main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Old Ones = the Sith Gods = Yuuzhan Vong Gods = Zakuul Gods, albeit under different names.

Always six with a seventh aloof or above.

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Maybe in the past the Jedi also had Jedi Gods in an age before they abandoned the concept? I'd like to see those then either also be the same you mentioned, or other known entities among their ranks. Bendu could be one, the Mortis Family seems to be modern Jedi Gods albeit not treated as such anymore but in Jedi records likewise as Godlike beings not revered by them.

Given the shamanism of the early Jedi, they did rever Ashla and Bogan, moons of Tython. I'd like to add personified Ashla and Bogan as godlike entities like in "The Fourth Precept" of the Visionaries comic. Ashla, Bogan and Bendu as the original three Jedi Gods or the original Mortis family before the new arrivals (aka past Chosen One taking the throne from them) we knew from TCW?

Always love how the "gods" stories overlap, rhyme and even fill in each others blanks if you see all these as the same set of gods. One should write up summarised bios for each then built from all individuals story if known.

3. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    And a new headcanon:

Fact: Mustafar is cooling down and getting some greenery as started in ILM xLabs stories and seen in TROS with a swamp and trees around the Eye of Webbish Bog.

Not long and the region around Vader's castle will be lava free and the sulfur from the lava may remain a bit longer as acid rain. This essentially makes Mustafar look like Vjun where Vader had his Bast Castle on a world with acid rain in Legends.

Hence, Mustafar is slowly turning into Vjun!!!

Only downside, by TROS Vader's castle is in ruins and no longer intact as per TROS tie in sources.

4. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'm pretty sure it would take tens of millennia for a planet to realistically cool down. So for the time scale we deal with in any story, Mustafar will always be a lava planet.

*End nitpick*

Riv_Shiel and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    Why did I not know this footage was public?!?!??!? I'd seen the image of him, but never knew the footage was available. Wow. Very cool.

I guess along those lines, my head canon: any deleted scene that's not a contradiction happened.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
  6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    More blasphemy: TIE fighters have shields. They're a reasonably good match for an X-wing, rather than the expendable deathtraps we've come to know them as. More quality also means less quantity, so they're not as "plentiful as hydrogen" throughout the galaxy. The TIE/LN was first introduced around 10 BBY, but successive upgrades and updates have kept it in use for many years (just like how the basic X-wing evolved into the XJ series), By 0 BBY, the Empire was using the TIE/LN Mark 16.

By the time of the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Imperial Remnant is using updated versions of the I-7 Howlrunner and TIE interceptor (also has shields) as their main starfighters. TIE fighters are still a common sight, but are mostly used in second-line roles. The Scimitar assault bomber has replaced the TIE Bomber throughout most of the fleet, though the TIE Bomber is also still used in second-line duties. Some specialized squadrons are equipped with the TIE Defender and A-9 Vigilance, but these are somewhat rare.

Golbolco and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2016
    If Mara Jade was naturally born, I think her father was probably Kinman Doriana.

8. in Legends Yoda in his youth fell to the darkside in a search to know everything about the force maybe that is why he knew the rule of two and why Dooku sense a darkness in Yoda lin dark rendezvous

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2021
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  9. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Ryoo and Pooja Naberrie are part of the Amidalans and secretly fund them.

QuinlanSolo and Golbolco like this.
  10. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    I should have posted this on Saint Patrick's Day, but what the hell:

Casting headcanon: Pash Cracken and Judder Page look like the McManus brothers from Boondock Saints. Sound like them, too.

Cracian_Thumper likes this.
  11. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I like really want to headcanon that Pash Cracken flew at the Battle of Endor but it's impossible :(

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I wonder if it was a Strike class in name only - like how the SSD was concealed in a different project.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Biggs Darklighter is the Chosen One and son of Anakin Skywalker!

Before Kenobi brought young Luke to the Lars family, he tried several other parents and left him with the Darklighter family under another name, Biggs Darklighter, to hide his identity. To further protect little Biggs who was named Luke by Padmé, Kenobi stole another child and handed it to Owen and Beru Lars pretending it is Luke Skywalker so should Vader ever find him, he would take the wrong child off of Tatooine.

The Kenobi series deals with the psychological trauma of Kenobi having to live with these decisions and lies, Qui Gon comforting him through the Force.

[​IMG]

Sadly Biggs died in ANH thx to Vader, his father. Fake-Luke lived and learned the ways of the Force, which is why Kenobi never told him about Leia being his twin sister.. she isn't, cause she was Biggs twin sister! Nevertheless Fake-Luke became a hero. Though over time learning of his true parentage, he was devastated and thought thus Ben Solo is the next Chosen One, no longer believing in himself and his own destiny. Trauma influencing his teaching, he screwed up with Ben and exiled himself to Ach-To where Yoda later on would tell him that failure was his greatest strength.

14. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    Daneira likes this.
  15. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Would explain why the opening of Airplane 2 was in the style of the Star Wars opening crawl. :p

16. Vader would be a terrible Emperor Dooku would be like Fel Empire
    in some stories Palpatine is just Sate Pestage
    Even Palpatine dont know what his endgame is he is like Lucas he always change his mind
    TFU is a holomovie propaganda with Galen being Luke and his duel with Vader being a cinematic version of his duel in ROTJ
    Obi Wan and Yoda regretted not being participated in the Galactic Civil War

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  17. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    I have a list of specific Legends works that I consider headcanon to the Disney canon somewhere. When I get home tomorrow I'll try and dig it up and post it. That being said, I can post other SW related headcanon stuff.

• The Celestials are the same as the Ancient Humanoids from ST The Next Generation (and in turn the same as Sargon's species from TOS) and the Mortis Gods were three Celestials who ascended to merge with the Force and become avatars of it's various states; the Son and the Daughter are also the same as the Black Guardian and the White Guardian (just using different forms) from Doctor Who, and when the latter first talks to the Doctor in The Ribos Operation their meeting actually takes place on Mortis.
    • Humans exist in both the SW galaxy and the ST galaxy because the Celestials seeded life that evolved (under different circumstances) into two parellel versions of Humanity on both Coruscant and Earth.
    • The Osirians (also from Doctor Who) are/were the Immortal Gods of the Sith (with Sutekh specifically being Typhojem), explaining the Egyptian-style architecture of the ancient Sith.
    • The Beast (DW's version of Satan, who I headcanon as being the same as Fenric from the original show) was responsible for turning the Son to the Dark Side. The "Disciples of the Light" who defeated him before the creation of the present universe were the same beings as the Force Priestesses.
    • SW, E.T, Indiana Jones (or at least the first three Indy films and the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, making Crystal Skull work with Trek is...complicated) and Star Trek all take place in the same universe (an alternate realty to the universe that the Doctor is native to, which both Doctor Who AND Blake's 7 takes place in).
    • SW takes place in the Triangulum galaxy.
    • Quantum Slipstream (from ST) and hyperspace are different names for the same thing, as are the Breen energy dampening weapons from DS9 and SW ion cannons.
    • Rey's father is named Tricolps and her mother is named Reylinda.
    • Snoke was cloned from Cronal/Blackhole/Shadowspawn after he was killed by Luke at some point prior to the Sequel era (the scars he shows are from the blow/attack that killed his original template). Cronal in canon was member of the Acolytes of the Beyond rather then the Prophets of the Dark Side.
    • The Sith holocron from Rebels was made by Kriea/Darth Traya, and it's her voice we hear talking from it.
    • Luke had at least one fallen student before Ben (the canon counterpart to Krueller, I'd like to think), the warning signs of whose fall he failed to head and whose subsequent actions he holds himself responsible for, further explaining why he was momentarily temped to act against him in the hut.
    • Vanguard Five is Corran Horn (and his astromech droid is Whistler) and he was recruited into Rogues following Squadrons. Titan Three is Morna Kee from the Aftermath books, reassigned by Sloane to serve as her personal pilot after the events of the game.
    • Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors were present at the Battle of Scarif (Kyle on the ground as part of Rogue 1 and Jan in space flying the Moldy Crow), and Kyle was extracted from the planet prior to the Death Star beam leveling the area by Jan, who defied the retreat orders to descend groundside to save him (and possibly some other rebel troops).
    • Keyan Farlander was manning the gunners seat in Evaan Verliane's Y-wing during the Battle of Yavin. His (latent) Force-sensitivity helped the pair survive the battle.
    Doesn't Dooku's inner monologue in the ROTS novelization have him openly exposing speciesist views and an ideal of a galactic empire that is staunchly Humanosupremist, though? (unlike the Felpire views which was ruled by a Human Dynasty but seemed to be fairly inclusive)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Gen'Dai like Durge are fleshy non-plant versions of the Drengir when not armoring up to look humanoid... change my mind!
    Both may share a common ancestor that shapes every life, no matter if plant, flesh or else into the same type of being. Just wait for crystaline versions!

PS: Gen'Dai...the Dai is similiar to Dai Bendu.Any relation linguistically inuniverse?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Gen'Dai + Bendu = Dai Bendu.

You heard it here.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  20. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Gen'Dai Bendu sounds like Jedi Bendu... And if Gen may refer to genes then they could be Gene- or Flesh-Benders like straight out of AVATAR. DNA-Benders??? Fits Shapeshifting. Or Genderbending too.

Gesendet von meinem FP2 mit Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    K2771991 and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Aug 25, 2013
    Yeah, Dooku would be a real scumbag, I think. Mind you, he's got the political awareness that he would still be able to hold an Empire together much better than Vader... but I think at the end of the day, his Empire would be far more similar to Palpatine's than to Jagged Fel's.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    @Ackbar's Fishsticks IRRC Dooku actually describes the empire he is (at Palpatine's side, or so he believes...) planning on building as an "Empire of Man", which conjures up a certain image that would make even Palpatine's regime look fairly enlightened...

:p

Anyway something I forgot about that list of headcanon stuff the other day; when I say "Doctor Who exists in an alternate universe to SW et all" I'm not saying it always did for the beginning; my headcanon is that it only diverged circa 1963 (when the original show premiered). Any events of Doctor Who that take place BEFORE that take place in the same shared universe as everything else (and Inferno takes place in the ST Mirror Universe)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  23. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I need something, badly. Can we have "Hogan's Heroes" but a Star Wars version of it?

In Legends times I would have said, gimme more Wraith Squadron captured in an Imperial Prisoners of War Camp. But in canon, well Alexander Freed should draw from Alphabet Squadron and his Battlefront novel cast and do something like that before the Battle of Endor in an Imperial Camp where Rebels placed an intelligence unit.

Ok, maybe I am just impatient and the Cassian Andor show will be exactly this. Cassian sitting in an Imperial camp supervised by Krennic sneaking off whenever nobody is looking... cue Solo's Tag and Bink Troopers are back too and Cassian gets some new sidekicks as a team.

Stealing the Death Star plans one tiny piece at a time... over the course of 2 decades. We could even have Tarkin visit Krennic regularily (like in Hogan's Heroes Colonel Klink's boss visits quite a lot).

I even propose K2SO as the camps guard droid taking the role of Sargeant Schultz (always prefering to hear and see nothing lol).

24. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    *madly scribbling notes for a new fanfic idea*

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  25. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    If indeed Snoke is older than the Empire, despite being a strandcast clone or anything from earlier experiments of Palpatine and Plagueis... did he wear golden robes and clothes already back then?

And if so, did he ever visit Endor? Imagine the Ewoks going "Ooooooh The Golden One in the flesh!" revering him and his Forcepowers?