main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Shots in the Dark (pre-NJO...Luke, Anakin Solo, OC) UPDATED 6-26-06 R&R!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_of_Twilight, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shadesaw

shadesaw Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    Ohh war is coming. Fight scenes. :D

2. Jedi_of_Twilight

Jedi_of_Twilight Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2002
    Yay, replies! :p
    Does that mean you forgive for being so late? ^^U

RebelMom Thank you and it's good everyone's together on this one. And trust me I'm doing my best to avoid any school related issues. A good point about college, ne? Oh...the prophecy? It's really short, in comparsion to my other stories, actually...
    *pssh* Chapter 15!

Shadesaw Thanks & battle scenes indeed. It's going to get interesting once our heroes reach Nirauin.

Thank you & I'm already figuring out and writing the next update.

~*Amilight

3. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
  4. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Well, classes should be more important than multi-year long stories :p

Its always good to have a plan. I wonder if it will go typically Skywalker/Solo-ish (i.e. wrong). Splitting up never works out as well as hoped either...I wonder what will happen here?

5. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Hi MoffyThanks & yes, what will happen? Yeah, spliting up is either good or bad. ;)
    I'm working on the next update but Angel's Plight will be up first. Ah multi-year long stories...ah, I have many, many chapters & college takes a little too much of my time, though I'm not working right now so it should continue to be better at least until finals. Apologies...[face_blush]

UPPERS

~*Amilight

PS: I think I figured out the scanning system on my dad's computer (scanner is easy my dad's password, et al is highly annoying!) & will put it on my devianart account soon.

6. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay lost motivation but I got it back-must be the fact that I feel like hit my head against my desk b/c I'm so bored in class! :p

Moving right along, here's the next update for you guys! I love you! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 35

Seventh Level Hallway, Halo?s Tsu Hotel, Alphen, Laten, Matas System

Moving quickly out of the hotel rooms, four New Republic personnel and one Kolistian agent walk towards the lift to meet the Jedi and their people. Ten soldiers and agents have already gone to the dining room where the Jedi are holding their secret meeting.

?Hurry, we?re late,? one of the republic soldier, Ain Myn says to the others. His brown hair peeks out from his brownish hat that matches his New Republic uniform. The other New Republic personnel nod while the Kolistian rolls his eyes. The Kolistian, Lai Plunyn, says,
    ?We must make sure that we have everything before we go. Have you double checked??

?We do have everything,? Liam Neckle says, his blue eyes looking around at their surroundings. Lai raises one eyebrow but says nothing. Instead the Kolistian straightens his ankle length black jacket-that has matching pants and knee high boots-then the midnight blue tunic underneath lined with forest green and dark royal blue trimmings. Aya Nen says,
    ?I can confirm that!?
    ?Me too,? Lee Mitchell says with a smile. Ain says with exasperation,
    ?Then we can leave now! Any objections?!?

?Calm down and let?s return to the others,? Lai says about to push the button to summon the lift. He looks to the right then does a double take. Ain says,
    ?What??
    ?Run, but try not to look like we are running??

?Huh?? Aya says before Lai grabs her and Liam?s arms, and starts back towards the rooms. Lee follows the Kolistian as he sees his superior?s, Ain?s, face pale. Ain immediately catches up to Lai with wide hazel eyes.
    ?Will someone explain?!? Aya hisses before Ain and Lai shush her in unison. The other three New Republic soldiers look worried and Liam starts to open his mouth.
    ?Shut up will you?? Ain says, ?do I have to make that an order?!?

?You want an explan`ation? We saw a Sith and it looks like he was se`arching for something! Time to find a`nother way to the others! We must ale`rt the Jedi and I must tell my queen and king!? Lai whispers, his accent coming out, as they pass the rooms that they had just left. Hurrying to the opposite connecting hallway, the group turns right and quickly looks for another lift.

After passing more hallways, Liam points to an information sign and says,
    ?Turn left and a lift is just a little bit further down!?

Walking quickly, the others nod and immediately turn left at the next corner. The right side of the hall becomes a huge window overlooking the back of the hotel, showing an amazing scenery in the background. Mountains and rivers can be seen even from this distance and Lee pauses to look. Liam grabs his arm and says,
    ?Not the time to sightseeing!?

?Or maybe it is!? Aya says, her eyes widening as she looks up ahead and to the left.

A dark cloaked person is looking out at another clear window with a lightsaber barely peeking out. He is also talking into a commlink.

Lai gasps and pulls everyone towards the window and sees an enclosed bridge to the right. They dive towards it, quickly moving to the other side.

?Um, anyone have any idea where we?re going?? Aya says and Lee says,
    ?Who cares? We have to get away!?

?I care,? Lai says, looking behind them as he pushes up the aqua sunglasses he?s wearing. ?We have seen at least two of these Sith, so it is logical that there will at least a few more of them! We must move as quickly as possible.?

Liam looks back to see the Sith at the entrance of the glass enclosed bridge and says,
    ?Don?t look back, but oh my God, he?s at the entrance!?

?Focus on your mental shields right now!? Lai commands and the others nod quickly as they exit the bridge and try to move as fast as possible to the crowded hallway near them.

Hallways of Halo?

7. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ack! Cliffie! You had the evil inspiration eh?

Forget about school and finish the next post . ;)

8. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    Very Nice Twilight. :D

9. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    Whoa. Big updates all over the place. ;)

Lots of action here as well but in a different way--more suspensful and building slowly as opposed to out and out action in Angel's Plight. The situation is gaining momentum here...

10. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Sorry I've been so long... haven't been here in awhile! :D I really like your style... rather mysterious.

11. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Thanks everyone & I'm so I'm late with updates...

RebelMom Ah, but cliffies are so much fun! Yes, I'm being evil...let's see how you take this chapter!
    Shadesaw Thanks! :D
    Moffy Yes, I'm updating as much as possible before real school work slaps me in the face. *touches her right cheek* Need to do some revision after this. Hmmm...Lots of action here as well but in a different way--more suspensful and building slowly as opposed to out and out action in Angel's Plight. The situation is gaining momentum here...
    Perfect. :D I want my stories to be different from each other. All my stories are alternate universes from each with this story EU (canon).
    flowerbee Hi, nice to see you! Thank you-I'm glad someone appreciates my crazy random style! :p

Without further adieu...shall we?

~*~*~*~

Chapter 36

In the Gardens and Pool areas, Back West side, Halo?s Tsu Hotel, Alphen, Laten, Matas System

Quickly moving through the lush green, red, purple, and yellow gardens, the Jedi and the Kolistian agent search for their five missing people.

Luke turns down one of the stone walkways towards the cent of the gardens. Immediately, the others go after him and Mara says,
    ?Just where are you going without us, husband mine?!?

Anakin wisely says nothing while the Kolistian agent, Anu Temu, raises an eyebrow.

Oh boy there?s going to be small confrontation right now, isn?t there?

?I sense something nearby?beyond the gardens, towards the pools and water arenas,? the Jedi Master replies almost offhandedly. The reaction is instantaneous and Mara?s incoming sharp remark disappears.

Anakin and Mara reach out with the Force to see what he?s talking about while Anu straightens her short black jacket and the black uniform underneath that is highlighted with green and blue trimmings.

?Let?s go forward, carefully then,? Anu says, anxious to move on. The beautiful gardens are starting to seem ominous and threatening. The Jedi look at her, noticing her unease, and Luke takes the lead through the gardens.

Walking on the stone path, which is weaving through this part of the gardens, the Jedi and Kolistian agent search their surroundings. There is something nearby the pool?or is there something even closer?

Shivering involuntarily, Anu stays close to the Jedi, who pick up the pace to just short of a run. They need to find the five missing members quickly, yes?

After crossing this garden, the Jedi and Kolistian agent look around in a circle. After standing there for a few moments, Mara says,
    ?We all felt that?coldness, right? I could have sworn there was something near here.?

?Agreed. Something is definitely wrong here and we need to get to our five missing people as soon as possible,? Luke says with Anakin adding,
    ?Before they are caught by them.?

Luke and Mara look at him silently before Luke nods with a grim expression. Anu looks at them and says,
    ?So they are here??

Suddenly the Jedi and the Kolistian look up and to the left as they hear Karina?s voice in their minds. It is very quiet and they know for certain now.

Anu is quiet, knowing it?s one of those lovely Jedi things. When the three Jedi look back at Anu, they pause and seem to talk amongst themselves. Anu coughs loudly before crossing her arms over her chest. The Jedi look at her with slight amusement and Anu raises an eyebrow and coughs again.

?Need a cough drop?? Anakin asks, innocently. Anu?s returning glare should have melted the young Jedi into a watery puddle on the ground. Luke and Mara grin before becoming serious once again.

Luke says,
    ?The Sith are here but they are not aware of our presence. We need to find those people before the Sith do?for all our sakes.?

?Hurry, this way!? Mara says heading towards the side of the next pool. Anakin says,
    ?Where are we going??

?Well we?ve quickly searched the first four floors, so we go to the fifth,? Mara says simply and the others follow her pass the pool. As they turn aw

12. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Yes it IS a deadly game.

?Run, but try not to look like we are running??
    LOL - that was a great line. I enjoyed the other echoes of ANH, too.

Rei cries,
    ?Now I?m completely lost! How do you know where to go? I thought that you can basically know which direction you guys go but how to get through???

?We can using the force,? Nickian says with Ash adding,
    ?Though we?re not?how are you doing that??

Karina rolls her eyes and says,
    ?I memorized the layout of this hotel, okay? Keep moving!?

I like Karina. She's got spunk. :)

Chapter 36
    Is Anu hanging on to Anakin because she's scared or because he's Anakin? ;)

The bit where the mirror exploded was excellent - I could really visualise that. Good pace.

13. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    Heh. Karina is a Mara-sort, isn't she? :p Nice update!

14. shadesaw

Jan 13, 2003
    Very good. The fight scene was exciting.

15. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ouch, all that glass. It's amazing nobody got hurt.

Is that Sith telling the truth? I wonder.

16. Moff_D

Aug 3, 2002
    About time I showed up ;)

Yup, a distinctly spookier and eerie atmosphere in this story compared to your other stories. I wait to see what happens next...

17. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *peeks out from yet another rabbit hole*

Yes, I feel a little like Alice but with friends that represent the madhatter. And the professors are the queen who wants my head and...all that jazz. I think I said this on my other story thread too... :p

Thanks everyone & I'm sorry for not updating-my life is too crazy right now.
    That and I'm having a really, really bad semester...

Tahi Thanks! And yes, I realized afterwards that the Star Wars language was mixing in with my thoughts. Way too obsessed... ^^U

flowerbee Thanks...
    Heh. Karina is a Mara-sort, isn't she? Oh yes, indeed she is. Except that she is a little too random and tries not to kill people (of course, Mara's over that stage :p ). Her character has a sarcastic and an amused personality. There's always something she has to add-she just tries to smooth it out. On the other hand, Theo enjoys annoying people and is incredibly witty. :D

Shadesaw Thank you! I'm glad someone enjoyed the fight scene-I always enjoy writing them! :D

Rebel Mom Is he telling the truth? hmmm...you never know with Sith, they only tell part of the story. Of course that is if there's any truth to their words in the first place. Thank you!

Moffy Thanks & don't worry about it! :D We're both a little late in the game, eh?
    ...distinctly spookier and eerie atmosphere in this story compared to your other stories Yes, I like creating stories that are paralleling yet have a different point of view in the Star Wars universe (my stories are all different realms-that's why you see other versions of the SW characters & my OCs. This story is the real universe-the movies and books).

Thanks again everyone & thank you for being patient with me!

~*Amilight

18. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Gah, I haven't updated in so long!!! :_|

I'm sorry I haven't been here in awhile. [face_blush] I had a horrible Spring semester, though somehow I pulled out very good grades (though it was literally hell thanks to a crazy Government 300 professor. She was Sith incarnate when it came to tests & assignments. Yikes, looks can so be decieving).

I'm almost done with my summer class, though my grandpa just died so I have to head out to California, USA, for the funeral (I live on the East Coast, though).

I plan to update when I get back (next Sunday) or so, which means please don't give up on me.

I got so behind thanks to the overload of work (especially the crazy Govt 300 professor-threw more work as all my other classes put together) and then my mind was a little fried for awhile.

All 3 stories will be updated as soon as possible & once more I'm so sorry!

~Amilight

19. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    Don't rush, hun. I'm sorry about your gandpa, and the mean old prof. - we can wait as long as it takes you.

20. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay but I'll have the updates by this weekend at the latest (the plot bunnies are getting kinda restless & that's good for the stories though not for me! XD ).

Lethar Thank you & my grandpa was ready to go to heaven. He was 91 1/2 afterall & I know he's with my grandma as well! :) Also thank you for your support-it means so much to me. :D

These stories are how I express myself with my star wars obession (sp?) :p and I'm also starting to write my original story (don't worry I'm throwing notes down to get them out of my head so I can focus on my fanfics here on theforce.net)

Thanks & sorry!

~God Bless & mtfbwy,

~*Amilight

21. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Well it has to be still the weekend for someone somewhere...^^U (well I'm haven't gone to sleep yet so we'll say it's technically the weekend until I pass out, okay?)

Anyway, I'm dodging lightning storms that are out for my laptop so here it is!

Enjoy! :D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 37

Main Hotel Lobby, Halo?s Tsu Hotel, Alphen, Laten, Matas System

Gathering around the magnificent red and white marble fountain in the elegant and matching waiting area of the hotel, two Jedi, a Kolistian agent, and a New Republic agent try to act as casual as possible. The New Republic agent, Mickial Spen, says softly,
    ?How are we suppose to act normal??

Theo goes and sits on the fountain ledge and says,
    ?We?re tourists. We don?t do ?normal?!?

?Can we be annoying or better yet flirtatious?? Sirtie Canu says with a wicked grin, which makes the others worry just a little.
    ?Why not? I?m going to get some drinks!? Mickial says before looking at the Jedi. Seth heads towards the marble staircase in order to pretend to study the wall hangings. He calls over his shoulder,
    ?Watch out for the alcohol, I hear they make it rather strong.?

Translation? Don?t even think about drinking alcohol.

?I?ll be fine! Hey??? Mickial calls back as he turns to look at Sirtie and Theo. Blinking for a moment, Sirtie suddenly smiles, bats her eyes, and gracefully moves towards Mickial. The Kolistian agent immediately grabs his arm and says sweetly,
    ?Of course, honey! I?ll join you for a drink!?

Theo nearly falls off the ledge into the fountain at Sirtie?s uncharacteristically sugar sweet, giggly performance for everyone present in the lobby. Mickial, not one for breaking character, nods and says,
    ?Thanks, wait for me by the bar.?

Sirtie grins silly at Mickial before giving a nod to Theo and quickly taking a lookout at a corner of the bar. Mickial then walks next to Theo, who looks up with a smile.
    ?Do you want me to get you a drink??

?Yes, and give me the alcohol but not yourselves,? the young Jedi master replies. Mickial says,
    ?That?s not fair!?
    ?I?m not completely human,? Theo says softly, giving the New republic agent a pointed look. The Elvish human can take alcohol without blinking while any alcohol in their bloodstreams would make them easy targets. ?They will get suspicious if none of us drink any alcohol. Also, sip your drinks, I have a bad feeling-and I think Seth is with me on this-that someone will try to spike the other drinks as well.?

?I?ll be careful,? Mickial whispers before saying normally, ?so what?ll it be??
    ?Something mixed with vodka,? Theo says before adding quietly, ?and only vodka as the alcohol, okay? I don?t want to be dealing with four liquors in my bloodstream or I?ll pass out.?
    ?And your wife will kill you??
    ?Actually she?ll probably kill you and wait until I wake up,? Theo says with a grin, his jade green eyes dancing in amusement. Mickial, slowly moving away, says,
    ?Your wife strict about alcohol??
    ?Oh the contrary, we have agreed that as long as we can function to at least some degree it will be fine and definitely not during anything important. Also my tolerance is higher than hers! Anyway, I must stress that as little alcohol as possible be added to my drink and we all sip at them.?

?You think we?re already being watched?? Mickial says, turning towards the bar connected the lobby, not even fifty feet away. Theo finishes,
    ??and being preyed upon.?

Mickial walks into the bar, sliding right next to Sirtie, and orders four drinks-one with vodka. Sirtie tries to look as innocent and harmless as possible, expertly hiding the weapons in her possession. Pretending to fix her blond hair, already in a tight ponytail/braid, Sirtie keeps up this performance for the other ten customers and the two bored bartenders. The female bartender, a human woman, leans in and actually asks how it was between Sirtie and her ?husband/lover?.

Walking up the stairs, Seth starts to study the wall hangings but he stops and turns to look at Theo who suddenl

22. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    Okay....

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :_| :_| :_|

23. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    ?We?re tourists. We don?t do ?normal?!?
    LOL Great line.

?Something mixed with vodka,? Theo says before adding quietly, ?and only vodka as the alcohol, okay? I don?t want to be dealing with four liquors in my bloodstream or I?ll pass out.?
    ?And your wife will kill you??
    ?Actually she?ll probably kill you and wait until I wake up,? Theo says with a grin,

:D Wonderful.

Hmm - that mind trap sounds nasty! But what a creative idea.

Ooh- evil cliffie! But great action and tension.

Good to see you around again, Twi. :)

24. Jedi_of_Twilight

Aug 30, 2002
    *pulls herself out of a large rabbit hole*

Okay I've just got myself out of depression (family issues and the prementioned death of my grandfather) and finally am getting over DL and writer's block.

Sorry for delaying and I will be on the internet more (my internet connection is secure and I will be on the university's internet as well. Yes, school is starting again).

Tahi Thanks & it looks like you're the only one who bothered to read this update (though I'm hoping for some lurkers XD). I'm glad you're enjoying my random, amusing (at least to me! ~_^) humor! :D

The concept of mind traps came from one of the EU books talking about how if you separate your consciousness from your body there is a chance that someone could stop you from coming back. I know that doesn't make perfect sense on how I made that leap from risks to traps, but hey don't worry, there is a method to my madness! :p

Also, it is good to be back.

Updates are pending b/c of the writer's block and issues that plagued me when I was halfway through chapters. Yes, all updates are half done. I'm working on them as well as getting things ready for a new semester. Lucky for us all that I commute so I'm not dealing with dorms or roommates.

Always nice to find a plus-I was wishing to be on campus-in disappointment. ;)

~God Bless
    ~*Amilight

25. Lethar

Lethar Jedi Master star 1

Apr 29, 2004
    I be a lurker. Yes, you read my ugly grammar right! Heh. :) Good to see you back, and I do hope everything goes well and all that! :) Writer's block? Bah, no worries. No one's pushing you to get an update out. Rest, relax, enjoy your steady internet access. Heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.