main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Be more creative ship captains!

PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    A few Mandalorian headcanons:

There was never a Mandalorian species. The art from The Sith War doesn't look like an unmasked alien to my eyes. Mandalore the Indomitable's profile definitely does not resemble the supposedly-unmasked Mandalore the Ultimate either, despite them allegedly being the same species.

Neo-Crusader helmets were in fact a mask and a cowl; the fully-solid headdress as they're depicted in JJM's KOTOR and later TOR just don't sit right with me.

Cassus Fett is Mandalore the Indomitable's son.

By the time of the Legacy era, Mandalorian historians counted the First Clone War as the last of the Mandalorian Crusades. Because of a lack of clarity on when and where Jango Fett, Spar, or Boba Fett were and what faction of Mandalorians they were affiliated with at any given time, they all ended up being counted as one Mandalore under the title of Mandalore the Multitude.

Alpha-Red and Kadar Ordo like this.
  3. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    I like this idea because in one of Hasbro's toy lines, they made a Mandalore the Indomitable figure and included it in a "Fett Legacy" multipack with Jango and Boba, even though Indomitable canonically has no relation to the Fetts.

Alpha-Red, Golbolco and Sinrebirth like this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That's an exceptionally good point.

I like, @Gobolco.

Golbolco likes this.
  5. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    That’s exactly what I was referencing! :D

Kadar Ordo likes this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Well Fett isn't Vhett... and someone may have tried to alter it to resemble the more popular one!

Golbolco and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    There’s a holofilm called “Night of the Living Rakgouls”.

8. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Produced by Marn Hierogryph?

MercenaryAce and darklordoftech like this.
  9. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Of course :)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    MercenaryAce and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    This reminds me, I had some headcanons of what happened to various TOTJ in the time of Kotor:

-Sylvar - one of the few elder jedi masters to back the Revanchanist, she was a top general in the Republic and ultimately slew Cassus Fett herself in one the greatest tide turning battles of the war.

-Vima Sunrider: Came a respected jedi master, yet never did sit on the jedi council, preferring to operate as the old jedi did, wandering to wherever she felt the force needed her. She did not directly fight in the Mandalorian wars as part of the war effort, but she did a lot of her work near the fronts - aiding refugees, negotiating truces and alliances, preventing attempted warcrimes etc. She was more active against Revan's sith, and he in turn considered her one of the biggest threats to his plans, trying repeatedly to eliminate her. She even led the strike team to take him out, and dueled him, but was grievously injured by Malak's attack, sitting out the rest of the war, with Bastila Shan taking many of the roles planned for her. She also managed to dodge the Dark Wars and jedi purge, emerging later to help rebuild the jedi order.

-Nomi Sunrider: Despite helping found the Jedi council, she never joined it because a landspeeder company sued her over her name instead choosing to focus on her family again, before entering a state of semi-retirement, helping train promising jedi and give advice to the council, which was almost always heeded, living as a hermit similar to her own master Thon. She was assassinated during the Dark Wars by an elite team of sith assassins, but she took most of her attackers with her.

-Tott Doneeta: Similar to the others, he kept up his wandering jedi lifestyle even as a jedi master, before going to semi-retirement in the wilds of Ryloth. He was brought out of that retirement and sent as a liaison to Onderon due to his familiarity with the planet when it was threatened by the Mandalorian, and aided the Onderon resistance after the planet fell (General Vaklu always made sure to leave that out of history books). He reunited with Sylvar after the liberation of the world, and joined the Revanchist war efforts. He was one of the jedi sacrificed by Revan at Malachor, seem the old master as potential threat.

-Hogon died in a drunken argument over whether he really shot Qel-droma.

11. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Seasonally appropriate headcanon: after the Rogues blew up the water reservoirs on Coruscant in Wedge's Gamble, completely wrecking the climate control system for the entire hemisphere in the process, all of Imperial City and surroundings was covered in snow for a few days (in between Wedge's Gamble and The Bacta War). This provided an unusually peaceful-looking backdrop to the New Republic's takeover of Coruscant, a few days of surreal calm before the Krytos crisis and the EDF became apparent.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2021
  12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Something like that might explain why there's a thriving turbo-ski thing at the pole in JAT - the polar ice cap isn't normally that big, but after a ton of snow ended up at the poles because of this, it took several years for the snow to go, and Coruscant's tourist industry brought in tauntauns direct from Hoth, which was practically unknown before the Civil War, and put up turbo ski slope markers, making the best of a bad situation.

13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Wasn't it in the Jax Pavan Coruscant Nights trilogy where we saw the underground oceans of Coruscant that doubled as its water reservoir as well? If the Rogues blew these very same ones up, I doubt the water went up to become snow... rather down further flooding the crushed underlevels forcing all kidns of creepy critters and monsters to come up and plague the Underworld. Maybe to replace the lost water, Coruscant had to import and dropped entire ice comets on its polar regions?

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The Mortis Family summoned Anakin because they feared that Palpatine was on his way to becoming another Abeloth.

15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    When the gunships arrived to evacuate the Jedi from the arena, all six landed but two moved to the stands to pick up two small groups of surrounded Jedi that they spotted and weren't part of the circle. One of these gunships - after dropping off Sora Bulq and Eeth Koth at the same landing zone as Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti - would later be shot down with Tarados Gon and two as yet unidentified Jedi as Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Kit Fisto would witness.

So here we go:
    #1 - Yoda (already aboard), Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Fisto
    #2 - Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme
    #3 - Roth-Del Masona, Luminara, Saesee Tiin, Shaak Ti
    #4 - Agen Kolar, Plo Koon, Stass Allie, Bultar Swan
    #5 - Sora Bulq, Tarados Gon, Eeth Koth *, two unnamed Jedi from the stands
    #6 - Aayla Secura, Barriss Offee (from the stands), Pablo-Jill (from the stands), a Nikto Jedi (from the stands)

* May have already been aboard the gunship as he (as head of Jedi Intelligence) and Oppo Rancisis likely accompanied Yoda to Kamino and arrived with the Clone Army.

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Ponda Baba is a Beatles fan.

17. I believe in the multiverse and I believe that Legends and Canon are connected ine some way

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2022
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Headcanon:

Lumiya learned Palpatine fearing some enemy from beyond the galaxy (the Vong) and went looking for them post ROTJ but instead of the Vong she found the Nagai and Tof.

Shira Brie aka Lumiya is the original and Mara Jade is her clone. Post ROTJ, Lumiya found out that Mara Jade is her clone as long suspected and was at odds with her not wanting any cheap copies left around. Especially when said copy started to flirt with her Luke Skywalker.

In Shadows of Mindor Cronal prepared the Empire to be one day lead by Luke Skywalker. I am sure he was under the reborn Palpatines influence Snoke style. As sure as I am that once he died, he got cloned too by Palpatine so he would live again during Dark Empire and beyond. Palpatine wished Luke on the Dark Side as his next body, as in ROTJ where he failed. So Palpatine sent Mara a reminder to find and kill Luke which she interpreted as an echo rather than the Emperor reborn reaching out. Why would Palpatine want Lukes body but also to kill him though? Because he already had all he needed, a replacement he could clone from Luke's lost hand in TESB! Why didn't he clone him asap then and posess him? Because he couldn't, the hand from TESB was brought to Mount Tantiss by Vader and Vader knew of Palpatines cloning so he had manipulated it so it would not suffice to clone a suitable clone. Palpatine thus needed in addition another sample of Luke himself, which is why Cronal was tasked to get Luke. After his failure, Lumiya succeeded via Joruus to get to Luke and clone Luuke from the hand in addition to the missing ingredient from Luke himself.

But it gets worse, Lumiya was involved with the cloning of Luuke. She wanted her own Luke and when learning about the lost hand, did everything to find it and ultimately allied with Joruus to have Luuke made. Thrawn never knew Joruus had contact with her but suspected betrayal and had Ysalamiri anyway. Before Lumiya could get Luuke though, Joruus and Thrawn had other uses for him.

Having lost Luuke, to Mara no less, made Lumiya even more angry. And learning of Palpatine being back didn't help either. Palpatine himself was pissed he had lost Luuke but furthered his plans with Luke then instead. Lumiya tried to destroy Palpatines clones because she did not want Luke posessed but pure for herself.

When the Emperor sent Cronal once more (cloned and alive again) to retrieve Mara, he had plans for her and Luke together. But Mara was freed by Katarn and Commandos and he lost Luke again as well. Lumiya succeeded in manipulating and destroying most of Palpatines clones. All the while evil herself, she was continuing Vader's work against Palpatine as she was despit a former Emperors hand, still Vader's loyal apprentice.

I really think we should have gotten a Lumiya pov novel Plagueis style uniting the post ROTJ era.

19. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    [​IMG]
    ...this unnamed but clearly important commanding Imperial from the late '70s Constancia Affair story? The one who has some sort of epaulettes, is within the Deep Core, conducting weaponry tests and working with some very non-standard starfighters? It's Grand Admiral Zaarin in my head-canon. The Manning stories were all heavily stylized, and can be given a lot of leeway in terms of visual interpretation, and there's even more than a little bit of visual resemblance between the two characters.

cthugha, Daneira, BobaMatt and 7 others like this.
  20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Going through all my headcanons I've published since this thread started, I noticed how some just contradict each other or I've since changed them.

I'm going to do a reboot of most of them and start again.

Post soon :)

Sinrebirth and Dream-Thinker like this.
  21. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    The Maverick Moon is a lotus-eater-type fantasy, showing Luke a life in which he joined "the Academy" and never fought the Empire. The destruction of the titular moon is his memory of the Death Star assault resurfacing.

22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I put it in the same timeline that had him marry Camie as per TLJ novelisation what if dream scenes.

23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Jodie Comer, Rey's Mom was born the same month that "Jedi Prince Series: Queen of the Empire" was released, and now I think that is no coincidence but destiny!

Daneira likes this.
  24. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Honestly, Jodie Comer was wasted in Rise of Skywalker...

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Every-time Denning references a VSD he means a Republic-class.

Conversely every time Allston does he does so correctly.

One HeadCanon; the 20 Star Destroyers of the Black Fleet that joined the New Republic headed to legitimate Imperial space and became the forces we saw at/working for Commenor. The Empire was mid-joining due to the 17 ABY Imperials-can-serve plot from New Rebellion, otherwise known as Amedda-adds-loyal-Imperials-to-the-Centrist-Party-for-White-Eyes-Palpatine.