main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    [​IMG]

This scene is one during the post-Zsinj campaigns.

The Bellator was apart of the proto-5th Fleet that advanced into Zsinj territory and the fleet was decimated.

It included the Bellator, the Proscurator, three Victory-class Star Destroyers - Swift Liberty, Selonian Fire, Corusca Fire - as well as twenty-six Imperial Star Destroyers.

Twelve from Hapes, the Emancipator, Liberator, Eleemosynary, Pulsar, Crynd, Skyhook, Allegiance, Rebel Dream, Indomitable, Wolfs Claw, Monarch, Triumph, Moonshadow, Red Gauntlet. Possibly also the Freedom, as I'm unsure how long that took to rebuild.

Most of this fleet was lost as I say, the Victory-class ships, Emancipator, Liberator, Allegiance and Moonshadow surviving, and the Rebel Dream being captured by the Empire.

The Bellator may have been destroyed, or scrapped by Mon Mothma.

K2771991 likes this.
  2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Some Dathomir(i) headcanons:

-The red color of the planet, its sky, soil etc. is a seasonal oddity. While certain regions are more red than others due to vegetation and soils permanent colors, as in the Nightsister lands and mountain regions of Jedi: Fallen Order, others are way more green as in Legends or even blue with the oceans. Seasonal, the winds carry dust and red mist all over the planet and high into the atmosphere where it gives the planet from space its red look opposed to its green and blue one in other times of the year. This season, also called Season of the Witch because of its location in Fall with strong winds as well as usually a high time and celebrated holidays for the Nightsisters, takes some time to wear off again. It also can be kickstarted or prolonged artificially by use of weather magic or bombardment as during the TCWand as some Nightsister covens prefer to keep it up, but other non-Nightsister Witch clans fought them over the weather control to return to clear skies, and succeeded in later times as the planet recovered from the TCW slaughter with Nightsister numbers too low to prolong it.
    Thus this color difference can be a yearly seasonal thing, but also appearances out of order can be explained.

-We already know that Dathomir is inhabited by a variety of species and sisters consist of humans, nearhumans, Zabrak, Dathomiri (Zabrak-Human hybrids) etc. to explain all variances. The chalkwhite skinned Dathomiri Human-Zabrak hybrids are just one kind dominating the Nightsisters in a couple of eras.
    I headcanon, that the chalk-white skin is actually not just a hybrid-species thing, as even Zabrak come in a variety of colors as do humans and hybrids should honor that and not produce a uniform colored hybrid species. While the hybridization affects skin color results, the chalk-white skin is a result of the use of the Dark Side of the Force.
    We had many games in Legends show visible effects of turning to the Dark Side gradually (KOTOR etc.) beginning with the chalking of skin and hair as well as later added tatoos that follow the naturally burst bloodvessels creating tatoo-esque facial designs. (before the PT added even the eyecolor effects of Sith eyes as a visible sign that exists but is not happening for all Darksiders and not even all Sith it seems!).
    Thus Nighsister babies are born without big medtech and rather cult-shamanic rituals that involve the Dark Side magick and thus begin to chalk the innocent babies skin and hair. Especially as already pre-birth they get and are a part of everything the Mother does which thus also affects them (yeah, don't drink and do drugs and use the dark side, pregnant witches!). I could even imagine the birth be like conjuring objects out of the mist by a witch either giving birth naturally or instead of a vivisection pulling the baby out of the womb through a magick ritual involving the mist-teleportation-potal power.
    Another explanation could be that Nightsisters are able to get pregnant in same-sex relationships (canon!) which may involve dark magick to make it possible and thus affect the resulting babies skincolor. Thus while innocent, the baby is tainted by the mother, the ritual, etc.
    Now, in reverse, does that mean, if using such an explanation, that the kids could cleanse their taint and get a natural human or Zabrak or mix thereof skincolor and haircolor?
    That would be interesting, it is not needed but I kinda like it. Imagine Merrin going all natural and lightsided and doing this to surprise Cal Kestis. If being totally crazy one could make the chalk skin and hair seasonal as well, dark side season where witches use dark magic and others they restrain themselves in fasting looking natural.

Headcanon regarding Darkside-ification of the Body:

-Sith Eyes:

Not every Sith had them, but some did especially in the PT era. Are they thus optional? Are they a sign of something special happening compared to others without them?
    We know Sith are next level and not just like Dark Jedi or Darksiders. We know there are many ways to become a Sith, some fall like Dark Jedi, others are forced into it by poison, possession, etc. And some are Dark Jedi before being Sith, others not.
    Sith Eyes of course can be concealed by contact lenses or Force trickery to explain many others showing no signs, but that would not work for all I think. Therefore, Sith Eyes need to signify something special in the turn and character, like eyes are a window to the soul and as such, incited in a dark fire, should reflect the soul of the Sith and its taint and reason to turn. Sith Eyes are special in that even before the body takes its toll like chalkening or else mentioned below, the fall is sudden, like a deliberate choice of the character, a fall of the mind and soul more so than the body. But does such hold up with known Sith Eye-folks? Maul kidnapped and trained since birth, Anakin's slow yet increasing descent despite his best intentions and dark choices, etc.Dooku may have hidden it well, or he was of a noble mind but gave in for other reasons that doomed him ultimately but took their toll not on his un-Sithy eyes.
    I can not pinpoint Sith eyes to choice or a specific way to fall, but to the sole fact, as windows to the soul, however it happened, the being fully embraced the Dark Side with mind and soul more so than the body.

-Chalkening of Skin & burst blood vessels forming a kinda tatoo structure:

The absence of light causes the skin to chalken up, not just visible light, but the Light of Life, the Force. Abandoning it for the Dark Side will have the same effect on the body over time. When fighting constantly, increased use speeds up that process to within a games limited timetable. While this process seems to be more prominent in older eras and only to games so far, we need again to look for no generalization but as to why it happens sometimes but not always.
    Burst blood vessels begin to show the characters stress and change the skincolor around the bursts slowly till the skin chalkens completely and the strange burst patterns are tatooed over by the character sometimes. This stress relegated to the body and foremost its skin kinda delegates dark side stress to the skin, as every darkside use comes at a price (like magick), the user can subconsciously or consciously maybe direct where the toll takes effect but not escape the toll on him/her/them. Therefore, KOTOR etc. times era folks prefered it on the outside, the skin to show off their darkness, their strength, to warn others away maybe, or even because skin can be replaced and hidden behind armor, no need to hurt internal organs as a toll yet.
    Meanwhile in later times, the Sith and Darksiders wanted to hide from the dominant Jedi and required to look innocent on the outside, rather directing the dark side stress internal. Or merely showing where they could hide it, like Sith eyes or behind tatoos, using tricks and the Force to cover their darkside appearance changes.

-Monsterification of the face:

This leads us to the final phase, a toll so high you can not hide it anymore and it literally turns you into a monster, a golem, a vampiric creature with swollen, yellow eyes, skin and slowly turning into a hollow living dead creature servant of the dark side. Only Force Illusions can hide that level of Darkside showing, like Palpatine used to hide his until revealed by Mace Windu when overpowering his concentration to uphold it and when deflected lightning added to the disfigurement the darkside use had inflicted already.

-lack thereof:

As noted already, some can be hidden, by makeup, magick, the Force or medtech and tools. But not all and not forever. The Dark Side always takes its toll.

3. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    The Sun Crusher was created not solely as the result of Imperial engineering, but through the combination of the scientific genius of Qwi Xux and ancient Sith knowledge provided by Exar Kun. Would probably have to re-write some of the timeline of the Jedi Academy Trilogy so that the Sun Crusher is built or completed after Kyp escapes the Maw. But it would probably be a better explanation for how this indestructible star-killing superweapon came about.

All other Imperial superweapon projects, save for the Death Star, do not come to fruition in this headcanon, and Dark Empire doesn't happen.

Last edited: May 10, 2023
  4. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    So I'm not quite sure where to ask this (maybe reddit on TheMawInstillation, but I'm here right now, not there); I'm I wrong in remembering that in regards to this list...

[​IMG]

...it was stated by the author/someone at LFL that the list is not supposed to be read in a particuler order?; I feel like I saw that said at one point but I've never been able to find the qoute.

That's actually a really good point.

CosmoHender likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Jedi Survivor Headcanons:
    -The Kenobi purge trooper design was very new in that show, and so only a handful of the troops stationed at the fortress had the new armor yet, with purge troopers in the field
    -Many of the Bedlam Raiders were former members of CIS militia and mercenaries, such as the vibroblade brigade, who Rayvis recruited after being freed. The engineers among their ranks helped get the Koboh droid force operational.
    -The lightsaber wielding Bedlam Raider lieutenants actually are force sensitive, if weakly so, and Dagan Gera didn't have time to given them any more training than a crash course in lightsaber combat.
    -Mogus are Swamp Wampas. But since Hoth and Wampas are obscure, they got a new name.
    -In general, Koboh has little or no native life, but ancient forgotten terraforming projects resulted in many local subspecies of creatures from all over the galaxy.

Star Wars Visions S2 Headcanons
    -The Inquisitor from bandits of Golak was an Argazadan.
    -Golak itself was originally settled by Chalactan colonists, but became a regional trading center with a diverse populace, notably close to Quarzite.
    -Aau's song takes place very soon after the Sith War, before jedi order had a chance to fully recover and become more formalized - and before the rediscovery of Illum, hence the jedi relying on the dangerous corrupted kyber.
    -While largely a self-contained cell, the spy operation from the Spy Dancer did have connections to Rebel Intelligence and Bothan Spynet.
    -The Sith Mother's ship is a semi-organic design made with sith alchemy.

Young Jedi Adventures Headcanons:
    -Taborr is a rich kid mostly playing at being a pirate.
    -Poobas are related to Ewoks, possibly genetically modified for increased strength at the cost of a high metabolism.
    -Lys has a storied career working with the galactic society of creature enthusiasts and discovers many new species in the course of her jedi duties.
    -The Raxlo corporation consists of just Raxlo and his droid because of downsizing taken too far.
    -Tenoo was a major jedi safe house during the sith war, and a center of post war exploration and rebuilding. It was largely abandoned as the jedi shifted focus to parts of the galaxy that needed them more, but the sector being relatively safe made it a perfect place for an outpost temple on training younglings in a more independent manner.

CosmoHender and Dream-Thinker like this.
  6. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    My general Headcanon regarding Fallen Order in Legends is an alternate ending to that game, where Cere arrives earlier and sacrifices herself against Vader, allowing Cade and the now repentant Trilla to escape. They, alongside Merrin return to Dathomir, where they form the Stinging Mantis Tribe whih becomes a haeven for surving Nightsisters and other "Outcasts" of the Dathomirian Soctiety. Also Cal, Trilla and Merrin eventually end up in a poly relationship with each other.

Greez contiues on as as a merc, eventually fighting as pilot for the Rebellion, occasionally visting his friends on Dathomir.

7. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    This individual was a Yuuzhan Vong that was somehow captured by the Confederacy.

SpecForce Trooper and K2771991 like this.
  8. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    The Imperial announcer in Battlefront II (2005) is Captain Mulchive Wermis

SpecForce Trooper and K2771991 like this.
  9. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    I found this gorgeous art online of an Imperial/Venator hybrid in Republic colors today...

[​IMG]
    ...and it is now how I headcanon the appearence of the canon Imperator-class Star Destroyer.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well that's beautiful, @K2771991! [face_love]

Could it instead be a VSD/Venator hybrid?

I had a growing headcanon that the Empire had so many VSDs because many of them were hybrid Venator's, their squadron numbers cut down for missile launchers (in line with the Victory I).

K2771991 likes this.
  11. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    @Sinrebirth sure, I don't see why not.

I just really like it as the Imperator, since in canon that's supposed to be A) a dinstictive ship from the ISD-I that served as the basis for it and C) was a Republic design, and this hits all the keys I'd expect from a "missing link" between the Venator and the ISD.

(My personal take on the VSDs is they were introduced to supplement the Venators, serving as the Kirov-class Battlecruisers to their Kiev-class Cruiser-Carriers, and were actually the vessels that got the majority of the focus for production during the war out of the two)

Dream-Thinker and Sinrebirth like this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Make that a Tector!

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Tector needs to be able to blend in with regular ISDs for the ROTJ fleet scene.

That's why I prefer Fractalsponge's Tector, which is mostly ISD except for no belly hanger and bulge (for the Falcon belly-skimming scene), an extra terrace (to fit in the moved-up reactor that flattens the ship's belly) and extra guns (since it's more battleship and less carrier than the ISD).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ah yes the Tector-class Star Destroyer.

I do consider the Republic/Empire only build four, because of their Clone Wars woes.

K2771991 likes this.
  15. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I would love to see the full Tector-class design. ECHenry should get cracking :)

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I headcanon that Harrsk's task force represents the last of the Tector's the Empire had, and they were lost during the Imperial Civil War.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Thrawn got his Palpatine DNA from Ederlathh Pallopides.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I do not want to imagine how many Kemp clones are Palpatines and have offspring with who ever else the Kemp clones were.

Then again, I like the thought that all Sith Eternal are Palpatine, hence bandaged faces as only one at a time may show his face to the public.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  19. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    Ederlathh Pallopides's grandaughter (the last living heir of the Palpatine family) married Fel II to resolve a dispute over the Imperial throne between the Palpatines and the Fels, becoming Roan Fel's mother and thus making Sia a blood descendent of both the Skywalkers and the Palpatines.

Last edited: May 22, 2023
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  20. I see the EU as the Lucas Arts Universe since the Video Games like KOTOR, SWTOR or Jedi Knight takes place in the same Universe i love the EU because the Original KOTOR Games are Canon to the EU

Kol Skywalker had Red Hair since Mara Jade is his Grand Grandmother

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2023
    K2771991 likes this.
  21. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Um, wasn't Pallopides a pre-teen when she was murdered?

22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Admiral who put her forward as a compromise was murdered.

Ederlathh vanished.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  23. Dark Empire Palpatine was Stronger than Rise of Skywalker Palpatine but Disney Canon Palpatine is a better Master of Manipulation since he fooled the Galaxy for 30 Years that he was not Alive i think Disney Canon Palpatine had a bigger impact in the Galaxy with his Reign of Terror Legends Palpatine is Stronger for me but Disney Canon is more Scary in my opinion Disney Canon Palpatine could be the Vitiate of the Disney Universe

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2023
  24. K2771991

Dec 21, 2019
    @Noash_Retrac yeah, what Sin said.

To be fair, there's a fair chance she was killed as well, but all we know is that she disapeared so it's possible to speculate Thrawn just sent her off somewhere in case he ever needed a puppet ruler or something/becuase she was a little kid and he did'nt see a need to kill her.

I mean, Legends Palpatine could have fooled the galaxy into think he was dead longer too, if he had wanted to.

25. I think Disney Canon Palpatine had a better chance of Winning i am sure Disney Canon Palpatine became the Sith Master in a much younger age than Legends or EU Palpatine Disney Canon Palpatine had more time to create Plans for the Sith Victory i am sure New Canon Palpatine was the Sith Master long time before TPM in the Disney Universe

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2023
    K2771991 likes this.