main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    See Marauders made you believe that... That is how clever manipulators they are. You'd never think they are the true nemesis.

Gesendet von meinem FP3 mit Tapatalk

MercenaryAce likes this.
  2. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    That’s how Jixtus portrays them in the Ascension trilogy. In the first of the new canon trilogies, they’re more like traditional marauders, if secretive and very feared. But that discrepancy has made some people theorize that the Grysks from the first trilogy may actually be a client species.

Either way, didn’t the Marauders of Endor go primitive because they’d been marooned for a century? I can’t say much about it since I haven’t watched the movies. But the poster and images made me think of the Grysks. Also the concept art.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
    K2771991 and MercenaryAce like this.
  3. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    A somewhat minor one:

I've always found the present scenes in "The One Below" to be difficult to place continuity wise since it gives the impression that Yaddle is being named a member of the Jedi Council in that very scene. However, Plo Koon already appears to be on the council by this point, which places it after the Stark Hyperspace War. However, I feel that Yaddle would have been on the council for a lot longer than that, especially since she trained Oppo Rancisis who has been on the council since at least 89 BBY as per Legacy of the Jedi (or 232 BBY if we One-Canon the High Republic into the timeline). It would seem strange to call Yaddle's status as a Jedi Master into question when one of her Padawans has already been made a Master and Councilor.

My reconciliation for this (other than ignoring the present-day scenes in the comic which is the easy way out and thus less fun) is to say that Yaddle has been on the council for a long time and that Yoda has already had reservations about her status but has kept it mostly to himself. After the Stark Hyperspace War however, something caused Yoda to voice his objections and call Yaddle's place on the council into question, only for Even Piell (who I see as being either a friend and/or former student of Yaddle's) to shut him up by reminding them all of what she went through on Koba.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  4. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Ah, I see. I underestimated their cunning.

That would be the logical deduction, but I think the actual lore articles and side materials suggested the marauders from the film are the same ones that crashed in the first place rather than their descendants, and that they didn't understand how spaceships worked even when they were operating as space pirates. Which frankly made no sense to me, which is why it has stood out my mind so strongly, but that is what I recall it being.

Sauron_18 likes this.
  5. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    To be fair, I think the Thrawn books either state or imply that the Grysks don’t create their own technology but rely on their client species for this. So it may not be the wildest thing that, in the absence of their regular supply line or their servant races, they might become somewhat less cunning than they are at their best. But like I said, I haven’t watched the Ewok movies, so maybe the Marauders are more splendidly stupid than I can imagine. :p

K2771991 and MercenaryAce like this.
  6. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Don't create their own technology? Makes one wonder if they even have or use tech at all... or rather... biotechnology ;)

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The reason the Moff Council in Legacy had six members is because they were all Grand Moffs, and because there were only six Moffs left after the events of Apocalypse.

SheaHublin likes this.
  8. In the History Books of the Republic and the Empire the Je'daii Order is remembered but is not mentioned as an Order of Force Users or the Ancestors of the Jedi but a group of Monks

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2023
  9. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    This subject, figuring out a more specific and clearly defined take on the Legacy Council, should be it's own thread!

Nyna Calixte at the very least is indeed a Grand Moff, as several issues specifically identify her as such in the opening introduction texts. It stood out to me, yet there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in her Wook page, so somebody has an opportunity to add that information.

One could assume that all her peers on the Moff Council/Moff High Council/etc were also Grand Moffs, but they also each apparently govern a Sector AND a branch of the Imperial government, unless each branch of the Imperial government is considered a Sector unto itself?

There are still subordinate Moffs, though we don't see much besides Moff Gromia on Tatooine...

Veed is also specifically called the High Moff, but it isn't clear if that's an actual Rank or just a Position...

The whole matter is a bit of a mess, in terms of internal consistency. It's also a mess visually, as Rank Insignias change multiple times in the same issues.

Yeah, the whole matter really could be sorted out better than it was. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that was bothered by it when Legacy was still ongoing.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I assume the Moff Council in FotJ stuck to six to avoid having to appoint female members (I note the Council is still relatively small in FotJ), and then those six became Grand Moffs when the Empire began appointing Moffs to new sectors again i.e. Gromia. (We also had that Governor in Legacy 13.)

We did have Grand Moffs under Pellaeon after all, distinct to the Head of State position. Siralt and Quille, both who supported the coup and died.

As to High Moff, that appears to be the head of the Grand Moff Council. It gets fiddly when Veed becomes Regent as it seems likely Yage is High Moff thereafter? As he’s also a Grand Admiral in some sources.

I assume a Grand Moff in the Legacy era had personal command of one of the Founding Sectors; i.e. one of the eight, with the Braxant commanded by the Emperor himself.

Prior to that we definitely have a Moff commanding the Braxant Sector as they sided with Jagged Fel.

SheaHublin likes this.
  11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    The whole Moff Council membership of LOTF and FOTJ was a mess. Then again, NJO really didn't help either.

We know from SOTP there were eight Moffs. But in NJO, particularly Remnant, it's implied there were more than eight considering the survivors ratio to the line that much of the Moff Council was killed when Bastion fell. We know Flennic, Saretti, Crowal and Freyborn survived, that's half the council but there were likely others as implied in the dialogue.

It wasn't established until Essential Atlas, which came out after LOTF that showed the Remnant got bigger post-Vong War.

It's an incredible mess.

SheaHublin likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I would disagree.

Bastion is hit, Moffs die, Moffs are replaced.

The only Moff of the original eight that survives from 19 ABY to 44 ABY is Quillan.

Getelles was isolated until the Empire expanded, ignored by the Remnant. Probably personally disliked by Pellaeon.

The Moffs of the NJO era are all replaced save for Saretti.

Dozens of Moffs are appointed over the new territories, including two Grand Moffs.

Saretti retires as Head of State, Pellaeon steps in.

A quarter of the Moffs die at Fondor, including Quille, Siralt, Rosset (leaving twenty-two).

Two Moffs die at the First Battle of Roche (leaving twenty).

Seven Moffs die at the Second Battle of Roche.

One Moff dies at the Battle of Shedu Maad.

Lecersen, Vansyn, Westermal, Poliff, Calron, Malvek, Rezer, Jowar, Garreter, Wolbam, Quillan, Getelles remain.

Twelve.

Vansyn, Trevin die at Exodo II.

Garreter stays loyal to Jagged Fel.

Getelles plays the swing vote game.

Abeloth seizes control of eight for Daala.

Ten left, probably less, probably six, if I wanted to make that argument.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2023
  13. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I've always interpreted it that High Moff is a Minister-level, cabinet position, hence 'High Moff Council' referenced in the Legacy Comics. Essentially a replacement of the old Ministers and Imperial Advisors, so essentially you have.
    High Moff - Cabinet-level position, head of specific departments such as military as a whole, navy/army individually, diplomacy, security, etc.
    Grand Moff - still run Oversectors, but probably fewer of them around, depending on how much an Oversector is.
    Moff - Sector-level management.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    -Treze is the distant ancestor of Zeen (both are pink mirilians associated with the path of the open hand, and the book made a point of highlighting Treza's fatherhood)

-The Kage people have historically been divided into many warring clans, which the Belugans exploited to conquer the planet.

-The Kage are descended from Umbaran colonists trapped on Quartzite do to its atmospheric pressure, making them the off-shoot of an off-shoot.

-Pantorans are similarly an off-shoot of wroonians as are Aruzans.

-While the children of the watch disprove of the practice, many warrior clans made beskar weapons, as much for penetrating the armor of rivals as clashing with lightsabers.

Golbolco likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dramath sold his first born’s soul to the Father of Shadows in exchange for being Lord of Medriaas.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2023
  16. In the New Canon the Chosen One is Rey not Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader maybe the Force chose an Heir of Palpatine to be the one to defeat the Emperor and actually restore the Jedi Order

In Legends the Chosen One is not clear in Legends the Chosen One could be interpreted in many ways the Chosen One could be Ulic Qel-Droma, Revan, Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus, Jaina Solo for creating the Fel Empire a Good Empire or Cade Skywalker for destroying the Last Sith Master Darth Krayt

In Legends Palpatine was Born just like Anakin Skywalker Cosinga Palpatine was Right Palpatine was not his Son he was Born with the Force Palpatine Family was Chosen by the Force just like Shmi Skywalker was Chosen to have Anakin

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2023
  17. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    Antinnis Treymane was captured along with the Rebirth.

18. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    Grand Moff 4-8C seems to only be Grand Moff of the Imperial Redesign Team, so I'm not so sure if High Moff can qualify for that as it appears Grand Moffs can fit that bill. In fact, I think old sourcebooks claimed that Tarkin was Grand Moff of both the Outer Rim and Grand Moff of the Death Star Project [its own priority sector.]

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    And also Grand Moff of Seswenna.

His role seems to have been split in three after he died. Tavira, Jerjerrod and Kaine.

20. In the Star Wars Multiverse except for Infinites the only Stories that occur the same are the 6 Original Movies the Prequels and the Original Trilogy everything that occurs before the Prequels or after the Original Trilogy or during the Movies could be different

Ferus Olin in Legends is a Fusion of many New Canon/Disney Universe Characters combined into one Ahsoka Tano, Ezra Bridger, Kanan, Cal Kestis, Ferus Olin fulfills the Role of those Characters in Legends

I want to believe that Zayne Carrick also existed in the New Canon Universe and Ezra Bridger is Zayne Descendant in the New Canon

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2023
  21. Darth Cognus Second Apprentice was Set Harth

For me the Apprentice Story from Star Wars Tales issue 17 occurs after the Era of Darth Cognus i dont understand why they made that this Story of Tales occurs during the New Sith Wars if the Sith Master and his Apprentice they act like Rule of Two Banite Sith so make sense that this Story occurs after Darth Cognus for me the Sith Master of this Story of Tales is Darth Gravid

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2023
  22. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Darth Vectivus was a master of phantoms and illusions, to the point that he was also a master of selfdelusion living in an asteroid kingdom made up of ghosts and dreams but not real people. Loosing touch with reality supplied by his imaginary friends and family, he would die there. How can he train an apprentice though? Someone came to the asteroid and pretended to be one of his illusions in order to learn his secrets before he died. This one decreed that in order to not fall prey to selfdelusion and ones own illusion powers, one has to constantly suffer to be reminded what is real and what is fake. Thus his life became suffering in his choice of armor, his choice of lifestyle and his choice of masterhood. For only those able to bear the suffering will be strong enough to not succumb to pleasure and take on the duty of the Sith, to strife for dominance and power so that not illusion but reality shaped by strength will give them the pleasures for real.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I just wanted to re-write this with more detail, so I did!

Legally, the Galactic Alliance lost the Second Galactic Civil War, and signed the Roche Accords to surrender.

The Alliance was required to make reparations to Kashyyyk and Corellia; accept the Imperial control of Borleias and Bilbringi; accept the Confederation secession (and their capture of Balmorra); the Remnant was required to accept Jagged Fel as Head of State and when they appointed the new Moffs, a quarter were required to be female, and to start the Imperial Mission.

Fondor re-joined the Alliance, however, as it had already under Niathal. Niathal essentially gave Daala the in to the Chief of State, because she was legally recognised as the co-Chief of State of the Alliance-in-Exile. Technically, there were three Chief of States at one point; Caedus, Niathal and Daala. This became the first part of the subsequent Triumvirates, and the three military chiefs beneath the Chief of State.

The Moff Council avoided the Roche Accords by not appointing any more Moffs(!) There were only eleven left at the end of the Second Galactic Civil War, and they simply kept the reduced number of Moffs, even when they lost Moffs during the Daala coup. This started the reduction of the Moff Council to a smaller number, and then eventually the promotion of the much smaller Council of Moffs to Grand Moffs, and the appointment of Moffs beneath them. The High Moff became the new head of the Moff Council, albeit beneath the Head of State.

The Unification Summit was written into the Roche Accords, ditto Daala's term of four years. The only success of the Summit was that it saw the return of Borleias to the Alliance. Otherwise the Imperial Remnant, Hapan Consortium and Confederation remained independent. This rendered the Galactic Alliance Security Council, where a representative from each the Remnant, Hapes and New Republic had periodically met up with a Galactic Alliance representative, (usually Senator G'Sil).

The Confederation was severely weakened by the Lost Tribe. Eriadu, the Corporate Sector and Hutt Space were all heavily raided.

Corellia relied upon those reparations, and the weakness of the Galactic Alliance severely damaged the Corellian recovery.

The Lost Tribe however, was crippled by the Apocalypse. In the year of skirmishes with the Jedi, the battle at Ossus and the subsequent violence of Coruscant cost the Lost Tribe their capital city on Kesh, most of their fleet, all but one High Lord, and ten thousand Sith. High Lord Takaris Yur consolidated what was left of the Sith on Kesh.

When the Massacre of the Jedi on Ossus shattered the core of the Jedi Order. Luke went into exile; Kam and Tionne died at Ossus; Jaina left; the remainder Jedi Masters could not agree on the best way forward and their numbers were depleted by the actions of Kylo Ren, the Knights of Ren, and Lost Tribe and One Sith attacks on isolated Jedi Knights.

The Moffs committed to the First Order and that isolated Bastion and the Hapan commitment to the Jedi-Sith War cut them from the Galactic Alliance.

The Confederation promptly fell to the First Order; the Corporate Sector voluntarily joined, the Centrists at Commenor lead the old Empire, and Corellia was so reliant upon the reparations that the First Order offered Corellia a contract for cruisers and they took it. The First Order acted firmly against the Hutts, cutting them off from the Confederation.

The New Republic was all that remained of central government. But the New Republic had been severely reduced by the Yuuzhan Vong War; the northern quadrant had been all but lost, worlds such as Bothawui, Bilbringi, Kuat and Coruscant had been lost to the Yuuzhan Vong, and not all rejoined the New Republic, many sought direct membership with the Alliance instead. The collapse of the Alliance meant that the First Order had free rein in the Borderlands, but were opposed by the Resistance, which had grown up from the Insider movement and been led by former Rebel veterans who had either vanished from public sight or faked their deaths (such as Ackbar). The New Republic was further weakened by the outright secession of Mon Calamari to the Resistance, who complied with the Coruscant Accords by constructing several differing prototype MC95 battlecruisers, harkening back to the 'demonstration fleets' that Kuat, Corellia and other planets constructed before the Clone Wars. The galaxy was nonetheless completely balkanised, with over two dozen independent powers in-existence.

The First Order-New Republic War merely lasted a year only due to our diffuse the opposition was.

The Hosnian Cataclysm crippled the New Republic High Command and Senate and destroyed the First Fleet, but the First Order losses at Starkiller Base and the Supremacy forced shipyards to become the primary target of the invasion. Even though Fondor and Mon Calamari declared neutrality in response to the destruction of Hosnian Prime, the First Order seized them. Relying upon superior numbers in tactical engagements, they instead blockaded threats rather than engage them, scattering their army and task forces across the galaxy to create the spectre of absolute power and reach.

The Resistance nonetheless grew stronger and undermined the First Order by doing so, forming a Mon Calamari fleet in exile, and assembling the Resistance primary strength under the command of Ackbar Junior and General Organa. The Resistance held the line across the galaxy with the assistance of New Republic and Galactic Alliance units, and won the Battle of Batuu. The remaining free systems were cut off by the First Order blockade of the hyperlanes, and while yes the First Order was ascendant, it wasn't supreme.

The various factions were primed to reunify the moment the First Order faltered, but instead the Final Order crystallised the armada that Leia had been painstakingly assembling for the year. The subsequent Civilian Fleet shattered the Final Order and decapitated the First Order. The First Order collapsed, leaving a power vacuum that the New Jedi were expected to fill.

Darth Corydon and QuinlanSolo like this.
  24. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    Strictly my theory, unless it was too subtly implied by the various EU writers who dealt with Darth Andeddu. If Andeddu was really dead all along and simply fooling everybody through a powerful Force Illusion and trickery, then when exactly did he die? Just how long was he pulling it off? And most notably, did he even really survive Corbos at all? He was indisputably one of the Exies, but what if he didn't actually survive Corbos and merely then used the Illusion to make it seem like his body was still animated? What if he was actually already dead even before Corbos? I guess nobody ever checked his body for a pulse? He just looked to be alive and so nobody looked too closely? Even his appearance wouldn't raise too many issues given how much the Dark Side physically corrupted and drained those who used it.

So, the Exile that would become known as Darth Andeddu didn't actually survive Corbos! Even then he was using the Force illusion to fool everybody around him into believing that his body was still alive, and he was able to pull it off for some time after he and his fellow Exiles arrived on Korriban. After Dreypa and Syn rebelled against Ajunta Pall over whether or not to return to the Republic, somebody must have realized that he wasn't actually alive and that was when everyone turned on him, as both Pall (in Kotor) and Andeddu himself claimed that they desired and tried to steal his secrets.

25. RogueWhistler

RogueWhistler Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2021
    YoungSmitty2 likes this.