main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should Forces of Destiny be considered “real” canon.

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Benster7703, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benster7703

Benster7703 Jedi Knight

Jan 8, 2018
    Regardless of what you personally think of the show, would it really be a good idea to value this as equal to other canon material. TCW and Rebels have been called “kiddie shows” before (even though their obviously not,) but Forces of Destiny is targeting very young girls, and the content reflects this fact. In the first episode, Rey and BB-8 get attacked by some sand monster minutes after they met. In the very next episode, they get attacked by raiders. I know that Jakku is a rough place but wow. In a latter episode, Jyn, (who at the time of said episode was a member of a terrorist organization) helps a girl who had her space cat taken by the empire, I really don’t think the Empire would care about some girl’s space cat, and even if they did, I don’t think Jyn would care about her. The main goal of this show is to entertain little girls, and I think it does that well, but could this hinder the canon?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not a young girl, but I love FOD.

Regardless, this topic is moot because the show is canon and that's not gonna change anytime soon.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.