main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    My revised PT & OT Era markings as I posted in another thread. (Qui-Gon apprenticing Obi-Wan to just post-RotS, and immediately thereafter to just before the Alliance becomes the New Republic)

Also, I think I already posted this in this thread: but the Clone Wars being 7 years instead of 3.

Also: here's a new one. I was thinking in both Legends & Disney canons, the Separatists attack Kamino. So I was thinking earlier, why just once? Why were the Separatists able to attack such a valuable planet? Why didn't they try again? (other then Darth Sidious's will)

So I thought maybe Kamino isn't just the only system that clones Jango Fett for the clone army. So the value in Kamino itself goes down b/c it's not just the only one. Remember: we only see Kamino, but it's very rarely. There's nothing that says they don't clone Jango Fett anywhere else.

Or maybe after the attack, the Republic boosts its defenses there. In the Legends timeline, the Defense of Kamino happens fairly early on in the War, so it makes sense the Republic doesn't have it fortified in a galactic sense yet. Either Legends or Disney, once the Republic's able to repel the Separatists, it becomes clear to the CIS attacking Kamino is a suicide mission.
    So in the Disney timeline then, why isn't Kamino better defended when they attack? It's just as simple as the same reason Coruscant was able to be attacked by the Separatists -> other battles were occupying the Republic elsewhere.

I love the Kamino battle in both Legends & TCW/Disney. In addition to it being well-done in both, it makes so much sense from a tactical standpoint in why the Separatists would target it.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Alpha-Red likes this.
  2. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    The prequel Republic was officially called the "Second Galactic Republic", and had an Early, Middle, High, and Late period. It was followed by Sidious' "First Galactic Empire" (for a safe and secure society), which would then be overthrown by the "Third Galactic Republic".

3. vnu

vnu Jedi Master star 3

Sep 8, 2012
    The Battle of Kashyyyk that concludes Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader is the same Battle of Kashyyyk that opens The Force Unleashed. There is no need for a notable time-skip between them.

4. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Aurra Sing wasn't killed by Beckett, since we were only told she died. She survived the fall, but was eventually tracked down and murdered by a bounty hunter who was the son of someone she murdered years earlier. The name of this bounty hunter? A'Sharad Hett.

5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Agreed as to Solo and Beckett.

I assume Krayt kills her after LotF III and her fight with Jacen.

Daneira likes this.
  6. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
  7. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    After Vader threw the Emperor down the DS2 shaft and before Luke dragged his dying body to the shuttle in the hangar, the Red Guards stormed him like in TLJ Snokes Praetorian Guards did with Rey and Ren. He singlehandedly had to defeat them all as Vader watched proud of his son holding on clinging to life so he could warn Luke about Exegol and the fight not being over yet. But as the clinging to life took all his energy left, he only managed to ask to look upon his son with his own eyes once before dying in the hangar, contempt that the unresolved issue would be dealt with by the Force in proper time.

And another one:

Palpatine knew about the Endor wormhole and had the Death Star constructed actually around it. So when he fell into the shaft, he knew he'd hit the blue wormhole and trigger it to be transported to Mon Calamari alive, not dead, where according to the Jedi Prince series some Death Star 2 debris ended up!

From Dac it was just a short hop to Exegol, shorter than at least Endor would have been. Palpatine had planned to use the wormhole and trap the Rebels around Endor while he and his Death Star could wormhole right to Dac to destroy it without any Rebel nearby to defend it all trapped at Endor. He first noticed the wormholes existance during TCW when the oceans produced strange items from far away worlds without any explanation during explorations, which resulted in it becoming a major Separatist and Imperial target due to its mysterious importance related to the wormhole he initially mistook for access to the World between Worlds.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    wmu'14 and Dream-Thinker like this.
  8. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
    Some Freemaker Adventures headcanons:

-Naare is one of the Emperor's Hands.
    -The planet Wortan is ruled/named after the Wortan family, which is why Ignacio's last name is the same as his planet.
    -Graballa is the offspring of Ziro.

I'll probably have some more later. I'm only seven episodes in. XD

9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The Rakata consider “Gungan” to be an insult because they see Gungans as “un-masculine”.

Chrissonofpear2 and VexedAtVohai like this.
  10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    How do they feel about "Ongree"?

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m not sure. I also wonder how they feel about “Bivall”.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  12. Underworld backstory is the origin story of Palpatine in Disney Canon
    like the idea of Palpatine being a tragic chracter like Vader
    Legends Obi Wan still use the Jedi tunic in hiding for the sadness emptiness he had during Order 66, Vader duel Legends Obi Wan almost fall to the Darkside during the Dark Times even let the Empire win and not train Luke

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2021
  13. Darth Bane used the same purple lighstsaber crystal that Revan used maybe he found the crystal when he found Revan holocron or found it later
    Durge meet Bane once
    Obi Wan 2003 Clone Wars armor is from SWTOR era
    11-4D is the droid that we see in ROTS in Anakin transformation in Darth Vader

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
  15. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    According to the Wook Sabine was born before Satine died.

Daneira and Dream-Thinker like this.
  16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    THIS IS THE HEADCANON THREAD. I CAN CHANGE THAT!

17. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?!?!

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    The farther away from the Core you get, the less common belief in The Force is.

19. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    That's interesting.

Generally speaking, the cliche is that the more "developed" a country or social class is (which the Core is generally portrayed as), the more materialistic/rationalistic/atheistic it is. Which would also mesh with the common portrayal of the Empire (which fully embraces this worldview, at least officially) as having the Core Worlds as the root of its belief system.

On the other hand, the GFFA is a universe where we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that "the supernatural" is real, and the Jedi, the most prominent practitioners of the Force, are (apart from interludes like the Empire), are based in the Core and close to the government, so...

20. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean I believe the further away from the core, the more it seems logical that people think the Jedi are and always have been a myth.

21. Dream-Thinker

May 20, 2020
  22. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    A headcanon for the future until proven otherwise: Taika Waititti will do a psychedelic Darth Bane movie and we get to see Lord Valenthyne Farfalla and wooden spaceships in live action finally! At least we will get a half-Bothan... with full ones still a mystery. Bane will at one point visit a Tho Yor like the Mortis Monolith but with different equally strange insides.

23. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    General Hux not only has a cat named Millicent located aboard the Finalizer in his private quarters, but he also has an entire elaborate tea cup collection depicting orange cats and a set of cat-themed vases.

QuinlanSolo likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Without the Chips Order 66 would not have been a rounding success.

Also

If Mace had killed Palpatine, Civil War would have happened the Empire or some Empire of a sorts would have formed.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Oh yeah, I think my headcanon would directly contradict yours in both cases..

I always imagined that Palpatine would turn the Republic's citizens against the Jedi, and the clones would have gone along with it only reluctantly. No chips, or mental conditioning or any of that.

Also, if Mace had killed Palpatine...it would've been a very bumpy and ugly road back to a semblance of democracy. But no civil war, and things would have gotten better slowly.