main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shenandoah Sector Cantina ( the local thread about anything in general)

Discussion in 'Archive: Shenandoah and Central Virginia' started by AT-AT_Commander, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shmatt

shmatt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2005
    just a crapload of drunk/stoned people running around, hobos assualting us at every corner for money

and there mustve been some kind of seminar at our hotel for lesbians or somthing...it was crazy at the hotel.

2. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    Hmmm. I can see why you would find that disconcerting....

3. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    i dont know if anyone here has heard of MC Chris, i know my bro and tom do but anyway, he's this dude who worked on many of the adult swim shows and has also been rapping on the side, but on his site, www.mcchris.com, you can DL his first album for free, and also some skits called The Imperial Senate (this dude is a star wars freak) but these skits are soo funny.

just a bunch of nerds pretending to be the Imperial Senate and every time one of them speaks they have to say "The force be with you" and everyone replies with "the force be with you", makes for like 2 minutes of "the force be with you" whenever they have a discussion.

check him out

4. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    That was sweet,

and maythe force be with you.

hahahhahahaa

jimmy stwart rocked.

5. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    yeah "sentup... whatever nine is" lol

6. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Hey how was everyones weekend. Seems pretty quiet right now nothing new or exciting going on.

7. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    My weekend was pretty average. Worked Saturday morning, babysat Saturday night, went to church.... Normal stuff.

8. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    So how was everybodies weekend? anything exciting happen/ Not much here, not much going on right now as the group waits for the next thing which is the meeting. Check other boards when you have time and see if you can find something interesting. It's just been one of those weekends i guess.

9. ForceMedic

ForceMedic Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2004
    I went to a USO dance with an airman who couldnt dance.:rolleyes:

10. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    we (will, kevin and I) went to see gwar(davids fav!) on the 22nd

which ended up with will getting kicked out for doing somthing he didnt do, fun night

11. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Well I'm not local, but as a twin does that make us honorary local??? :confused:

Anyway, I thought I would pose a question to you all :p

Suppose you are in Juneau, Alaska and drop a bowling ball from a height of three feet into a bucket of water at 10 degrees Celsius. Then, you drop a bowling ball of the same weight, mass, and size from the same height into another bucket at negative 10 degrees Celsius. Which ball would hit the bottom of the bucket fastest?

Only highlight if you wish to see the answer.
    The ball in the bucket of 10 degree C water hits the bottom of the bucket last. Did you think that the water in the negative 10 degrees C bucket is frozen? Think again. The question said nothing about the second bucket having anything in it. Therefore, there is no water (or ice) to slow the ball down.

Also, how are you all doing?

12. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Good. Thought I FINALLY had a day off today. (You guys in Spokane dont know. But I work three paying jobs and a part time consulting job and volunteer with two organisations.) Well none of them needed me today....YAY I get to sleep in... So I get a call at nine this am. Apperantly me lovely Mum, had volunteered me to help set up a wedding today......I finally got home at 11pm tonight...and my throat is sore...

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Wow, that's quite a schedule to balance. I'm sorry your day off didn't stay a day off and hope you are feeling better!

14. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    (You guys in Spokane dont know. But I work three paying jobs and a part time consulting job and volunteer with two organisations.)

I didn't know either. That's crazy! I have a hard time handling one job!

15. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    What do you do????? :-B

16. Moonshadow

Mar 11, 2003
    Pffft. I'm a cashier/deli worker/cook. ::) I'm not exactly a "people person", so cashiering is a challenge. Apparently, I work a little slow back in the kitchen.... I got fussed at on Saturday. :(

17. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Eh, no worries as long as you are doing the best that you can...:)

18. shmatt

Mar 21, 2005
    WWHHAATTT!!??! the line starts on the 9th, i though he was doing a midnight showing?

anyway i wont be able to make it i will be down the street playing a christmas concert my church, so if you get bored around 9:30-10 comeon down, its across the street from autozone and you will probably get to see me play.

19. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    sorry. there is no Midnight showing, anyway there will be a 3:40 Matenineee which i will be missing cause ill stay out stay outside with the box if anyone wants to see it then is fine. anyway, I can't see the fliers so ill have to wait till Forcemedic gets back from her trip. to see what she has bad part is I work tuesday night through friday morning basiccally. Oh well, Ill send her an email to tell her to we will pass them out friday i guess. Hey its been in the sentinal for four weeks straight.

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey all! I hope that your week is going well! I'm really excited about the Christmas card exchange :) I hope you all are too.

*cartwheels out of thread*

21. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    Just to let you all know I just hit My 2000th post just before the new years comes in YAY!!!!

22. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Congrats! That's a fun one to hit ;)

23. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    Congrats :)

24. AT-AT_Commander

Jun 23, 2001
    woohoo another hundred for me. Im at 2100 posts. I need sleep now. I just hope 2200 comes alot sooner.

25. ForceMedic

Dec 14, 2004
    I'm excited.

This is in the planning stages right now, but I've been offered a position that would be underwritten by a grant. The position would be right in town and would eliminate a lot of financial worries. I'd also be back in the public service community.

I'm praying that this goes through!!!!!!! [face_praying]

(AtAt: Don't mention this to anyone we know.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.