main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    He does feel very Yoda - as if all Sith are his students. Perhaps not Vol; I could see him being older than Yur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vialco likes this.
  2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I agree. I think Vol was probably the oldest member of the Circle. I do lament that we didn't get to see the final battle between him and Abeloth. That would have been quite the spectacle.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  3. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Alternative timelines can occur through key points in history.
    - This could lead to a longer Yuuzhan Vong War but with a fully-healed Ackbar returning and winning the Battle of Mon Calamari and Zonama Sekot being a bit more helpful.
    - Anakin Skywalker accompanied by another Jedi to Palpatine's office who stops Mace Windu's death but fails to prevent Order 66. Anakin doesn't fall to the dark side and instead flees into exile with Padme and hundreds of other Jedi (along with clones who defy Order 66).
    - Jacen Solo was switched by a clone prior to the Vong War and that revelation is revealed after the Abeloth-Crucible crisis.
    - Luke and Mara get married sooner and have more than one child.
    - Leia never becomes Chief of State after Mon Mothma abdicates, instead going to Garm Bel Iblis and later Borsk Fey'lya.
    - General Grievous accidentally kills Palpatine during the Battle of Coruscant shortly after Dooku's death.
    - Luke and Leia's parentage is never revealed to be linked to Darth Vader.

4. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Sifo Dyas was Dooku's padawan.

5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I think this fits better in The Plot Bunny Donation and Index Thread then the head canon one

6. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    The Ackbar and Jacen one are mixed in with my headcanons anyway.
    - Ackbar was poisoned to make it look like old age (same technology that almost got Mon Mothma but more advanced).
    - Jacen Solo of 9-24 ABY is different from Jacen Solo of 25-41 ABY because the two are separate beings.

7. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    At the dark edges of the Lake of Apparitions lie the Prisons of the Damned. Dark grottos beneath the surface of the lake where the most evil and diabolical Darksiders are imprisoned and suffer for all their crimes in life. Darth Bane has one of the largest caves, while Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd and Exar Kun occupy the oldest enclosures. Darth Sidious occupies the most secure of all the prisons, with dark grey chains holding him inside his cell, made of the spirits of all the Jedi he had killed at the end of the Clone Wars.

None of Sidious's apprentices occupy the Prisons. Maul resides in a different, less harsh place of punishment, along with his brother and mother. Count Dooku was rescued after a while by Qui-Gon's spirit.

Darth Caedus resides next to Lumiya's confinement, but the spirits of Anakin Skywalker and Vergere are able to visit him and are slowly helping him to atone and repent for his sins. That's why he's able to appear to Luke in the Mirror of Remembrance.

PCCViking and Noash_Retrac like this.
  8. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Honestly. That was a BEAUTIFUL story imagination.

Sinrebirth and Force Smuggler like this.
  9. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Thanks. I figured that if you can see the spirits of both Jedi and Sith in the Lake, then the spirits of the Dark Lord's of old have to be lurking around there somewhere.

It would be interesting if Darth Krayt went to that part of the Lake and consulted with the spirits of his predecessors. We know he can Mind Walk.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Yunzabit and PCCViking like this.
  10. Darth Krayt let Cade Skywalker to kill him

11. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Some ideas reposted:
    • Kir Kanos fought Kyle Katarn at some point. This must've happened.
    • 4-LOM would have eventually joined the Jedi Praxeum, though he did not necessarily have Force powers. He and Zuckuss would have founded the New Republic's first bounty hunter guild. It would have been cool. But his personality was destroyed and the plans were ruined because the authors did not want to deal with the possibility of a droid who could have Force precognition. Thanks for killing the best Tales of Bounty Hunters story besides Dengar's, authors!
    • "Ken" Palpatine's full first name is Kenner. It's a neat reference to the classic action figures, and is marginally less lame than having a Star Wars character named "Ken."
    • It was not really Han and the Millennium Falcon that rescued Tyber Zann from Kessel, but really Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Or Rik Duel and the Moonshadow. This is a headcanon retcon.
    • The Sith/Dark Jedi equivalent to a Jedi conclave is called a "Sith Sabbat."
    And more:

Anakin pulled Palpatine into Space-Hell

At the end of Dark Empire or ROTJ (take your best pick), the space ghost of Anakin Skywalker overcame Palpatine's spirit and pulled him into Chaos, thus truly fulfilling the destiny of the Chosen One. That makes the Palpatine clone in DEII and Empire's End (and DE1 as well if you prefer) a liar, madman, and an entirely different personality from the original Palpy. Or DEII and EE never happened, if you'd like. [2019 edit: or the Clone Emperor trilogy still does happen, but it's Anakin Skywalker instead of Empatojayos Brand who has a space ghost who defeats Palpatine.]

Kir Kanos is currently guarding Imperial heir Ken

After some training in the Young Jedi Academy, Ken left to find his father Triclops. However, he was discovered by former Royal Guardsman Kir Kanos, who swore service to the boy as true heir to the Empire. He taught the boy what little he knew of the Dark Side, and their whereabouts are unknown.

Maarek Steele was brought down by Rookie One, Keyan Farlander, and Ace Azzameen [or vice versa]

Because it took three LucasArts games heroes (one a Jedi!) to kill the legend. [Main point is all of these pilots were involved in one massive dogfight at one point. Feel free to throw in any other non-Wedge/non-Rogue Squadron video game fighter pilots into this mix.]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Hamburger_Time likes this.
  12. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    After the Blockade of Naboo, Sheev Palpatine met Jar Jar Binks for the first time and fell madly in love with the simple Gungan. Using all his talents of seduction and persuasion, Palpatine romanced Binks and they began a long, loving, secret relationship that lasted up to the start of the Clone Wars. In the aftermath of the First Battle of Geonosis, Binks became furious with his lover, blaming the Chancellor for manipulating him into calling for a vote for Emergency Powers. Despite all of Sheev's pleas and imploring, Binks ended their relationship, refusing to be with someone he could not trust.

Hearbroken and devastated by the rejection of the only person he'd ever truly loved, Sheev threw himself into his sinister plots with new fervor. When the Galactic Empire was finally formed, Sheev initiated widespread anti-alien policies to satisfy his grudge against Binks. But despite his anger and sorrow, Emperor Palpatine could never bring himself to harm his former lover, and allowed Binks to return to Naboo and live in peace for the rest of his days.

To memorialize his lost love, the Emperor built a secret memorial for Binks in a hidden chamber in the Imperial Palace. There, he kept all of his precious mementos, holovids and most precious of all, the Gungan Fertility Totem that Binks had gifted him on his last Life Day that they had spent together. As a tribute to his love, and to any lingering feelings he felt, Palpatine decreed that the Gungan species was not to be harmed by any Imperial forces.

On the morning of the last day of his life, in his chambers on Death Star II, Emperor Palpatine glanced at a framed holoportrait of himself and Binks at a Coruscant Gala, taken decades ago. For a brief moment, a single ray of light shone into the black heart of the Galactic Emperor and he allowed himself to remember a time he was truly happy.

On Naboo, during the celebrations after the Battle of Endor, Jar Jar Binks took a moment to look out at the stars and remember the good times he had enjoyed with his love.

Because love doesn't have to be defined by gender or even species. Palpatine even took the time to teach Jar Jar proper Basic so he could say "I love you" properly.

13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    ^^^^^ What the heck did I just read??!!!!!

PCCViking likes this.
  14. Still a better love story than Reylo

Hamburger_Time and Vialco like this.
  15. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    I'm choosing to be a little offended by this.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  16. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Dark Empire Palpatine isn't Palpatine but Darth Vitiate, brought back with Sith necromancy.

He's NOT the Emperor.

But he IS a powerful Sith Lord who has the power to destroy everything.

17. Battlehymn_Republic

Battlehymn_Republic Jedi Master star 2

Oct 6, 2007
    Is your name Ken

18. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Regarding the matter of chaos and damnation-it's my take that it's very much psychological. Palpatine described it as "madness and loneliness without end"-which is interesting? Is loneliness something he feels? Is that what all Sith Lords feel who end up there?

Also after death redemption and atonement is possible-Ajunta pall the very first Sith Lord did so, and I firmly believe that Jacen eventually did so as well-even if this was never revealed to his family.

Non force sensitives don't go to the netherworld-when they die their spirits or life energies fade much faster-they may catch brief glimpses of the netherworld before their identities fade back into the force.

Which means that the afterlife for most people in SW isn't a particularly desirable one-but isn't terrible per se-one no longer retains individual identity or consciousness, their energy or essence simply rejoins the force. Like a bucket of water being thrown back into the stream.

19. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Indeed it is.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

20. Vialco

Mar 6, 2007
    Lumiya was the reigning Dark Lady of the Sith. Her claims of inadequacy due to lost limbs were lies to feed Jacen's ego. But unlike Sidious and Krayt, she just wanted to ruin Luke Skywalker. Revenge was her great motivator. Sith rule of the Galaxy was an objective, but a secondary one because she knew that the One Sith would eventually succeed if the Rule of Two failed. Her grand scheme was meant to result in the end of the Jedi and the nephew of Skywalker ruling the Galaxy as a new Sith Lord. That part didn't quite work out, but she still got the revenge she wanted. After the Second Galactic Civil War, Luke Skywalker was left a weary widower whose son had been through a horrible ordeal. Lumiya did win, after a fashion.

21. Luke's TLJ counterpart in Legends is jorus c'baoth

22. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Rakata are still alive and well on Lehon as of the Legacy comics.

Lord Sith Harloxzz likes this.
  23. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Which issue was that in the Legacy series?

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    It's my headcanon.

25. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    - Duel of the Fates is Tilotny's battle chant.

- The Rakata believe that they have a divine right to the rule the universe.