main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Should Jaina and Jag have kids?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Allana_Rey, Sep 16, 2012.

?

Should Jaina and Jag have kids?

1. Yes

44 vote(s)
    81.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
  2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Padmé Fel: Mom, how did you pick my name?
    Jaina: Well, dear, we named you after my mother's mother, who she never knew, because moments after she and your great-uncle Luke were born, her mother 'lost the will to live.' In fact, we only know who she was because Artoo recorded a holo of her husband almost choking her to death.
    Padmé: ... that's twisted, mom.
    Jaina: Welcome to the Solo-Skywalker side of the family. Toughen up.

No. Emphatically... no.

Zer0, MercenaryAce, mulberry and 8 others like this.
  3. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
  4. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    I don't , but then I am not that much into calling people after deceased persons.. I am also not a fan of padme in any case and seeing that jaina didnt even know her I wonder why she would want to name her child after her.

5. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Would she dare to name one of her sons 'Jacen'? 'Anakin' I could well understand!

6. Parnesius

Parnesius Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 8, 2012
    Anakin Fel would be hilarious, fantastic and utterly, utterly doomed.

Anyway, both parents have oodles of personally-meaningful choices from which to select their childrens' first and middle names. Off the top of my head (and completely disregarding the in-universe and out-of-universe likelihood), we have:

Boys' names:

Soontir
    Han
    Davin
    Chak
    Cem
    Jacen
    Anakin
    Luke
    Todr
    Bail
    Prestor
    Wedge
    Lando
    Chewbacca
    Lowbacca
    Gial
    Kyp
    Zekk
    Voss
    Gilad
    Vitor

Girls' names:

Leia
    Syal
    Wynssa
    Cherith
    Zena
    Padme
    Breha
    Mara
    Winter
    Tionne
    Tenal Ka
    Tahiri
    Tekli
    Shawnkyr
    Anni
    Mirta
    Saba
    Cilghal

Actually, quite a few of these have probably become immensely popular baby names, at least among humans, over the last forty-odd years. 'Mon' and 'Cal' might be others.

7. imiller

imiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    No on the Padme thing.

Arg on the anti-Fel-Empire sentiment, especially echoing the comments on the wonderfulness of the GA since the NJO...

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Will they? Yes.

Should they? Hell no!

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd rather see Allana name her kid Jacen, if she has any.

10. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Maybe it'll come full circle- Jacen will die a noble and honorable death, but one of his siblings with a completely innocuous name will become Darth Vader III.
    (sorry, lol- I just don't get the cathartic element in naming kids after crazy, murderous parents- I'd rather see another Anakin at this point, in honor of Anakin Solo, than a Jacen so soon after Caedus's reign of terror)

As for Jaina and Jag... honestly, the only repeating names I would be remotely interested in seeing them use would be from Jag's siblings, particularly Davin and Cherith, since we never got to see them as characters (yet, anyway- here's to hoping!).

Edit: oooh- unless Wedge dies at some point. Then they can have a little Wedge Fel. How cute would that be?

morrison85 and Zeta1127 like this.
  11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The oldest twin boy would probably become Emperor first.

12. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, the older one could die, or renounce the throne for multiple reasons.

13. Sith_Knight087

Sith_Knight087 Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Fel II (Roan Fel's Father) is most likely Jaina and Jag's son, wouldn't really make much sense if he wasn't.

14. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    With the way things have been going, an older one would probably go Dark Side and kill Jaina and Jag before being taken down him/herself,

GrandMasterKatarn and Zorrixor like this.
  15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Yes, sooner or later.

16. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Yes, for all of the reasons mentioned. And of course, you realize these kids are going to have Antilles, Skywalker, Solo and Fel genes. So they are going to kick some serious ass, genetic-wise.

17. Karohalva

Karohalva Jedi Knight star 2

May 27, 2008
    Yes, they should. They need a daughter named in honor of this woman and in memory of her struggle: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Fala_(female_Human)

Fala Fel, who, despite her crusty exterior, has a soft heart which has been sprouted from a flavorful admixture of her parents' tastes. She'd be a delicious dish who constantly demonstrates she has balls as she continually goes out of the frying pan and into the fire. Nevertheless, her character development would prove that saucy behavior won't count for a hill of beans next to a well-rounded character and properly textured composition.

GrandMasterKatarn and LexiLupin like this.
  18. EmpressJainaSoloFel

EmpressJainaSoloFel Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 3, 2009
  19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    this just scares me because of the events that transpire in the Legacy comics.

20. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Instead of becoming Bastila, or leaving her kids with droids and nannies like her mom did, or having Leia raise the kids, or keeping the kids a secret, Jaina should just take the kids with her at all times, even into danger. I mean, she is the Sword of the Jedi, so I can see her holding her lightsaber in one hand and a kid in the other, with another kid hanging on to her leg while she kicks ass.

[​IMG]