main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should GL edit Maul's death?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by poker, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterPfeif

MasterPfeif Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    It looks sorta wierd. It doesn't look like he slices maul. It just looks like he puts his blade through him. And yet, he still splits.

2. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    But Obi Wan didn't just make a stabbing move, he swung his saber causing Maul to split in half.

3. Virgilius

Virgilius Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2004
    I think Obi-Wan was either to fast for Maul at that moment or perhaps he used the Force to slow Maul's reaction. I don't know.

4. Jedi-Master_Sledge

Jedi-Master_Sledge Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    IMO, I think it is fine the way it is. I think Obi Wan has always been underedtimated in his powers and agility.
    Look at his fight with Jango Fett in AOTC on Camino, I know that this is after 10 years of training, but still, Obi Wan still has the power to kick some serious a**. But I agree with the earlier posts, that he used the dark side to try and defeate him, but soon realized that the light side was best. but I may just be being biased here. I have always thought that darth maul was too James Bondish in description and events, always just being able to scrape by. If you read Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter, you'll see what I mean. I think that people who love the dark side and the sith will always call bad form on the jedi kicking a little dark side tail.

Jedi-Master_Sledge

5. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    GL should change Anakin getting his hand chopped off first...

6. SKIMBLESHANKS

SKIMBLESHANKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    Ya know I was thinking that his death was pretty stupid. But Strilo has a extremely good point. He was probably completely unsuspecting.

7. SKIMBLESHANKS

SKIMBLESHANKS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2005
    Put yourself in the position of fighting there. Ok your Darth Maul you just kicked some guy down a melting pit, who has no weapon. What the hell would you think when the guy jumped up did 3 summersaults over your head and sliced you in half.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.