahn and DE 10ABY.

All in all, I am curious how the earliest expansion post ROTJ works was quite in flux timelinewise before some cornerstones got settled and all since then adhered to it.

K2771991 and Golbolco like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Keeping in mind the 'ancient Imperial worlds' that Jason Fry recently introduced, I would expect the third capital to be approximate to Humbarine.

20. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I think the strongest canonical case for an earlier TPM dating that I can think of is the novelization of ATOC, where IIRC Anakin has just turned twenty prior to the start of the novel (as opposed to being nineteen, which I think is the case elsewhere). Which means you could arguably date TPM as being in 33 BBY as opposed to 32 BBY.

Wasn't that less a marketing issue and more that Zahn didn't want to reference Dark Empire in TTT because he didn't like it and they thus had to switch the comic from being shortly after ROTJ to after his book?

I use the N64 game for my headcanon version of Shadows of the Empire's events, since out of the four (comic, the two different versions of the game and novel) it's the most "narrow" in storyline and thus has the least danger of conflicting with canon.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
  21. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    The story that I've heard is that it was one of Lucas's rules for the early EU that stories may not explore beyond 15 years after ROTJ. I'm inclined to believe this is true, because if I am remembering correctly JW Rinzler wrote that Lucas's Episode 7 would take place 15 years after ROTJ. I'm not sure how the Young Jedi Knights books factor into that, though. All I know is that the rule was explicitly lifted when the novel license switched over to Del Rey.

One has to wonder how things would have turned out differently if Dark Empire got its original slot at 1 year after ROTJ, but without the Thrawn Trilogy changing to accommodate that. I suppose it would have been up to Kevin J. Anderson to reconcile the stories just like in real life, but now he would have had to explain an Anakin Solo older than the twins, which I think would be the biggest change.

K2771991 and ColeFardreamer like this.
  22. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Older Anakin really wouldn't be an issue in terms of the overall narrative (the biggest change is he'd probably have a more prominent role then Jacen and Jaina in the stuff leading up to NJO, rather then the reverse). But Dark Empire being 5 ABY would tie in neatly with The Jedi Prince series, where (if memory serves) Han and Leia are shown having a wedding that later got retconned*.

*I wonder if they would have used Ken instead of Rayf or something if it had ended up being 5 ABY? The idea of Palpatine's "grandson" sacrificing himself to save Han and Leia's son from the emperor is a pretty interesting concept, IMO.

ColeFardreamer and Golbolco like this.
  23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Kessel Run Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

May 11, 2016
    With an older Anakin maybe the backlash over his death would have been a bit smaller. Some people did state that as the elder brother Jacen should have been the one to die(that Jaina is the eldest of the three is generally ignored though).

K2771991 likes this.
  24. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    He might not have even died to being with; as I recall Jacen was originally supposed to be the one who was killed off, but Lucas stepped in because he felt Anakin arc mirrored his grandfather/namesakes too much - the similarities between them might not be enough to make him feel that way in a continuity where Anakin ended up being more fleshed out prior to NJO due to his elder age having provided more chances for him to be utilized prior to that point.

(Ironically Anakin being born in 5 ABY and eventually turning to the Dark Side would make him a closer analogy to a certain other Solo child that is often compared to his brother:kylo:[face_mischief])

Golbolco likes this.
  25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Bringing up the Jedi Prince series, I do wonder what were the plans surrounding it, especially in regards to COPL and how and when and why they decided to not stick to Jedi Prince. Was it reception that sealed its fate? Was it not intended to fit in?Was there an alternate post Endor plan at first? We know there was, remember the Kenner toyline and storyline that got canned? Likewise Marvel comics post Endor run got cut short. Both might have fit closer with Jedi Prince maybe.. or rather opened a different post ROTJ than Zahn and DE did.

cthugha and K2771991 like this.