main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Should I read the Han Solo Adventures??

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Fluke_Groundwalker, Sep 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I accually dug around for about a year looking for the seperate reprents. Not the big collection of all 3. I got the 3 reprents of each single book. Damn, they have the best art of any of the book covers. Stars End more so.

2. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Very well drawn, even if the art isn't accurate, :D.

3. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    You'll notice the girl on the cover of Revenge reprint looks nothing like she's described in the book...

4. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Ohh well. Still great art. And, I'm sorry, the original covers SUCKED. I'm all for retro 70's old stuff. Its apart of what Star Wars is. But that big orange cover was just nasty.

5. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Where could I see pictures of these covers??

6. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Amazon.com has them all. But I think one of them is messed up. The colors are screwed in the picture file. I'll try and find another site that might have the covers.

Nope, can't find it. Ohh well, I think its just one of the covers at Amazon thats messed up. You'll get the idea. I did find the original covers numerous times, to my discontent.

7. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Correction noted- it is Del Rey.

8. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Mine have the original covers. Two first edition paperbacks and a fifth edition. I think they're cool. The HSATLL one is the best.

TC

9. accrispin

accrispin Author of the Han Solo Trilogy star 1 VIP

Jul 11, 1998
    Definitely read them. Brian Daley did a remarkable job creating the Corporate Sector, and writing Han's adventures essentially in a vacuum, because he wasn't permitted to use the established Star Wars universe (because it was still under development, I presume).

Brian Daley captured Han's speech patterns, and I loved the way he used Chewbacca in the books.

Best,

-Ann C. Crispin

10. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    They're lots of fun, and besides Ms. Crispin's books, are the epitome of Han.

11. Mr_Whills

Mr_Whills Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2001
    Daley's and Crispens' books are all very good.

I almost didn't read any of them because I wasn't sure if I wanted to know about Han's background.

However, I'm VERY glad I did. Soem of the best EU around.

12. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I read the first one, and it was very good. I plan on reading the other 2 soon.

I gotta say that the new artwork is much better. :D

13. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Hey, cool, accrispin posted. That doesn't happen often.

Definitely read the Solo Adventures. They're among my favorite EU books, and are very fun reads.

14. Jeremyguy

Jeremyguy Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1998
    I'll have to pick them up. I loved Crispin's trilogy. I also read the Lando trilogy a few years back - before I even read the Thrawn trilogy or Truce at Bakura. I know opinions vary, but I enjoyed them.

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    You know, no matter how many times a SW author pops up on the boards, I always feel a bit star-struck. Hi, Mrs Chrispin! :D

The HSA always remind me of the Indy films, even though Raiders hadn't been released when Daley was writing them. I love the scene in HSATLL with Han using a rolling gong to give him cover, just like in Temple of Doom.
    The Lando adventures are good also. I was glad to see A.C. Chrispin work them into the HST.

So, what are the chances of us seeing a Maftak&Kabe/Han&Chewie story sometime? ;)

TC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.