main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph She doesn't give a #$@@ about her reputation: DC's Harley Quinn

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I couldn't locate a thread for this show, so I figured I'd start one. The new trailer for Season 3, which begins at the end of next month, just came out. I had my reservations initially when this show was first announced a few years ago (airing on YouTube first, then HBO Max), but the show is among the funniest on TV; animated or not. Yeah it's absurdly gory and you'll find more swearing in it than a Tarantino movie, but the humor is just outrageously hysterical. As you can see in the new trailer, its cast of characters is really limitless from the DC Universe.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    "I'm Harley Quinn! I'm impetuous! I kiss people at random!"

I actually read the Kiss Bang Kill Tour comic set in between S2 and S3, Gordon went completely off the rails trying to track down HarIyles and a couple of more Doctor Harleen Quinzell moments which are super fun. anyway, yeah, love this show, it's so wack in how it dips from DC character continuity, and they killed off Penguin in like S2 and unmasked Batman to the Joker. "Where's my electric car, Bruce?"

Anyway, James Gunn cameo in this season, should be gold.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I recently rewatched the first season; but I'm attempting to time the second season's rewatch in time for the 3rd to begin.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I've been rewatching it pretty consistently, they show it on Adult Swim Canada a lot so I catch random episodes from the first 2 seasons. (Weird thing it was sold to Adult Swim Canada when it started as a DC Universe show as opposed to now all HBOMax stuff goes to Crave).

Anyway this is great

Last edited: Jun 28, 2022
  5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Harley recaps her own show! Great way to get caught up!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2022
  6. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm actually sort of binge-rewatching the series; I've got three episodes left of Season 2.

7. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I don’t know when exactly it happened, but this character is insanely popular, kids love her. A few years ago I went to Six Flags, Valencia and her merch was about as popular as Batman, maybe more so. It will be interesting to see Gaga play her lol

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    It stated when "Suicide Squad" came out in 2016. The older fans going back to the 90's, but it's a more recent uptick.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    It's already an old joke now that if you go to a con and don't see at least ten different Harleys being cosplayed, something's wrong.

10. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I just need more of Bane.

"This is a monumental night for young Joshua."

"I am this credit card's reckoning!"

"I'm gonna blow up Gotham stadium."

"So we're blowing up Todd after dinner"

"The streets will run with Razzie Zazzie!"

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Joker romance? Maybe they could give a spinoff series involving the Joker and the Latino woman he hooked up with while he was "sober/sane" in Season 2. Make it into a Married With Children-esque sitcom.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    Thena likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So I watched the first three episodes of Season 3 that are available on HBO Max. This show really is a riot! I mean you get the storylines involving Harley, Ivy, and the gang; but in-between there's the not so subtle comments by the characters that otherwise seem so out of place in an animated comic series; or even live action for that matter.

Jokes about the constant rebooting of Batman's origin story for the umpteenth time - and that's while featuring Christopher Nolan and Tim Burton lol. There's the scene mocking the controversial one involving Catwoman going down on Batman.

While I particularly didn't care for Kiteman's character, I'm glad that considering they would still feature him in the show, they'd give him a new girlfriend. It would've been so trite and cliche if he'd just be showing up as Ivy's ex to whine about how he misses her still and somehow wants to get back with her.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    Good.

Literally every version of a story that features Harley as an actual POV character or protagonist has been very clear it’s an abusive and toxic relationship, and those that don’t feature her as a POV character or protagonist STILL FEATURE IT AS AN ABUSIVE AND TOXIC RELATIONSHIP!!!… they just use it for black comedy.

I’ve got issues with other bad relationships and their shippers, but Joker and Harley has never obfuscated what it was - and it was the heart of this shows dramatic plot.

Yodaminch, Ahsoka's Tano and Thena like this.
  15. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I love Bane.

He will not stop until he gets his pasta maker back!

Also, Nightwing was great. And the awards were certainly something.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm pretty sure that awards ceremony was adapted from one of the HQ comic books; which included an awards ceremony where the bad guys were giving some obscure awards.

17. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    I was referring to the opening number specifically. It won’t top Mark’s “I go looney” but it was certainly catchy.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    So apparently there was a joke in the "HarlyIvy" episode that they decided to cut; but not because it was too raunchy for the show.

When James Gunn was sitting on Clayface as a chair, he makes a remark, "It’s like Thanos snapped and I can feel my anus again.’ And then Clayface is like ‘Who’s Thanos?"

They just didn't want to bring in the MCU into the DCU.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Cowards
    The MCU wasn't afraid to mention DC :p

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I don't think they count Deadpool's jokes; though ironically enough, many are suggesting that the new Harley show is DC's answer to Deadpool (without the breaking of the Fourth Wall).

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  21. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Yeah wasn't talking about that, tho ;)

22. Yodaminch

Mar 6, 2002
    You refer to the scene in Eternals

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    More than one scene actually

24. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Adult Swim Canada is only airing 1 episode a week and didn't get 3 episodes so basically going to be 2 episodes behind the entire time. but HarIvy was really great anyway

Mostly just Superman and Jor-El freaking out that Harley and Ivy were crashing at the Fortress of solitude.

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    SateleNovelist11 likes this.