main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shortcut to the TV forum?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Ricardo Funes, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    Quick question, given that the only current new TV/film content is the Mandalorian S2, do you think it would be a good idea to have a shortcut to it on the top of the forum listing? By default the top entries are for the Films, then TV.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Not a bad idea, but I'm guessing the forums are in order of popularity / what kind of traffic each forum gets. I'd be curious to know if the TV forum has seen a significant spike in traffic since the Mandalorian that would warrant a change of order in the forum listing.

Anyway, if the mods do agree to re-order the list, I would also suggest that the JCC get a "bump up" as well, potentially being listed right after "Star Wars Books, Comics, and EU."

3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Actually it's just soft-coded based on the legacy ordering of the forums; you can change it basically at will in the node software. The biggest obstacle right now is probably sheer inertia.

Sarge likes this.
  4. The Maverick

The Maverick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2020
    sounds about right.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've alerted the TV (and other mods) to this thread to gauge opinion. Technically it isn't hard.

The Maverick likes this.
  6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just imagine the one or two seconds of time spent scrolling that this change could save.

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Over a lifetime that could amount to minutes. Minutes.

8. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    As a staff member of these boards, please believe my sincerity when I say they are not difficult at all to scroll 1/3 a page down on.

As a staff member of the very TV forum in question, please believe my sincerity when I say that we are not worth finding should you scroll 1/3 of a page down to.

9. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    I understand, no worries. I had this idea because I thought it would be interesting to have the most recent shows to appear first.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    jcgoble3 and EHT like this.