main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Luke actually went into exile as a combination of depression from what went down with Ben and because in that moment he discovered the rebirth of Darth Sidious. He went to Ahch-To to contain Sidious, much like Revan contained Vitiate.

When Rey arrived, Luke's grumpy demeanor was a result of this spirit battle he'd been having with Sidious. He wasn't quite himself when Rey showed up. This is also true of when he sparked his lightsaber over a sleeping Ben, Sidious was attacking Luke's spirit just as he was corrupting Ben's.

When Luke passed after confronting Kylo via doppelganger, it freed Sidious to launch his Final Order.

IG: @jedisufism

2. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    Remember how in TPM it was a major plot point that slaves had an explosive chip planted somewhere on their bodies so they couldn't escape?

My headcanon is that at some point a Hutt lost a whole bunch of valuable slaves when their chips malfunctioned and began detonating randomly. (Or maybe it was intentional sabotage). As a result the use of these chips fell out of style.

This explains why the Hutts, Empire, and other bad guys never used these chips again even when they'd be really useful. (Seriously, the Empire probably would've won the war if they could just push a button and make Leia explode as soon as she was whisked off of the Death Star).

Vialco and ColeFardreamer like this.
  3. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    I envision the "blow your head off if you try to escape" chips as expensive and difficult to implant. So they're a good investment if you have slaves you want to have a degree of independence, but not worth it for prisoners who are going to be kept under close supervision. So in the case of Leia on the Death Star, she was in a cell and they were planning to execute her as soon as they finished interrogating her, so it wasn't worth the hassle of installing a noggin exploder.

Vialco, Riv_Shiel and JediBatman like this.
  4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Can't be that hard for a slave to just find a tech to jam the signal and remove the thing, right?

JediBatman likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Makes a lot of sense. Luke couldn't lift the X-Wing because it seemed too heavy to him, and Yoda told him that he needed to unlearn his preconceptions to get the most out of the force.

So it seems the force has whatever limitations someone with the force believes them to have, so when you have all your force kids being taught their wholes lives the power will fade...

6. Jedi Comedian

Jedi Comedian Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2012
    That's also my headcanon for how Rey takes to the Force so quickly - she's grown up with stories of the amazing feats of the Jedi and Luke in particular, so when Han tells her that those stories are all true, she has complete faith that she can use the Force to do anything.

It also means that Luke is directly responsible for Rey's abilities without even realising it. ;)

7. vstarvan

vstarvan Jedi Master star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    It's also why babies tend to show a natural attunement to the force; they aren't burdened by their conscience. As they grow older, they become more self-aware and lose that natural bridge if untrained.

Second headcanon: Luke showed signs of the force as an infant, but quickly grew out of it. Owen and Beru didn't indulge his powers for the same reason they wanted Obi-wan to keep his distance; out of fear of it making Luke a target.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Considering Rey is the audience surrogate of the Saga, above and beyond either preceding Skywalker, I'd go so far as to say this actually closer to canon-canon than the head type.

TFA is essentially the in-universe version of the ol' "Star Wars fan transported into the GFFA" story.

Semi-related head-canon: Anakin, like Rey, tried performing mind tricks because he'd heard the stories of the Jedi.

Unfortunately he tried it out on Watto, which left him dejected and convinced he had no Jedi talents after all. :p

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  9. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh, interesting, I hadn't thought about working in reverse like that, but that makes sense (well, I assume there is some limit and it isn't a clap your hand and believe type of system, but I definitely see mindset affecting your potential)

...Hmm...makes me wonder if the jedi's psychic like abilities and the nightersister's magical abilities are so different primarily because of mindset (cause honestly as much as the jedi are the mystic/faith side of star wars usually, I noticed they can get pretty dismissive when faced with force abilities outsider their normal understanding and assume they are mere illusions)

Excellent point.

Makes me wonder if that is part of the reason the Jedi recruited so young - not just fear of the dark side, but it being easier to train kids who don't have time to develop preconceptions about possible and impossible.

Jedi Comedian, Vialco and vstarvan like this.
  10. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    "Dooku: Jedi Lost" told us that the order had abandoned the practice and endorsment of Jedi Seers and visions of the future due to their nature of becoming selfulfilling and leading Jedi down dark paths in trying to avoid them. Yet during the Prequels Yoda and Councilors talk about how impossible to see the future is because the shroud of the dark side has fallen and is clouding everything.

In fact that was not the dark sides doing. The Jedi simply didn't like what their seers saw and thought by abandoning them they'd get rid of the problem. Now blind to the future they did not want to acknowledge nor recognise as a warning sign about their hidden enemies in the present, the Jedi started to complain and blame everything on the dark side while in fact their own ignorance was what blinded them.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Didn't Dooku Jedi Lost also show that Qui gon was working with a seer in the later part of his training? Master Urubura or something?
    My take isn't that Jedi rejected prophesy of any type, the fact that they still had seers and Yoda even tried to get a glimpse of the future is an indication of that.
    The more accurate description from my POV is the Jedi reject relying excessively on seers, "always in motion is the future, and many possible futures there are."

If you take a vision to literally you risk missing what is in front of you. This was the case with Luke when he fails to rescue his friends, Anakin when he fails to save Padme, and even Qui gon didn't get the whole picture in Master and Apprentice (Which introduced the Jedi's skepticism of prophesy). It's important that the Jedi be mindful of the future (As stated in TPM), but not at the expense of the moment. No visions are definitive, Dooku Jedi Lost itself showed us a vision where the Jedi succeeded in killing Palpatine and taking over the Republic. Visions can guide, but if you rush to assume they are destined to come true things can go really bad.
    Thats my interpretation at least.

JediBatman and Jedi Comedian like this.
  12. MercenaryAce

Aug 10, 2005
    Starfortress can swap out their bomb chutes for missile wracks for space combat normally, but the Resistance was so low on material and time that they weren't able to do so and had to attack the dreadnaught while in an atmo bombing configuration

JediBatman, ColeFardreamer and Vialco like this.
  13. EU Dooku was a hero that wanted to make the Galaxy great

14. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    fixed it for you!

15. EU dooku and revan were SW itachi uchihas

16. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Revan and Tarre Vizla are the same dude.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I could honestly see that happening in canon.

Dawud786 likes this.
  18. So Revan become Mandalorian? but he hates Mandalorians

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

We don't know his Canon story.

20. maybe Tarre Vizla is canon Mandalore the Ultimate

21. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I haven't worked it all out yet. I just think Tarre Vizla could be am interesting way to bring Revan into Canon. We could squish the timeline somewhat, and when the Mandalorians stole the Darksaber during the "fall of the old Republic," could be merged with the attack on the Jedi Temple from SWTOR Decieved.

This is all before the Jedi Order as we know it from the Republic/High Republic/Clone Wars 1,000 year reign came into existence from a more monastic faction of Jedi.

Their predecessors, extending to before Revan/Tarre's time period were perhaps a little more aggressive than what the pre-Clone Wars Jedi Order was supposed to be. They perhaps have their origins with the Je'daii of Tython.

22. P4KISTAN

P4KISTAN Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2013
    This would actually help in explaining what Snoke's purpose is and why he is hell bent in finding Luke (as a proxy of Sidious and all)...

23. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I was watching a video of SWTOR's new expansion with the Emperor and showing his 3 forms. Really made me think of how similar some of that stuff is to TROS.

P4KISTAN, PCCViking and Sinrebirth like this.
  24. Cade Skywalker is not a real Skywalker but a faker his father Kol was the last true Skywalker Cade stole the name just like Rey stole the Skywalker name in canon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2020
  25. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    A conversation along this vein happened prior to Anakin marching off with the clones to the Jedi Temple:

Emperor: "I want you to go to the Jedi Temple. We will catch them off balance. Do what must be done, Lord Vader. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

Anakin clearly looks disturbed.

Emperor: "Please, speak my friend."

Anakin: "The younglings..."

Emperor: "Ah, yes. I truly wish it could be otherwise my apprentice, but unlike you, all Jedi, even the youngest only have memories of the Jedi as their guardians and family. Perhaps some could put aside their conditioning and be loyal, peaceful subjects in the new order to come, but it is a great risk to hope they forget. Better to purchase one last loss of innocent blood in this terrible war than endure spats of violence for years to come."

Anakin: "They did not become Jedi by choice."

Emperor: "If you think you can separate the wheat from the chaff, feel free to do so Lord Vader."

Then Anakin and the troopers set off and the scourging of the temple begins. Anakin's intentions quickly devolve. Anakin struggles to define an age limit. The clones are relentless and Anakin cannot be everywhere to stop them, especially when, even the youngest, fight back to defend their home and as Jedi are running to protect the youngest children. In the end, he resigns himself to Palpatine's view.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020