main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shine On You Crazy Diamond (K/J songfic) [Complete] 2004 WFFA Best Songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Smuggler_Shidakis, Nov 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    That has GOT to be one of the most original stuff I've seen in a while. That was AWESOME. You just cannot stop there! PLEASE?! [pleading look]

EDIT: Yay! I read the others posts and I realized you're continuing it! Yayness!

I've got to say, I am just floored. I am in a state of shock. I even put off my homework and bothered to log in and reply to this (something I've been a tad lazy in doing lately :p ) because it's that good! I absolutely loved the way you began it, too--so sad. And Jaina going mad because of the Force? That is amazingly original. Kudos on that.

More soon? Please?

(And oh yeah, Floyd rocks. :D}

2. stupid_gizka

stupid_gizka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2004
    Wow. Simply wow. One of the most unusual fics I've ever read... :)

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Another J/J who liked. Wow! Thank you!

You're welcome :) I'm trying this new thing where I actually read K/J

Are you going to continue this or just leave it at a viggie?

4. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    =D= :eek: =D= :eek:

Bravo Shidakis! You have done something no other author (even my most favoritest authors) have been able to do..... you got me to read a song fic! I've NEVER read one before (at least not on Force.net) . The idea of song fics is utterly repulsive to me but I've read all of your other work and I took a chance and dove right and. And.... well..... thank you!!!!

I'll add to the concensus that you MUST continue this or you shall be hunted down and severly flogged with wet noodles and such.

*on knees begging*
    Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease keep going!

We all need to know why Jaya's nutso, Kyppie's about to snap and what the big shadowy thingy is!

I'll just be over here in the corner waiting, 'kay?
    Ro :D

5. Smuggler_Shidakis

Smuggler_Shidakis Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2004
    Ro: [face_blush] Wow... [face_blush] Reading your review just made my day. Really. I was in a bad mood, had a bad day, and... wow. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Nat: You're more open-minded than me... I barely ever bring myself to read J/J.

stupid gizka: First off, great username. *strangles the gizkas* Thank you profusely!

Denevon: [face_blush] Thank you! And, yes, the Force is part of it, sort of, kind of.

C3SoloPO: [face_laugh] It is insane. Thanks for reviewing.

Amithyst Blade: Yes, it's continuing!

Jaya_Skywalker: Thankees!!

THANK YOU, WONDERFUL, LOVELY REVIEWERS! YOU MAKE MY DAY! YOU ROCK.

Post 2 is on the way, I know what's gonna happen, I just gotta finish writing it all down.

You guys are awesome.

6. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I love this songfic. [:D] I know, I already said that...but I'm eagerly awaiting the next bit.

7. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow.....

I'm speachless. So very speachless.

I got drawn in and couldn't stop reading! You are a very awesome writer and I cannot wait for the next bit.

There will be a "next bit", right? Right?

8. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    First off, thank you to all the wonderful people who nommed this story. [:D]

Now, I need two excerpts from this story, one for Best Songfic and one for Best Male Canon. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd appreciate it immensely!

Thanks, wonderful reviewers. You rock.

P.S.
    Sarah- I know, thank you!

Jaya_Tharen- Yes, there's a 'next bit', it's in the works! Thank you!

EDIT: Change, stupid subject bar, CHANGE!

9. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Sorry to up my own fic, but I was too dumb to change the subject bar before posting the question, so no one answered.

D'oh!

10. Amithyst_Blade

Amithyst_Blade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    honestly i dont know what to pick... or what exactly you mean...

but you must up this darlin!!!

11. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Here's 'the next bit.' I'm also working on the last bit. Thank you to VadersMistress and Jaina_Solo_59 for betaing!

Thank you, wonderful reviewers and nominators! [:D]

SHINE ON YOU CRAZY DIAMOND, POST TWO

Kyp woke up alone, in the big bed he'd once shared with Jaina. It felt empty, wrong without her there. Soon, he thought. Soon he'd be with his wife again. He was working through paperwork, endless reams of it, but soon he'd be able to bring her home.

Moaning groggily, Kyp dragged himself from the cold, empty bed. Eyes still fogged with sleep, he stumbled into the shower, thoughts still lingering on Jaina. Hot, scalding water pounded down on his back as he leaned against the wall.

He needed his wife. Desperately. He couldn't feel her through the Force, could only see her by visiting the cold, forbidding ward she was housed in. After seeing her with Jag all those long years, watching her and being sure she would never love him, he'd thought there was nothing in the galaxy worse.

He knew better now. He'd had her, her love, three wonderful years with her. And then he'd lost her, his Goddess, to something he didn't understand, to a fate worse than death. Reluctantly, he'd agreed to put her in the institution, agreed it was for her own well-being.

He knew better than that, too. She was terrified, miserable, in that impersonal white room with its dark and disturbing splatters of paint. The revelation that she was better, saner with him made him all the more impatient to take her home again.

Slipping out of the shower, Kyp wrapped a towel around his waist and stopped in front of the mirror to shave. And yelped.

A tall, dark shape, blurred by the steamed-over mirror, stood directly behind him. He spun.

Nothing was there. "What the kriff?!" he yelled, waving his arms in front of him. They came into contact with nothing at all. Quickly, he turned to look in the mirror once more. Nothing.

He blinked rapidly for a moment, eyes darting all over his tiny 'fresher. After that one moment of stunned disability, he came to his senses.

In nothing short of panic, he raced to his closet, pulled on the first clothes he could find. The towel was dropped unceremoniously. He snatched up his lightsaber, seized his cape.

He ran from his apartment, out onto the crowded and busy streets. Wild-eyed, he scanned the crowd, fidgeting timorously. A figure shrouded in black stood out in the distance, barred behind a fence.

Kyp took off at a dash.

He had to see Jaina.

"Why, hello, Mr. Durron, you're early to-" the young nurse at the desk began, then blinked. Mr. Durron ran past her at lightspeed, wet-haired and unshaved. She leaped up and chased after him. "Mr. Durron, you have to sign in!" she called, waving the flimsipad in his face. Snarling- rather unattractively, she thought- he scrawled his name and took off again.

The nurse struggled to catch up, taking three hurried steps to his one. He stopped abruptly at Jaina's door, keyed in the code he technically shouldn't have known. And slammed the door in her face.

She stood for a moment, blinking. What in the galaxy had gotten into him today? Shaking her head, she returned to her desk.

Kyp slammed the door in the idiot nurse's face. Jaina looked up at the sound, eyes blank, vacant holes. "Lock the door!" she hissed. "Can't you see them?! They're coming, they're coming!"

"I saw." he said. It was like admitting to a crime, admitting he saw what a lunatic saw.

Testament to his own madness.

"They're coming!" Jaina repeated frantically.

For the millionth time, Kyp wondered how his Jaina, his Goddess, had lost her sanity and lost the Force. Had she gone too far, opened herself too completely, as Jedi had been known to do as a suicide method? Had the Force rejected her as it had the Yuuzhon Vong? Had the pain of separation driven her insane?

Heart beating rapidly, Kyp asked, answered, and jumped to conclusions. He tossed out the most wild, the most logical, using one purely hypothetical idea to d

12. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    OH NO! Evil! And I got first post! Mwahaha!!

13. Jaina_Solo_59

Jaina_Solo_59 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2004
    I feel so bad for those two!

14. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    AHH

GREAT!

SO DARK

GREAT!

You have more soon?

Me like it

Mag

15. Rowan_Jade

Rowan_Jade Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2003
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What did you DO?????

[whine] SHIDAKIS !!!! [/whine]

Please tell me you didn't just kill Kyppie. I KNOW you're a Kyp fan and you would NEVER kill the best male in the GFFA but, *gasp* what did you do?????

*lip quiver,shudder,sob*

Okay, I'm gonna go pout until you say you didn't just kill Kyppie. Or until you post another part, whichever comes first.

:eek: Ro

16. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Kyppie!~ *fangirl whine*

Man, that last bit. . .it reminds me of the 'truth' scene in FMA. And y'know, it's vaguely similar, and it must be kinda...awful and brilliant at the same time to touch that, or something.

Wow. o_o

<3

17. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Sarah: Me? Evil? Never! O:) Thanks!

Kat: I do, too. Thankees.

Maggy: Thank you!!

Ro: I can honestly tell you that I did NOT kill Sithie. Technically. Thanks!

Djcati: Thanks, the 'awful and brilliant' was sort of what I was aiming for.

I made a coverart for this, can't post it since I"m at school.. Expect it soon.

:eek: My comp science teacher just said we're skipping our lab and watching I, Robot!

Gots to run, reviewers. You rock!

18. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Odd, I'm watching that right now...

19. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
  20. flowerbee

Apr 29, 2004
    Ohhh, pretty! Are you planning on submitting?

21. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Maybe. When I finish it.

22. jaya_tharen

jaya_tharen Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2004
    *stares, jaw hanging open, blinks*

Again, speechless.

I think you are my favorite author.

Please tell me Kyp isn't insane now too. please.

I think this is the most original story I've read on this site in a while.

You are so so so so evil. I love it!

I love the cover art...how'd you do it?

Happy Merry Christmas in advance!

:p

23. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    This is so mysterious and so original. A bit creepy too.
    Glad you added on. :)

24. Smuggler_Shidakis

Jul 26, 2004
    Jaya: *stares, jaw hanging open, blinks*
    Is that good?
    Again, speechless.
    I think you are my favorite author.

[face_blush] Thank you!!
    Please tell me Kyp isn't insane now too. please.
    [face_devil]
    I think this is the most original story I've read on this site in a while.
    Thank you!

You are so so so so evil. I love it!
    That I am.

I love the cover art...how'd you do it?
    Thanks! (again).

Solo_and_Fel: Thank you!

Your reviews make my day, guys. Thanks. You rock.

25. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Whoa, dude, you can't just leave us hangin' like that!! I want more, now!!!

Please :D !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.