main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sheath, Jedi teachings???

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Master-Omaj-Kadub, Jul 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSeti5

DarthSeti5 Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 6, 2001
    So because you're pure you can't be tempted? The only person I know of who was tempted by evil and didn't even think about going down that path was Jesus the Christ.

Just because the Dark Side isn't a direct part of the Force doesn't mean you cannot be tempted by it. The Dark Side is many things, greed, lust, power, anger, hate, rage, suffereing, etc. You can be tempted by greed and power. Is greed a "side" of the Force, no. Is love a "side" of the Force, no.

We are tempted by evil all the time. Just because you're pure one day doesn't mean you'll be pure the next.

2. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    you misunderstand the question, but i appreciate the responce. is it the voice of the darkside of the force that speaks temptation, or is it the evil in ones self? are they one of the same?

3. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Well could you elaborate on your questions then? ?[face_plain]

On the Dark Side. I believe that temptation comes from certain aspects of evil being thrown in front of us. An extreme example would be someone offering you power and money if you killed someone.

It's not like the "Dark Side" is an entity. It's just all the things that are "bad" or "evil" in the universe. When you are "Tempted to the Dark Side" you are tempted to use the Force with evil intent by other things that are evil.

4. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    No one is above temptation, even the pure.

We all have our weaknesses and it's those weaknesses, which opens the door for temptations towards the dark side.

If a person's weakness is anger, then it will be harder for him to keep that anger at bay, as compared to someone whose weakness is greed. If he doesn't learn to control or conquer his weakness towards anger, then the more he falls to the temptation of anger, the easier and more frequent it becomes, to use that anger. Eventually this would turn into hatred and the person could easily become extremely violent towards others.

5. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Poor little BootyRant. Struggling to wrap his feeble mind around such grandiose philosophical rhetoric. I won't "shut up" and nor will I suffer fools like yourself. [face_plain]

Everyone gives in to the Dark Side at some point. Whether it's deceiving others with a sock or trying to get someone else banned or IP scanning someone for our own peace of mind or entering an EZ Board without permission.

We're none of us innocent.
    The only distiction is how deeply we dabble in the Darkness.
    (nice aliteration, huh? :D )

I suppose the only difference is how we justify our actions in our own minds.......

6. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Well, as someone once said, we all lie. DA brings up a good point, we all do bad things, so does that mean we're all bad? That's another reason why I don't look at the Force as polarized Dark and Light. It's us who are dark and light.

7. BOOSTERERRANT

BOOSTERERRANT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2000
    DA, I made the shut up comment in good humor. The only fools in this galaxy are those who think the true nature of the force is that of destruction. I refuse to believe that someone who can embrace the WEAKER side of the force can insult someones intelligence. Again, this is a place of learning, not put-downs. Kadub started this to get away from all of you...his own solitary place....keep the peace wil you?

and the IP scan never happened...if you were referring to me that is.

8. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    I refuse to believe that someone who can embrace the WEAKER side of the force can insult someones intelligence.

Do you mean I'm on the Light Side, Booty? I don't get it....you're too vague. I was referring to myself with the IP scan but your guilty conscience shines through as always ;)

Anyway, in response to DS5: Everyone has the capacity for evil. Whether you can justify it enough in your own mind to act on it is a different matter. This is how the first Sith came to be. They were not evil but used the Force to their own ends, under the mantra that "Power ignored is power denied". And so it has been handed down from Master to Apprentice for millennia. The Force is there to be bent to your will, to follow your design. Now....stay with me here.....if the Force is bent to one's will for positive ends.....what then? If one uses questionable means to positive ends? Again, I guess it's all subjective.....

In short: the Sith still are not evil. They use the Force to their own ends, true. But if the Force is subjective then so is the nature of evil ;)

9. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    Nonetheless, I have tried to teach you all that there is Dark and Light, but they reside within you. Dark and Light are determined by how and why you use the Force. Since I'm a Jedi Master, I don't believe that the ends justify the means.

EDIT: No, the Force is. Evil is evil. If you do something bad, it's bad. Even if it's to make good, it's still bad and you probably will do more and more evil. Evil is evil, good is good, and the Force is.

10. The_Grey_and_White

The_Grey_and_White Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2001
    DarthAttorney, the great Vulcan philosopher Surak said "The nature of the universe is concerned with beginnings, not ends."
    His errant pupil, S'task, father of the Rihannsu people, as he lay dying at the hands of the Ruling Queen, Vriha T'Rehu, showed his eventual agreement with his teacher, through his dying words- "The beginning is contaminated, and the force will not avail you, or it."

11. Manifest

Manifest Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    See how quickly the Jedi tend to invade those who seek other views that are not their own.

Remain friends with their "traitor" Omaj Kadub and you will feel the same harsh hand of the Jedi upon your face.

12. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Walks into temple and removes hood..

Greetings all....

Some believed I had forsaken them, but I have not...I have explained to some here the problem...but I will return....

I can not stay long, but I will make this brief.....

The Jedi are tempted by the darkside daily it seems.....
    Just as the sun rises it will surely go down into the dust.....

Do not be provoked by those who wish to turn you....They will try to make you act in a manner you would not ordinarily....Trust in the force to guide you down the path of the lightside....

I know there are some here who do not believe, but they must choose their own path...You can not choose it for them....

May the force be with you all til I return again....

Pulls up hood..

13. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    welcome, and goodbye, master kadub! :)

14. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Manifest, were you born a pathological liar or did you learn it in school? :p
    Jedi are not invading anyone. They thought they were welcome to participate in these discussions, but I guess this is not so. You have shown the true nature of this place, and how truly tolerant it is of open discussion.
    As for friends of Kadub, since when have we harassed or attacked those who remain his friends? It is for our own security and the security of the Boards that we watch his friends and associates and limit what we tell them.
    And you, my friend, are on the path to ban-land, just as your other identities here are. :p

15. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    We do not support this Manifest character. He just pops up unannounced, so do not judge this place on what this person has to say. ;)

eagle, what other identities? Manifest checks out as one person. ?[face_plain]

16. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Yes, of course he does...

17. Master-Omaj-Kadub

Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 22, 2000
    Walks into temple and removes hood...
    Prepares some tea...

I see that Master EagleJedi has come to visit these surrounding....
    Good to see an old friend...

EagleJedi,
    Now are you claiming that I am someone else?
    Or do you feel I have influence a free wilding mind?

This is a place of knowledge, not ridicule...
    If you have come to belittle then leave..
    If you have come to express your concerns, then please speak.....

The Jedi have changed much...
    whether for the better or worst is still yet to be seen...
    I only say that patient and time will reveal who is deceiving who.....

<sips, tea>

I must leave now...

May the force be with you...

stands up, pulls up hood and leaves...

18. Ewan-Kenobi

Ewan-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 21, 2000
    *strolls in*

Well well well...look what they decided to let back in. I wasn't aware that the JC let the likes of you back in. :)

Here to pretend to be wise and serine, and then break ez-board law from behind a curtain of lies?
    Tisk tisk tisk Omega.

I kind of walked into the middle of a disscussion, were we talking about, 'does the ends justify the means?'

I don't think the ends justify the means, that's my opinion. Let me give you an example;
    Let's say that some guy, we'll call him Oma...yoyo...Roy, let's call him Roy. Let's say Roy didn't like a certain group, he didn't trust them, and thought they were 'evil'. So he decides he's gonna sabotage them, and he takes another personality. He ends up lying to allies and breaks all sorts of rules, just to try and destroy that group.

Would he be right? To use evil methods to stop those he had a hunch could have been bad?

Personally, I think that's wrong.

19. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Ewan-Kenobi,

I do not think you were discreat enough in your post, therefore, I feel that you should apologize to Omaj Kadub for trolling.

Or...

You can just delete your own post and leave.

20. Manifest

Manifest Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2001
    Is it a lie, eaglejedi?

No.

I believe there are those in your order that would like to see Master-Omaj-Kadub and his supporters banned.

I believe there are those among you that dislike this man so much that they would even prevent them admittance into your academy.

This will reveal itself.

21. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    To my knowledge, the Acadmey has not password protection. All Lightsiders are welcome to come and train at our Academy.

22. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    DS, it appears Manifest is referring to when the admin banned Omaj from the old Academy, after he was no longer a member of Light Side.

Hmmm -- this is very interesting, since no one was aware of this, except for three admins and Omaj himself. Obviously, Manifest knows Omaj quite well and has been in contact with him.

23. Nord

Nord Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Or he could just be guessing. Either way, this is one creepy fellow.

Okay, let us not get edgey here and return back to philosophy and learning, or whatever. Too much tension.

24. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    No, not guessing at all. Manifest is definitely someone who knows Omaj.

25. DarthSeti5

Jan 6, 2001
    I must concur, there is no way Manifest could simply "guess" about that. Most people didn't even know what was going on with the Lightsiders at that time let alone that Omaj was banned. Manifest has also spoken to me via PM and there is no question that he has talked with Omaj or someone very close to Omaj.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.