main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Shooter at the Rialto

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Jun 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
  2. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I just read this at The Senate Floor.

It's scary! That kind of thing is NOT supposed to happen here! Where did he get that gun?? You weren't at work at 8am this morning were you??

3. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    I was just going past on the tram on the way to work :(

It's been pretty weird in the city today!

And you're right, this kind of crap shouldn't happen here...

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Totally bizarre...

Glad to hear you're alright, Jess!

5. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Yea, it sucks that something like this has to happen in the CBD, although it is stated as being a 'domestic dispute gone wrong.' Now the debate is raging on whether you would get yourself involved if you see something similar happening... I.E. a girl being pulled out of a taxi by her hair...

6. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    That's horrible- it's scary when something happens in such a public location. Hope you weren't too close to it, Jess- thank goodness you're alright. That guy was a hero though- he was killed trying to help save the woman's life.

7. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This is one of the things that you think only happens overseas, and is all the more shocking when it happens nearby.

8. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I've been hearing about this all day. Tragic; those two men were just bystanders trying to help. But the whole ordeal with the woman and gun... @};-

Glad to hear that everybody else is safe.

9. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Well, now we know it was a Hell's Angel's biker member, and an alteration with some 'exotic dancers.' Poor bystanders... Oh well, I'm just going to hide in my apartment now and never come out.

10. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    They've released his name and everything... surely it's just a matter of time now.

11. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    You'd hope so, but if the 'criminal associates' mentioned decide to hide him, he could have gone to ground by now.

That being said though, he did a bloody stupid thing in broad daylight and in public - rule of logic says to me that no one in their right mind would help this guy out. The biker society is extremely close nit, yes, but they're been known to oust idiots who disgrace the name.

But perhaps I just watch too much Sopranos.

They still haven't released the name of the second man who was shot. That intrigues me more than anything else at this point...all this tripe about the girl, its like they're making out she deserved it. Life choices or not, no one deserves to be attacked and shot in the street.

12. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    From what I've heard, they don't know who the second man is - they think he was a tourist, and he wasn't carrying any identification.

13. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    ... a 25-year-old Dutch backpacker ...

His family are on their way to Melbourne from Amsterdam.
    That's from one article. But yes, nothing released as yet. But if they know his family, and the fact that they're coming, then they would know his name.

Interesting you mention the woman, Puls. Somebody told me that she was innocent in everything as well; just the woman in the taxi who was pulled out. But I haven't read that anywhere. But I haven't read the things about her that you have either.

14. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    If you go to www.theage.com.au, their front page story...uh, from lunchtime anyway...it seems to have gone now...was about the girl in question and her relationship to the gunman and her life on myspace. (ugh)

Amazingly, it's gone now.

15. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Life on myspace... dear oh dear... I wonder if the story was valid or if it was just pulled off by request....

The first thing that I see on the homepage now is Mark Philippoussis. :p

16. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Apparently ,she was his girlfriend and is also a stripper, and he got jeanlous when she stripped for someone else, even though he wanted another girl to strip for him....anyone confused??

17. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    Just heard on the news while watching 24 that he gave himself up to police. Good news!

I wish all you Melbournites safe dreams now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.