main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto *** Shifts for the Line - a call for volunteers ***

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Whoa..that's a lot of shifts for little ole me. I don't think I can do that many shifts. I'm still working and going to school. :)

2. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    k, sorry about that. I was just trying to piece together shifts that people kinda mentioned they could make. That was just a really tentative list.

If you could state the exact dates and times that can commit to, that would be great. Also, tentative times are also welcome.

Thanks.

3. krax_13

krax_13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 13, 2001
    Hmm.. I can't say I'm sure when I'll be able to be there, so I don't think I'll commit yet to any shifts. I should be there Most of Friday, Saturday 'till late, and Sunday just during the day.

After that, it depends on how my job hunting goes.

-Krax

4. Somersfilm

Somersfilm Jedi Youngling

Mar 1, 2002
    Well people, I've got my tickets. I look forward to seeing everyone BRIGHT (or dark) and EARLY on the morning of the 15th! Can anyone bring their Star Wars trivial pursuit question cards ? I'll be bringing a portable radio w/cd player(along with the Star Wars soundtracks) and a gameboy advance for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks
    Somersfilm

"I'm clone. I'm attacking you"

5. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    I'll take those shifts and potentially more.

6. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    Well, as I just got myself a job today (yay! I can start buying stuff!), I'll be all liney when I'm not working. First shift is tomorrow at 10am... so maybe I won't be there on day 1 like I planned. Servo gonna need sleeeeeeep. =_=

7. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Congrats Tom.

:)

8. bathory

bathory Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    uh... i wont be there on sunday due to the charity thinger though i will show up for a while in the evening but i will have to take all the makeup off eventually.

as for during the week i will probably there in early afternoon until wee hours of the morning.

ugh.

9. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

okey day well i think i may try for mornings for sure and then otherwise try for afternoons...if thats okay...so i'm pretty flexible in such matters but i will definetely be there :)

10. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Ok, so other than wookie cookies, I'll be around the line and if a need arises, I'll do my best. (If you don't get the meaning of this, just check my last post on page 1.) :)

Count me in for the two morning shifts on the weekend. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay for the whole shifts, but I'll be there at 8 am, and will stay for a couple of hours at least.

Also, I'm still waiting on One_More_Shadow to get back to me on when he'll be visiting the line...[looks in his direction with eybrow cocked]

11. EBCorp3

EBCorp3 Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2002
    I'm going to Montreal on Thursday for the weekend as it is... so I don't plan on missing any work. Is anyone crazy enough to sleep from 5 PM to 1 AM, pull a graveyard shift and go back to work?

Saturday, May 11th
    2am - 8am
    8am ? 2pm
    I think I'll just be going home at 2 AM Saturday morning... I'll BBL.

Sunday, May 12th
    2am - 8am
    8am ? 2pm
    Afternoon.

Monday, May 13th
    2am ? 8am
    8am ? 2pm
    2pm ? 8pm
    Afterwork.

Tuesday, May 14th
    2am ? 8am
    8am ? 2pm
    2pm ? 8pm
    Ditto.

Wednesday, May 15th
    2am ? 8am
    8am ? 2pm
    2pm ? 8pm
    I have a meeting to go to on Wednesday night. I'm probably not waiting up for the midnight show. Maybe Thursday morning, but more likely I'll see it in Sin City over the weekend.

I was thinking of bringing a portable TV and some tape to watch, but I have doubts. Is there any kind of consensus about people bringing valuables like portaTVs or laptops? Does anyone really want to watch a video in the line some night?

12. da-Uncle

da-Uncle Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2002
    *sigh* This is so bad. I've had a cold for the past week and the weather hasn't helped me much. I've been getting worse as time goes on and today (Monday, the day I'm supposed to be on my first shift in line) is no different. I'm not going to be able to make it. Hopefully I'll be better tomorrow. I feel terrible about this since there is a shortage of folks. Please accept my apologies. I've been doing my best to rid myself of this virus. Well.. That's my update.

13. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    I will be there after work tonight. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.