main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shattered Remembrance (L/M, H/L, drama, angst) - Thank You!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-2B, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Title: Shattered Remembrance
    Author: Jedi-2B
    Timeframe: Toward the end of Vision of the Future, just as L&M are returning to Coruscant.
    Characters: L/M, H/L
    Genre: drama, angst
    Keywords: L/M, EU, AU
    Summary: Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade are looking forward to beginning their life as a happy couple. But as they say, the best laid plans ...
    Notes: I'm going out on a limb, and starting to post before I have the ending of the story worked out in my mind. I blame it on PonyTricks' influence. Many thanks to her and RebelMom for their helpful hints and betaing, especially when I drove them crazy agonizing over details. I'm shooting for posting once a week, every Monday, which may change if my muse cooperates.
    Disclaimer: All things Star Wars belong to Mr. Lucas, even if we don't always agree with what he allows others to do with them.

***Due to this story being truncated during the boards' move, you can read it in its entirety at ff.n, here:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4867819/1/Shattered-Remembrance

(My other stories can also be found there. Just click on my name at the beginning of any of them.

Chapter One

Mara Jade spared a quick smile of satisfaction as she settled the Chiss fighter into New Republic Intelligence's secure hanger. She allowed the smile to return, and linger, as Luke Skywalker nodded in approval.

"Nice touch down," he complimented after acknowledging Control's final instructions.

"Adequate," she replied smartly. "Considering I can't read any of the markings on the instrument panel."

"Well, you did get to practice at the Alliance base we stopped at," he returned, a slight pout coloring his voice.

"Oh, did you want to do the landing this time?"

Luke just shook his head in mock dismay as he unbuckled his safety harness. "I get dibs on the next alien ship we pick up."

"Fair enough."

After Luke signed an authorization pad for the ship, the couple left the grey austere building, blinking in the bright Coruscant sunlight.

"Leia and Han should be landing soon." Luke let one hand trail down Mara's arm. "Are you sure you won't come with me to meet them?"

Mara rolled her neck, stretching out the kinks. "I really need to check in at Karrde's office."

"If he's there, are you going to tell him? About us, I mean?"

"I was planning on saving that until you're along." Mara narrowed her eyes in suspicious. "Are you telling your sister?"

"I'd rather we'd both be present for that, too." Luke gave a weak smile. "But I'm not sure I can hide it, especially from Leia."

Mara shrugged her shoulders, pretending to study the polluted fog that hung low between the nearby buildings. "Tell her, if you want. With any luck, the shock will have worn off by the time they see me."

"They'll be happy for us," Luke insisted in that eternally optimistic tone he had.

"Hmmm? Maybe the Caamas Document will distract her."

"I'm sure Leia will insist you come for dinner this evening." He raised one eyebrow questioningly.

"It's not polite to invite company to another person's home."

"You're going to be family, not company." Luke paused. "And perhaps, after dinner, we could go back to my apartment, for some, uh, quiet time alone."

"We just spent several weeks alone together." Mara casually tucked a strand of hair behind one ear as a warm breeze wafted around them.

"I meant, without any Imperials or Chiss or leathery flying companions. Without anyone shooting at us, or drowning us, or trying to recruit us for their Empire. You know, somewhere with ? uh ? comfortable furniture, and, uh ?"

Mara reached out a hand to halt his fumbling. "I know what you meant, and it sounds wonderful." She grinned wryly. "Though you're still pathetic at being devious."

Chuckling at how well Mara could read him, Luke glanced at the short row of airtaxis parked in front of the installation's entrance. "We could share a taxi."

"We're going in opposite directions, farmboy." She favored him with an amused smirk. "Are you that worried I'll leave you if you let me out of your sight?"

Luke shook his head. "You, leave a great catch like me? Never." He brushed his fingers lightly through her hair, and all thoughts of a smart come

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    *edit* - Oh.... NOOOO!!! :eek: :eek: You killed off Luke in the very first post?!? :_| Now who will Mara fall in love with? Wes Jansen? ;)

I see you finally decided on a title. :D

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh great start! :D Please put me on your PM list! I don't want to miss a post. ;)

Only a few minutes away from arriving at her destination, Mara felt a cold prickle on the back of her neck. She scanned the surrounding vehicles, one hand brushing the reassuring weight of her lightsaber. Nothing seemed out of order. Traffic was always heaviest this time of day, and the current flow of speeders was no exception. Luke's warm presence echoed back her inquiry in his direction; he was fine, but she got the feeling that he'd felt a warning tickle also, perhaps even stronger than she had. Gripping the edge of the worn leather seat, Mara considered her options. She started to reach for her comm, hoping that Luke would have a better grasp on the Force-warning, when shock and pain suddenly exploded through her. Sucking in a gasping breath, she struggled to control her emotions enough to ascertain that she hadn't been injured.

Luke had.

And she could no longer sense him at all.

Uh oh. [face_worried] You won't let anything TERRIBLE happen to him, will you? [face_praying]

=D=

4. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006
    Oooh, a new Jedi-2B fic? I'm on board. PMs if you're keeping a list, please? [face_praying]

5. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    *peeks in*

I'm not sure ginchy is strong enough for this. [face_laugh] I'll try for you, gal. ;)

But, oh man. *picks up heart from where it fell into belly*

Okay. Yes, okay. *wipes brow* eeeeeeeek!

[face_laugh]

Can't wait for more...!

6. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    :eek:
    :_| Please tell me Luke's not dead! Don't let him be dead. [face_praying]

"Well, you did get to practice at the Alliance base we stopped at," he returned, a slight pout coloring his voice.
    "Oh, did you want to do the landing this time?"
    Luke just shook his head in mock dismay as he unbuckled his safety harness. "I get dibs on the next alien ship we pick up."
    "Fair enough."

[face_laugh] That was cute.

Great first post! You've captured Luke and Mara's characters perfectly. I'm really interested to see where you take this. Can I have a pm? [face_batting]

Wonderful! =D= =D= =D= =D=

7. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    Awwwwww! [face_love]

Well, I truey hope you did not kill Luke at this point....this would be too much for me right now![face_worried]

Anyway, I want to read more, can I have PMs as well?[face_batting]

cheers,

VeryBusy

8. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Ooooooooooooooooooooh! Great fic so far! I'm just hoping Luke is okay. If you have a PM list would you add me to it? Thanks!

Bravo! =D=

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    just because she can't feel him don't me he dead... :p

one would hope

;)

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    It is definitely time to SQUEE!! Saving a spot to review later!! :) :) :) :)
    Edit: Argh!!! The L/M banter at the beginning had me all fuzzy and warm. The ending, though!! Foot, what coulda happened? They're not in enemy territory anymore. o_O If you do PMs, could I have one? @};- Hopefully, we can get the angst out of the way, so we can get back to Luke & Mara being so ... deliciously adorably cute!! [face_love] :) Hee!!

11. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hey, you've started posting and decided on a title. :cool: You always do a great job with characterization. You make my beta job easy. Feel free to send more.

12. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    but...
    YOU KILLED LUKE!:mad:
    You CAN"T Kill Luke..[face_frustrated]
    hmmmmm....shattered rememberance[face_thinking]...oh I get it he's not dead...he's just going to have amnesia right?[face_praying]
    Poor Mara:_|

GREAT JOB!:D

13. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Kill 'em all off. [face_devil]

I mean . . . [face_blush] [face_whistling]

Yay, you posted a new story! And a multi-part at that! :D I love the title. :D [face_devil] How long do you expect it to be compared to the JoD fics? [face_thinking]

14. mrjop2

mrjop2 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 6, 2007
    Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

15. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Thought I'd get through some replies, then spend time on actually finishing this story!

A big THANK YOU to all of you for your replies. And I apologize in advance for this not being a happy, romantic fluff-type story. Bad timing, yeah. You all will definitely have to write lots of Monday Mush to balance it out.

PonyTricks: Yep, that's right, it's a M/W (Mara/Wes) romance. And with you helping me, it could very well turn into that. :p Thanks, PT!

VaderLVR64: Ooohh, the very first person I've ever had to ask to be on a PM list!

Uh oh. You won't let anything TERRIBLE happen to him, will you?

Moi, let something terrible happen to Lukey? [face_devil] Well, the whole aim of this story is to expand my horizons beyond writing only happily-ever-after fics. ;)

Darth_Marrs: Now you see why I'm so slow on betaing. I'm just as slow on writing.

ginchy: Buck up, you can handle it. Maybe Luke just learned that 'hide in the Force' trick.

dancing_star: Please tell me Luke's not dead! Don't let him be dead.

Everyone seems to think I would kill off Luke. All I'm promising is ... Mara won't die. [face_devil]

verybusy: Well, I truey hope you did not kill Luke at this point....this would be too much for me right now!

Ahhh, hugs to you. But I've never written a story where Luke dies, and I did so want to try something new!

Jade_Pilot: You just keep on hoping for Luke. He'll need it.

RedGold: just because she can't feel him don't mean he dead...

True. He could just be playing a trick on her. After which, she would kill him.

Jade_eyes: so maybe it's not time to SQUEE. Yes, the timing on this does kinda stink, because no, it's not all warm and fuzzy. In my defense, I started it way before Legacy started. I just don't write as fast as those people.

RebelMom: First I have to write more. You know how slow I am. Thanks for your beta help. :D

star_writer24: Who says I can't kill Luke? Authors kill off favorite characters right and left. And we're PAYING them to do it! *gets steamed just thinking about it*

Gabri_Jade: I've always wanted to try my hand at killing people. Hmmm... that didn't sound good. :p

How long do you expect it to be compared to the JoD fics?

Not nearly as long! Maybe as long as one of the Journey books. Though I'm up to about chapter 17 or 18 right now. I've still got the hardest part of the story to write -- trying to stick in some action.

mrjop2: Looking forward to seeing what happens next!

You might not be, after you see it.

Thanks again, everyone, for your replies!! More next Monday.

16. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    so maybe it's not time to SQUEE. Yes, the timing on this does kinda stink, because no, it's not all warm and fuzzy. In my defense, I started it way before Legacy started. I just don't write as fast as those people. And we know HOW those books turned out. Slow is much better.

17. smiley_rancor

smiley_rancor Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2006
    Ooo interesting! Is he, isn't he??? Love to be added to your PM list to see all the twists and turns!

s_r

18. Blue_Milkshake

Blue_Milkshake Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 18, 2005
    Yay! I love your stories!

Can I hop onto the PM train for this one?

Shattered Remembrance huh? [face_worried]

19. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    - But...but... PT writes fast!! :eek: [face_thinking] Oh... nevermind.... :p [face_laugh]

(just kidding, RM. I know you mean those evil profic authors! :D )

20. RebelMom

Apr 20, 2000
    That goes without saying. It's okay for PT to write fast and Jedi2B to write slow.

21. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Evil cliffie! But I gotta say, I'm incredibly curious now. :p Count me in! :D

:eek: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That, I want to see. :p

22. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    "You're going to be family, not company." Luke paused. "And perhaps, after dinner, we could go back to my apartment, for some, uh, quiet time alone."

Luke's so subtle [face_mischief]

She started to reach for her comm, hoping that Luke would have a better grasp on the Force-warning, when shock and pain suddenly exploded through her. Sucking in a gasping breath, she struggled to control her emotions enough to ascertain that she hadn't been injured.
    Luke had.
    And she could no longer sense him at all.

Nice start, Jedi-2B :D Very exciting. I loved the interaction between Luke and Mara and the you certainly know how to hook someone in with an ending :eek:

Can you PM me when you update?

Looking forward to more :D

23. DarthRandum

DarthRandum Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2007
    I just finished reading your Journey of Discovery trilogy and found this, and can't wait for more. Can you pm me when you update? Thanks.

24. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Hm, maybe Luke let slip to Leia about he and Mara, and she was less happy than he thought? Though I don't see Leia being that violent. :p I guess we'll see.

Fantastic start. I was just thinking that it was a while since I'd read an ongoing L/M story on the boards... Loved the banter about landing the Chiss ship in particular. :D

Looking forward to reading more. :)

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, my... a crack!ship. [face_laugh] Well... foot. If Mara has to be with someone else, I AM actually reading one with her and Kyp. Surprisingly cool, that one. :D I even read ones--that were one shots, with her and Wedge or with Lando. :) But Wes? Argh!! Mara'd have to be totally... out of it. [face_laugh] With PT's help though, how dark could it get? [face_laugh] Don't know if we're casting votes or not... ;) but Ghent would be ... fascinating. :) Now I'm really curious. o_O

Edit: Now this is really strange... I can read a crack!ship with Mara and someone but Luke with someone else--eep!! Closest I got was JediLover's "Choices." :) I MIGHT be able to read one with him and Gaeriel but that's about it. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.