main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Should any genre be off-limits?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Loupgarou, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haruss

Haruss Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 24, 2014
    Too late:

[​IMG]

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's not funny.

mes520 likes this.
  3. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    This and raunchy comedy.

Sarge likes this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Not Another Star War.
    You know a bad teen comedy has to be in the works.

5. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Stormtroopers sitting in a cantina, drinking their blue milk, talking about a particularly dirty translation of Lapti Nek. This goes on for 20 minutes or so.

Then Luke runs in with his lightsaber and chops them to shreds, limbs flying everywhere.

Hey, I'd pay to see it.

Triangulum and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    A sad-sweet romance, in the Notebook style, with an old Alzheimer's ridden Leia, being told the story of her lifelong love of Han.

Something you can take your mum to see.

7. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I think Star Wars could provide the backdrop for an Alien or Riddick scenario.

I think that you wouldnt do such a movie in the near future. But when you have half a dozen movies done then you can start playing around a bit more. Then you can do a Deadpool.

8. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Musicals... I hope we get the return of little alien songs in the background. For the pure cheese factor.

9. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  10. AmidalaLover

AmidalaLover Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2014
    Erotic romantic drama

mes520 likes this.
  11. Breogan

Breogan Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Magical Girl - Courtroom Drama!

12. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    As far as every SW film being the same "genre", I think it's okay as long as enough time passes in between releases. The next five/six years of consecutive Star Wars releases I'm okay with, to really revamp the saga for the 21st Century, but after that, if they don't wait at least that same amount of time to do another film, then it may become repetitive and the market over saturated. Which is why the television medium might come into play, and could portentially explore alternate ideas like horror themes (probably more psychological horror like Event Horizon than traditional monsters and ghosts), noir crime, and expand on several characters over the course of several seasons of a series. Over time, Star Wars may eventually end up like Star Trek, in that it sort of alternates between films and television series. Then you have to consider possible reboots and whatnot of the OT and the Prequels, which might work out once enough time has passed and enough Star Wars media has been released (this is like 20 years from now). But it worked for Star Trek, a lot of the old fans of the original films and tv series are happy with the recent reboots.

Just give it time, 2035 seems like a long way off, but before we know it, it'll be here...

13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015

Well, Jedi aren't all that distant from Magic Girl.
    A bit of Ashoka, a bit of Sabine. "Jedi Powers! Activate!"
    A big swirl of lights as armor attaches, lightsabers spring forth....

14. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Time travel.

mes520 likes this.
  15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    So no, Kylo Ren gets thrown into a Reactor, where villains tend to meet their fate, just at the moment the Space Station goes into Hyperspace and is transported back to Prequel times. He kills Anakin, and becomes his own hero. He becomes Darth Vader.

16. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012

This also includes Anthology films. Therefore, I do not expect to see a young Luke Skywalker visited by an eccentric elderly man with white hair telling him that he needs to travel with him to the past to ensure his parents meet at the Jedi Ball.

Yes, I also want to avoid this scene:

"David, David - it's your cousin, Marvin Guetta. Here's that sound you're after!" *holds phone to stage as Luke Skywalker waves lightsaber.

Sarge and GregMcP like this.
  17. Cay_Qel-Droma

Cay_Qel-Droma Jedi Master

Jul 1, 2006
    I tell ya one thing that drives me insane is freakin greek tragedy melodrama genre in Star Wars that as far as I can tell two things about killing off any and all well beloved Star War characters that decidedly DID NOT NEED TO DIE!!! THAT WAS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY you for whatever reason wrote the story that killed off beloved Star Wars Character(s) 'cause I guarantee if you've already done that and don't intend to take it back you are easily the most unpopular novelist since Ayn Rand I'M NOT KIDDING! No decent individual who's read anything from Ayn Rand likes Ayn Rand I have and believe me I am decent and literate and that's a very big problem a bunch of horrible people think Literacy is bad both having it and using it some kind of sign of the downfall of society? Hell no! Burning books is more likely responsible the kind of sing of the downfall of society as is not reading not writing and refusing to allow books to be read even making it illegal to read them well I'm gonna read them and thus far I've never been arrested in my county for reading them at home or in public so [face_flag]:D:cool:^:)^ So unless you want to be as unpopular as Ayn Rand don't kill off a beloved Star Wars Character just for the sake of melodrama and a whole boat load of money seriously DON'T DO IT because you're just as bad as Ayn Rand!

18. Cay_Qel-Droma

Jul 1, 2006
    So big freakin greek tragedy melodrama death of a beloved Star War character just for the sake of a bunch of money should definitely be off limits because you are just as bad as Ayn Rand if you do that and anyone who hate Ayn Rand as much as I or we would and do for killing a beloved Star Wars Character we will all hate you!

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ^ Friends don't let friends post drunk.

20. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    I'd like them to take another crack at the Holiday Special genre.

What Are The Odds likes this.
  21. Cay_Qel-Droma

Jul 1, 2006
    Oh no that's not the only possible love story from Star Wars missy and there's plenty more romances left available to be done that haven't been done yet and I'm gonna let you in a little known trick as simple as logic if Padme got pregnant by Anakin having sex with her in the background never see it but we know it happened obvioulsy it did go on in the background never actually showing it but considering this it's most likely happening and believe me there were A WHOLE BUNCH MORE STAR WARS love stories before Episode 2 was even being written by George Lucas himself a lot of other writers had their Ideas as well

Tanith Shire imperial officer hot blonde woman sometime between episode 4 and 5 rejects the empire completely and defects entirely to Luke Skywalker and is a real stupid moment for Luke wants absolutely nothing to do with her he's more concerned with his duties to The Rebel-Whaaaaaa? Newsflash Luke: If a hot blonde woman is willing to do anything for you and the way she looked at you she would do it and you're currently single seriously WTF?! Most likely they just kissed but that's not the first hot blonde he gets an offer from and if that were me I would've taken it but soon there comes

"Truce at Bakura" Gaeriel Capiston and Imperial officer hot blonde woman is needing Luke Skywalker's help against an uprising I forget how to spell them they're these vile blue Raptor-Like monsters with a big and powerful fleet they resemble a Denonychus 2 meters tall blue just as dangerous and they can also speak basic and fly a big fleet of dangerous ships and Gaeriel Capiston then works with Luke and the rest of the rebels an she becomes Luke's lover I'm sure they did it and ultimately the Raptors are killed off in a big victory but Gaeriel unfortunately dies

Shira Brie-Some say she's the first true love of Luke Skywalker but they're wrong see above I know they're wrong she comes later as the Jedi are rebuilding after Truce at Bakura She's an attractive Redhead definitely doing it but she falls to the dark side and becomes Lumiya and has to be killed because she's now a Sith and has to die so she did

"The Courtship of Princess Leia" Read it Luke's acquaintance there is Teneniel Djo gorgeous brunette they did have sex 100% consentual I might add more than this I will not say read it and you'll find out how Han and Leia get married.

"Dark Empire Trilogy"
    "Dark Empire" "Dark Empire II" "Empire's End"
    Luke finds and takes on an Apprentice Jedi of the Ysanna Jem a woman 23 and her brother Rayf 15 and Luke is 28 Luke falls in love with Jem and I know you can work your way in from there but you should read it it's pretty good but it's not the last time The Empire is destroyed.

The Callista Trilogy
    "Children of The Jedi" by Barbara Hamley "Darksaber" by Kevin J. Anderson "Planet of Twilight" by Barbara Hamley Luke's Lover there is Callista

"Union" Luke finally gets married to his old nemesis Mara Jade eventually Mara Jade decided she didn't need to fight Luke anymore years earlier they stay married many years later and it looks as though Luke may have had a longer list of love interests than Leia officially only seeing 1 with Han and she marries him and it looks like many writers have found a more effective means of giving Luke more options so Episode 2 is not the only one that has been done or ever can be done I'm sure someone's working on a new love interest for Rey in episode 8 and episode 9 as well so episode 2 is not an absolute by a long shot.

22. Cay_Qel-Droma

Jul 1, 2006
    I Got news for you I haven't been drunk for 6 months and successfully graduated rehab and am never going back the drink again trust me the joke is decidedly on you I was not drunk I need you to know how brutally honest I am at any rate and am not afraid to ask difficult questions or sock it thusly to those who decidedly deserve to be socked it to! That's how I roll baby!

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Cay_Qel-Droma Please watch the double posting but more importantly I'm really not sure what anything you're saying has to do with this thread. There are places where you can rant about Ayn Rand or the EU I'm sure but this isn't it.

24. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    I rather not see a horror genre movie personally. I would not mind a western feeling film with Obi Wan spinoff

25. What Are The Odds

What Are The Odds Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2016
    Are you telling me TFA felt like one of big six to you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.